It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Alla Fine della Caos, I
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:02 pm 
Almost Famous

The smell of coffee filled the small apartment. In all honesty, she was surprised to see that he hadn’t stole away into the night, and honestly, she was glad he hadn’t. Unsure if he was awake or asleep, she touched his arm gently. “Recheov, good morning.” She spoke quietly, not wanting to startle him if he were sleeping.

A big smile stole her features, her hair looking as perfect as it had the night before. A large cup of coffee in her hand, and she still wore her underclothing. The mornings were fairly cool, the best time of the day in her opinion. “Are you excited?”

Her own excitement was evident on her face as she sipped her own cup. From below then the smells of morning wafted upward. Bacon, sausage, the smell of syrup - it was all rather heavenly. “Smells like Keeps on the ball. Maybe we should get our own rolling, eh?”

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:30 pm 
Olympic Badminton Champion

Recheov stretched out his arms and legs as soon as he heard Kali's voice call out to him. He mumbled something, but even Recheov wasn't quite sure what he was saying. It probably wasn't important.

When he opened his eyes again, he beheld the scantily clad--and, admittedly, extremely attractive--woman practically leaning over him. This was in no way a bad method of waking up, if he was even asleep to begin with. His mind was suddenly split between two trains of thought: in one hand, he was tempted to just let his eyes wander and have a happy morning; on the other, he wondered if he actually slept last night or not. It didn't feel like he did, but he definitely could not recall being awake for the whole night.

"Heh," he grinned, "Mornin', babe."

He also refrained from reaching his hands up and touching, which was a painful urge to resist--but it was definitely for the best. He didn't need to be kicked out of this place.

Recheov stood up once Kali returned to the kitchen for her coffee. He didn't feel sleep in his bones; that meant he didn't sleep or didn't sleep well. He didn't feel it either way. It was when he was checking that he realized that he was still wearing a towel around his waist, and were it not for the fact that he had his back turned to Kali, he really would've been pretty damn indecent. Recheov readjusted the towel to make sure this was in no way, shape, or form a risk to him, and began to look for his clothes.

"Hmm . . . where did oI put my stuff, again?" Recheov wondered to himself as he glanced from left to right, already having forgotten where he put the rags he was wearing last night--and forgetting whether or not Kali offered him temporary clothes or if she just gave him a towel.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:29 pm 
Almost Famous

“Mornin sugar.” She held out the massive cup of coffee to him. “I crashed out so hard last night. Probably the best sleep I’ve had in years. Guess in some odd way it made me feel safe having you here.” She smiled and glanced at the towel he still wore, her smile growing a bit wider.

With a single index finger she pointed at the box stuffed with clothes. “Dig through that stuff and when we go out, we’ll getcha something more your style.” She wasn’t really sure a man like Recheov had a style, save for whatever was comfortable. Either way, he’d have something better then he has shown up in.

Sitting her coffee down she stretched her arms up toward the heavens, groaning loudly as she did so. “Man....I suppose I should get dressed, but in all honestly, I could sit around in my pjs all day and relax.” She laughed at herself heartily, knowing damn good and well she couldn’t do that even if she tried.

With that being said she headed into her room, popping her head out for a second. “I’m glad you stayed.” With a wink, she was gone. From the open door, clothes could be seen flying through the air. “Christ, I need to organize this.” She mumbled in an annoyed tone. When she emerged from the bedroom, she still wore the tank, only now she was zipping up a pair of pants with t-shirt tossed over one shoulder.

She stole another glance at Recheov, as rugged as he was, there was indeed something alluring about him, perhaps his mysteriousness? It didn’t matter really, he was an attractive man none the less. “Not that I’m complaining, but didja find anything in that box?” A half grin eased over her face as she flopped down on the sofa, flipping her t-shirt on the back of it, and pulling her hair back in a messy pony tail.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:32 am 

"Thanks," he nodded when she handed a cup his way.

Not quite as concerned about wearing a towel about his waist as he should be, Recheov stood in place and took a sip at the coffee he was most graciously provided. It wasn't bad--but then again, he enjoyed all brands of liquor. Taste wasn't something he cared too much about.

He downed it quick for caffeine's sake, a nice jolt to his system to shock the sleep out. He hadn't slept a wink last night, of this he was sure. Oh well. It happened. It happened frequently, and it never began to bother him. By now, he was kind of used to it. Sleep meant dreams and dreams meant memories, and true to the existence of mnemophobia, he preferred to avoid that mess.

"Not loike oI'd complain," he shrugged his shoulders.

Hell, she could hang out in her PJs and he could hang out in a towel, and that'd be perfectly fine by him. Actually, he'd be a lot more fine with them both hanging out without clothes and general, and somewhere in the vicinity of Kali's bedroom, but beggars can't be choosers--and strays off of the street most certainly could not be choosers.

Nonetheless, it was about time he checked the box for some clothes. That box . . . that box . . . oh, there it was. Recheov turned to it and knelt down next to it, not too concerned about modesty. It was arbitrary, something he adhered to only for the sake of other people and protection from the elements. He sifted through, finding things that weren't really his size. Oh well.

"Yeah, couple'o things," he said to her as he pulled out a large sand-colored button down. He was going to be swimming in this thing.

So bizarre a concept, that. Recheov could see wearing something too small, and there were some things in here that were clearly too small. He himself was kind of a large guy, though--in a muscular sense, that is. He was tall and built to take damage. Whoever wore this shirt last had to be a monster. He plucked a pair of dark slacks out that were a little too small on him, which was fine. They probably wouldn't cut off circulation to his legs, nor would they hurt or anything--they'd just look skinny on him. Skinny jeans. He was okay with skinny jeans.

With a shrug of his shoulders, he moved to the bathroom to get dressed.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:10 pm 
Almost Famous

Noticing that she had forgotten to grab her own coffee, she popped up off the sofa and snatched it up, taking yet another minute to eye Recheov. Perhaps staying home could be more eventful then going out. She couldn’t hide the smile on her face that her thoughts made burst forth.

She sat again on the sofa curled up in the corner sipping her coffee as he dug through the box of random clothes. The sad truth was it was all articles of clothing that had been left at the bar one time or another, but god knows who....but Kali always washed it, folded it and placed it in the box just in case the owner came looking for it, or if someone else had an accident.

“How’s this for a deal then?” She smiled as she scooted herself more upright, still half dressed. “We’ll go eat, grab a few things and come back here. I’ll slide back into my pjs, you back into that towel, and I’ll cook us up some dinner later.” She winked and laughed at herself, sounded like a good time to her, really. Though, in the back of her mind she wondered when the day was said and done, would it be his time to leave? Would he want to head out, back to whatever it was he was doing? She hoped not, and was more then prepared to tell him this when she had to.

As he pulled the pants from the box she giggled like a little girl, half excited to see what he would look like in his make shift outfit. Seeing him head toward the bathroom, she swallowed down the gulp of coffee she had just taken...”Oh hey, I left some wash cloths and a towel in there in case you wanted to wash up.” Just in case, she wanted to be sure she was hospitable to her guest.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:14 am 

"Soun's good t'me," he gave her a thumbs up before heading into the bathroom.

If Recheov wasn't mistaken, he'd had a shower recently already. He couldn't remember when, but judging by his hair, he didn't think he really needed one right now. Besides, that would just delay the act of eating and potentially scoring another drink of whiskey. Whiskey went great with breakfast. Whiskey went great with women. Whiskey went great with more whiskey. Whiskey went great with everything.

In the bathroom, he pulled the towel off and set it to the side, unsure of where it was really supposed to go. It was dirty, right? Dirty clothes went . . . somewhere--whatever. He'd worry about that later. Without a second thought, he unbuttoned the shirt and pulled his arms through the sleeves--only to leave it unbuttoned. He didn't really like shirts. It was rightfully nice when he had the chance to just throw one on and act like it wasn't there. The pants were a little harder to get on, but he managed.

When he was out of the bathroom, he checked his temporary clothes. They weren't too bad. The shirt was clearly a couple sizes too large on him, masked only by the fact that he left it completely open--but the pants were okay. They hugged his legs, but not uncomfortably so. They were skinny, clinging to his legs and providing a vivid outline of his figure from the hips down. If this was efficient for the sake of wandering, he'd have worn this willingly.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:00 pm 
Almost Famous

She offered a thumbs up back at him and gulped down the rest of her coffee. Not that she needed the boost, not at all really, she was a naturally hyper person. With empty cup in hand she meandered to the kitchen and washed her cup, leaving it next to the coffee pot.

Coming around the corner she saw he had already finished dressing, and to her surprise, he didn’t look half bad. With a raised brow she simply offered him...”Hm.” Of course that was as she moved closer to him and then around him, giving him a full inspection. The shirt was massive on this frame, and the pants hugged his form appropriately....inappropriate...she smiled.

“Not to shabby at all.” With a smack to his rear she returned to his fore, grabbing her shirt and wiggling into it. “Hungry?” She held her hand out to him a large smile painted across her face. “We should get something to eat and get this day started, no?” She nodded toward the door, she was excited, and didn’t try to hide it really.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:41 pm 

He was a bit surprised--though not noticeably so--when Kali smacked him on the rear. Tempting as it was to get a hand on Kali's rear in return, Recheov refrained. Best not to spark bad blood here and get himself kicked out.

Gods . . . that was so weird. This conscience thing was really killing him. It was like it was making up for lost time with annoying overactivity. When did he even grow this conscience thing, anyways? Recheov couldn't recall exactly how long it'd been, but when he flicked his left ear with his thumb and determined the existence of an out of place red-jeweled earring, he remembered. It was around the time he got this. Recheov tried not to remember that day.

He'd have shoved his hands into his pockets if he had room to--but alas, he could, at best, only get half of his fingers in. That'd just have to work.

"Yeah, oI'm starvin'," Recheov declared with a characteristic grin.

He started out, to follow Kali's lead. It was time to get this day started.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:25 pm 
Almost Famous

The smells in the tavern were straight ridiculous. Every breakfast smell one could image was lingering, right down to the hot griddle itself. She grabbed hold of Recheovs’ hand and pulled him along with her. His hand was massive, warm and oddly enough; though battered and beaten, soft....She tossed a quick glance back to him....

“Morn-ing!” Her voice sang out as she turned the corner to see Keeper slopping food around like a pro. “That smells wonderful as always.” He turned and waved his spatula at her with a big grin on his face, taking a moment to eye the man still with her. “Mornin Sassy. Didja have a good night?” His attention turned back to the food, almost as if he didn’t want an honest answer, depending on what she had to say.

“A great night actually, I slept like a log.” She climbed up on a stool and patted the one beside her as she nodded toward Recheov. It didn’t take Keeper long to emerge with two plates of food. The one he sat before Kali had a couple scrambled egg whites, one slice of a dark brown toast, and one slice of bacon. The other he slid before Recheov, it was a much larger plate - two flapjacks, a few scrambled eggs with gravy atop them and a pile of bacon. “The sausage ain’t done yet” Keepers voice came across fatherly as he nodded toward Recheov, sliding also a double shot of whiskey.

“Nice Keep.” Kali shook her head in disapproval only to be meet with a glass of milk. “What’s this? No whisky for me?” The sarcasm dripped from her tongue as she began to giggle. “In all the years you been here Sassy, you ain’t never touched a drop....don’t reckon you’d start this morning.” She sprinkled a bit of salt on her egg whites...”You got that much right.”

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:05 pm 

Recheov stumbled along behind Kali, until they were finally in the tavern. Just before that, though, they were outside, and for that brief moment Recheov looked out into the desert wilderness beyond this town with a vague sense of acceptance. He was going to be out there again--sometime. Eventually . . .

Might as well enjoy the comforts of town while he could, though--right?

Once they were inside and Kali wasn't dragging him along anymore, Recheov rather lethargically made his way to sit by her. The smells were pretty grand in this place, definitely made him want some brand of delicious breakfast. It'd been so long, though, he couldn't remember exactly which smell meant which. He was having a hard time picking out the individual scents; it was a bit chaotic.

Soon enough, though, the beast of burden was set before him.

A mountainous breakfast and whiskey. Recheov could not recount a day that he had the opportunity to behold a breakfast quite this glorious before. He didn't know what to touch first. Maybe the eggs? Maybe the whiskey? The bacon or the flapjacks? Shit, this was a tough choice.

"'ey Keep, oI dunno if you're troyin' t'seduce me or not," Recheov called out to the man with intents to joke and compliment simultaneously. "But oI think y'just did."

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:20 pm 
Almost Famous

She nibbled on her toast as she eyed Recheov. He seemed a bit overwhelmed and in a way, it was cute. She laughed to herself and dug into her egg whites. They were, as always, delicious. She spoke little during the meal, only eating about half her food, if that.

A laugh escaped her lips as Keep turned around with a raised brow at Recheov. She knew his humor was harmless, and yet somewhere in her mind, she took note that Rech liked the food. “I’m glad you approve of the meal.” She reached over and patted his hand before taking a long drink of her milk.

“Thanks Keep!” She placed her elbow on the bar top and watched Recheov eat his food. She was in no hurry, but at the same time, was. In all honesty, she couldn’t wait to shop for him, then get back home. She felt a blush rush over her face at her own thoughts, she should be ashamed, but she wasn’t.

Last edited by Skylar on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:29 am 

"S'great," Recheov replied smilingly.

It'd actually been awhile since he had a good meal. He couldn't count the time since he'd eaten a meal quite like this. It'd have been nice to wake up to this daily . . .

Ah, well. I'll get over it.

"Yeah, Keep; thanks a ton."

He was content to go silent again, focusing strictly upon eating and nothing else. He paused half-way through to take a sip of his whiskey. He drew in a deep breath, a sigh of relief, and returned to his heaping breakfast--which was inevitably consumed with the utmost quickness.

The rest of the day roughly depended upon Kali. Recheov hadn't the slightest clue where the hell he was--only that it was somewhere in Xexoria, and that the food was pretty great in this tavern. Where to get clothes, where to get work, where to get anything other than booze--he hadn't the slightest clue.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:37 pm 
Almost Famous

“So, just a few doors down from Keeps here is a nice shop where we can get you some clothes.” She swivelled on her stool almost child like, a huge grin painted across her features. “At least a couple changes of clothes, and you can keep the ones you have on if you like them.” She offered him a half smile as she glanced him over again. His new look was growing on her.

“In all honesty, we can get everything we need there. So it can be a short day out if you want.” She glanced away for a moment, thinking about how shady her words probably came across. With a sporadic laugh, she cleared her thought and looked back at him.

“I already have food up at my place for a few meals, so I should be able to cook up something good for ya.” She wanted to ask him if he planned on staying, but she couldn’t bring herself to do it. She honestly didn’t wanna know when he wanted to leave. It’s not like he was a pet, something she could keep forever and ever if he didn’t really wanna stay.

Surely the look on her face told him her thoughts were not particularly cheery. She forced a smile and rested her elbow on the bar top, laying her cheek in her open palm. “Whenever you’re ready.”

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:39 am 

Recheov was finished eating rather quickly. He might have eaten yesterday, but he still felt like he was damn near starving to death. A few days of good eating would probably fix that, but he wasn't forcing this. To his knowledge, that could actually do significant damage to his body.

Without further hesitation, he slammed back the rest of his whiskey and released a sigh of relief. That was a good burn. It was the only burn he needed.

"oI'm ready anytoime," Recheov replied.

He spun a bit to face Kali, shrugging his shoulders. He didn't know if he'd keep these clothes or not. They were comfortable--so, hell, why not?

He was pretty sure that Kali said she was going to work today, though. At least a bit. But he couldn't be too sure. His memory wasn't the best, so there was a chance that he'd just made it up when he was thinking last night--thinking, rather than sleeping. Oh well. He wasn't going to ask about it. If she was going to ditch work to hang out with him, well . . . okay. Recheov wasn't going to complain.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:46 am 
Almost Famous

She clapped her hands together excited like and turned once more to Keeper. “Is there anything you need me to do before I go for the day Keep?” She had noticed that the tables were all ready for business, and the floor looked clean, which were the things she usually did when she came in early on her “day off”.

“Naw Sassy, I reckon we’ll do just fine withoutcha. You kids go have some fun.” Spoken like a true father. A massive smile stole her features as she hopped off the stool. “Thanks Keep, you’re the best!” Without a moment hesitation, she scooped Recheovs hand into hers and headed toward the door.

Once outside she would head to the next shop. There were no signs that it was open, or that anyone was even there, but she pushed the door open and headed in anyways. “Guess who!!!” An elderly lady, looking as old as the sand, came around the corner. “Sweet Kali, is that you!?”

“Yes ma’am. I brought a friend with me, we’re looking for mens clothing, and some boots if you gottem.” The old woman eyed Recheov for a moment and stepped toward him. She let out an inquisitive “Hm” And finally she spoke up a bit louder. “Ima have to measure you up boy, might tickle a lil.”

Kali giggled a bit but offered Recheov a reassuring nod.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next