It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Alla Fine della Caos, I
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:42 am 
Olympic Badminton Champion

"All roigh', then," Recheov shrugged his shoulders.

He was a bit confused--again--when Kali took his hand. This whole touching thing was weird. He wasn't used to a woman touching him in a friendly sort of way without him trying to get into bed with her shortly thereafter. And he didn't plan on that with Kali at all. That'd probably get him kicked out, or worse--and in that situation, he really didn't want to fist-fight Keep. That made looked like he might be a bit tough. Of course, before Recheov's travels, he would've actually been enthused about that sort of idea . . .

Recheov followed her closely. Once he caught up, he remained by her side, holding onto her hand and watching where she was going. He didn't make any attempt to let go of her hand, even after they reached the shop of Kali's choice. A custom tailoring place. That was pretty ritzy. He was about to ask if she really had the cash for this, but before he did, he was seemingly accosted by an older lady.

It was only then that Recheov let go of Kali's hand.

Incidentally, Recheov wasn't actually that ticklish. He hadn't many genuinely soft spots on his skin; he was rough, rugged, and callous.

All he could do was look at the woman funny. He'd never been measured before. Six foot one, close to a hundred seventy pounds, and about as twiggish as his toned body would let him be--fitting him might actually prove difficult. He had muscle, but he wasn't as broad as other men were.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:19 pm 
Almost Famous

The old woman took a step forward. There were no fancy measuring tools she needed. She reached up and placed her hands on Recheovs shoulders, and moved said hands from the outside, inward. Fragile hands eased around his neck. Raising a brow slightly, she placed her hands under his arm pits and ran them down his torso. “Sweetie, you need to put some meat on this boy!”

Kali let out a hearty laugh at the old womans words. “Yes, indeed. I may just do that if he lets me.” Kali tossed a wink over to Recheov, yet something about her face seemed serious. One could never really tell with her.

Last but not least, the old man bent down with a loud groan, and ran her hands down the length of Recheovs leg. “Youra tall boy, too, aren’t ya?” The woman sprung up much faster then she got down and nodded toward the far corner of the store. “I reckon the clothes over there will fit him fine, and I just got a few pairs of boots in, too.”

“Sounds good, thank you!” Once more Kali stole Recheovs hand and this time, waited for him to accompany her to where they had been directed. “Look around, find some things you like, alright?” She wondered how easy this would be for him. He didn’t seem the type to take “hand outs” though that was not what she considered it to be. In fact, she was rather excited about it all.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:20 pm 

"Ehhh, oI think oI got 'nough," Recheov rolled his shoulders. "'nough to put a big guy down, 'least. Once 'ad it out with a guy throice my size, actually. Clocked 'im cold with one shot."

He sounded a bit proud about that--and any belief that he was would be completely well founded. Recheov enjoyed his fair share of violence. It just needed to have a reason anymore. That might make a bit more sense of his injuries to Kali at the very least--and maybe the old lady by extension.

Though, in all truth, getting a kick out of a good brawl had nothing to do with the current wounds. Old scars, sure. But all the current ones--well, Kali already knew enough about those.

Nonetheless, he nodded to the old woman. "Thanks a ton." I think.

Recheov hadn't the slightest clue what kind of clothes there were available, and he rarely cared much for what he had to wear. It was all just cloth to throw on for decency's sake and rarely anything more. So, he just moved to where he'd been directed and hoped to find something decent.

Or maybe Kali finding something decent for him.

That might be a bit easier . . .

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:24 pm 
Almost Famous

Easy meant little to her. In all honesty, this was a blast. She waited a moment and noticed that Recheov didn’t dive right in and start looking, not to mention she took note that he really didn’t seem interested in the whole shopping experience. She laughed a little, wrapping her arm around his waist.

“How about, I look through here and see what she has. I don’t reckon I’ll be finding any towels in here though.” Again she laughed, she kinda figured when he fell asleep in his towel, that clothes weren’t much a worry to him.

Searching through the shelf, she found a pair of slacks that looked like they would fit. She held them up against his body, and eyed them carefully. “I think this size will work perfectly.” With a wink, she grabbed all three pair of that size. She did the same with shirts, grabbing three that would look nice with the slacks, and then pointed toward the boots. “That’s all you hon. Just find a pair that fits and if there is anything else you need we can grab it to. Other then that, we’re good.”

She turned from the boots to look at the tops behind them, grabbing up a new pair of sleep shorts and a tank for herself, and a pair of shorts for him. “Any luck over there?” She was only a few feet from him, a gentle smile spread over her lips as she held an armful of clothes for the two of them.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:32 pm 

He really did appreciate this, though he didn't seem to make too much note of it. This whole thing was weird, though. Truth be told, he couldn't really remember a time when he actually went out shopping like this. His friends usually went out and picked him up some things while they were out. He didn't know his sizes at all--but fortunately, Kali seemed to eyeball him well, in comparison to a few shirts and pairs of pants she'd picked out.

"Soun's good," Recheov shrugged, "Thanks a ton, babe."

He stood by the shoe rack, momentarily confused. There were a few pairs available; none too much, but enough for a selection, it seemed.

Recheov sat down to try a pair on. It was this floppy, old looking pair he'd picked out sans any thought. Of course they were probably new--but that didn't quite matter. They weren't full of holes and upon trying them on, he found that they were pretty comfortable on his calloused and worn out toes. They were actually kind of big on him. Fortunately, he kind of liked his boots that way. A bit floppy; not too big on him, but definitely not fitting. They weren't the best for traveling in, but Recheov wasn't a man who thought of efficiency and rationality. Those were all afterthoughts if they even struck his mind at all.

It took only a minute for Recheov to be behind Kali, pair of boots in hand. "oI think oI'm gonna go with this pair 'ere," was all he had to say.

Truth be told, it was all kind of awkward. Recheov didn't quite look it, though--awkward, that is. Rather, he looked more confused the entire time than anything . . .

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:03 pm 
Almost Famous

“It’s my pleasure, really.” She offered him a smile, grabbed the boots, her arms full of clothing, and headed up to the old woman. With a quick glance the woman blurted out an amount of tender, and Kali paid up without a seconds thought. “Thanks, if we need anything I’ll be sure to pay you a visit."

She folded the clothes and placed them in a bag without asking the old woman for help, and nodded toward the door. “Ready?” There wasn’t really anything else to do. Though she had made it sound like it would take the whole day, this was more then she had gotten to do in some time. Waging how long it would take was something she was obviously lacking in, although Recheov was less picky then she would have thought.

“I suppose we can go back up to my place if you want, there’s not really anything else left to do unless you wanna look around or something.” Although she wasn’t apposed to this, going back home and chillin sounded like waaaaaaaaay more fun. She would leave that choice to him though, after all he was her guest and since it had been so long since she had one, making him happy was her top priority, although she didn’t speak that out loud.

She held her hand out to him, a coy yet rotten smile on her face. One could never really tell what was going through her head, even though most the time she blurted it out anyways.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:30 am 

Yeah, going back sounded like a good idea. Once Kali had paid for it all, Recheov let her take his hand and lead him out of the store. Funny. He couldn't actually remember the route they took to get here. It was mostly up to Kali to get him back to the tavern safely.

It was high noon by then. Out here, where personal shops might have been construed as some sort of marketplace, the locals were progressively beginning to appear in droves. Recheov kept up with Kali as they started across the road, the stretch of sand that lay between one collective of structures and another, but he found himself slowing soon, transfixed by commotion that seemed to arise from nowhere. It was so hot out, yet these people were leaving their homes, seeking their daily wares, and socializing along the way. He could see them all, mostly in their desert dress, tarps, turbans, all bulk, yet all covering. It protected them from the sun.

Recheov couldn't boast such a thing, and he hadn't picked out any clothes--nor had Kali--that were at all covering in excess. They weren't quite traveler's clothes at all, especially a desert wanderer's. In hindsight, maybe he should have picked out better clothes for this environment . . .

Oh well.

He was about ready to speed up and keep pace with Kali again, until something caught his eye. Or, rather, someone. Recheov stopped walking entirely. He watched the individual, the figure clad in a dark coat and wide brimmed hat, passing just in front of Kali on a routine-like walk. There was only a short moment to see much of him--and that was it.

Stopped in the middle of the road, Recheov stared at the man's back, practically unaware of Kali or the bustle of townspeople trying to pass him by . . .

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:13 am 
Almost Famous

She didn’t really concern herself with the type of clothing most wore around these parts, mainly because, she didn’t have to. These people that passed them now on the streets spent hours in the heat and sun, something that Kali never had to do. The fact remained that she didn’t want Recheov to leave anytime soon, if he wished otherwise, she would graciously get him whatever else he needed.

Since he offered no specific answer, she trudged on toward her place. Her eyes roamed over the people and their wares, same as everyday. There was nothing new to her. With her hand wrapped tightly around his she quickly realized that he had stopped and was staring at something. No, someone?

She watched Recheov watch the man, until his back was toward them. Moving back to the side of Recheov, hand still in his, her other hand came to meet his forearm. “Are you alright?” It almost seemed like a dumb question, but she didn’t wanna use his name either. What if this person was someone he didn’t want to speak with? What if that was someone who was responsible for the scars bared upon Recheovs body? She stood still.....waiting....

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:38 am 

At first, Recheov didn't react. He simply continued to stare at the man's back, watching him disappear into the ground. His brow was furrowed and his lips were parted in an almost lethargic way, as if he simply weren't thinking about closing them. Preoccupied. But with what? Thoughts? Feelings? No, that was all too . . . concrete. This wasn't anything of the sort. It was abstract. Familiarly incomprehensible.

Kali, however, drew him from this familiar experience. He turned his attention to her, but stared at her blankly, if only briefly. What was it all about? No feelings, no thoughts, just a series of unexplained experiences that felt overwhelmingly familiar, if not even nostalgic.

"Uh?" Recheov asked as he finally quirked a brow and shut his lips.

It took him a moment to really come to grips with it all. Where he was. What his name was, again. That sort of experience always threw him off. Back then, it was pleasant. Now, it was a bit confusing. He rubbed his eyes and took in a deep breath. This instigated a yawn. He wasn't at all tired, though. Just weak. Well, he felt it. Couldn't explain why, but he did. It was like his muscles were suddenly a lot heavier, weighed down on by fatigue and all the like. Laying down would probably feel nice sometime in the near future.

Maybe it was his lack of sleep.

Yeah. Had to be that.

"Nah. Nothin's wrong," he waved off the suggestion, before taking a step forward, passing Kali, and motioning for her to follow. He'd suddenly remembered the way. "Le's get back to your place, eh?"

Profile  •  •  
 •  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5