Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Kataroe's Renaissance

A lush expanse of a potentially endless world, presumably paradise. Much of its infrastructure was damaged during the End, so much that its leadership has been brought into question.

Kataroe's Renaissance

Postby Mandaz on Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:41 pm

Mandaz: The city of angels was in horrible shape. A grey wasteland more fitting for hell than anything. The angels, once considered perfect beings, now resulted to either fear or violence to appease their ruler, who wanted only chaos. Barely any angels still had goodness in their hearts. Those who held it kept it locked away to survive in their troubled times. So when a poor beggar woman went trotting down the street in her torn rags and solemn visage, no one looked her in the eye. She was the widow of him. One of the unspoken thirteen. She was alone because she deserved it, brought it upon herself for loving such a thing despised by the gods. The downtrodden woman kept her orange eyes to her toes, watching them slip through the mud and waste that lined the city. Bumbling, stumbling, right into the lost soul. At first she flinched, worried about what sort of fiend might wrap his arms around her throat. “E-excuse me excuse me. I was watching the area around my feet and not my face.” She apologized strangely, but the colorful language was just her normal way of speaking.

kataroe_x: Kataroe was looking around, a little in awe that a place like this could exist so close to what was supposed to be paradise. He had no idea what this place was, had he accidentally stumbled into hell somehow? No, that was supposed to be on a different plane wasn't it? He shook his head a little as he walked, not paying much attention to his direction when someone bumped into him. He blinked a few times and looked at the figure. Pitiful was the only way to describe her, she resembled a beggar on earth, then again he wasn't sure that everyone didn't look like beggars here. It certainly seemed like a place where naught but the sort could exist. "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." He said, talking while she did, likely making it hard for her to understand him. "I'm a bit lost, I'm not quite sure where I am. I came from the other side of the gate." He said motioning back toward the field he had crossed to get here. "I was under the impression this was supposed to be heaven, but this certainly doesn't look like it."

Mandaz: “The gate? The gate? You mean you’re a human soul. Oh oh poor soul. Don’t tell me they’re spilling out of Valhalla.” The woman reached out to the soul, slowly pulling him into an embrace. She held him close and wept; he’d feel her tears on hic cheek as she held him. “Oh you poor spirit. This is indeed a place called Heaven. Though it is no longer paradise, nor is it home to the gods, or even to the light. The light died long ago.” She released him from the embrace, sniffling a bit as she did so. “If you were pure enough to gain access to your paradise, I suggest you turn back. Why would you ever leave? Don’t tell me this taint has spread to the good souls as well? Oh please oh please let there still be a sliver of goodness in heaven.”

kataroe_x: Kataroe was unsure how to react at first, the woman was crying and talking about things he didnt' quite understand. No gods? No light? Had he really been shielded that much from the events of the worlds while in 'paradise'? "No, there is no taint there, I just left because I found the gate. I wanted to see what was on the other side. I was hoping maybe suddenly it would all end and I would fall back to earth, maybe wake up and not actually be dead. That would be nice." He said, what memories he had left replaying in his head. Dragons, magic, sword fights, evil henchmen, demons...everything that made Utopia Utopia. "I don't suppose there is a place like that...where one can go back to earth?" He asked a little hesitantly, no sense in getting his hopes up to only have them crushed.

Mandaz: “Love; poor soul, please, come with me. Away from all this destruction. If the others found you they’d destroy you for sure. They make sport of destroying lives and unlives. This way, down this alley.” She led him towards the cracks between two crumbling buildings, to a dark alleyway littered with rubble and waste. The woman moved quickly, seemingly afraid of these ‘others’ she spoke of and what they would do. Once deep enough down the alley for her to be satisfied, the beggar woman fell to her knees and rested, holding a small ball of light in her hand to illuminate her face along with some of the surroundings. It was a weak light, flickering and dying, and just looking upon it made her face drop. “Why return to your world, little soul? Your life has finished, the world doesn’t need you anymore. You should rest in your paradise; you should not be weighed down with worry-worry.” She stared up at him with big, sad, orange eyes, as if trying to read his mind and find out why. Why anyone would want to leave paradise for hell. Why he was even here. “Your paradise is the only safe place for you.”

kataroe_x: Kataroe followed her. He was in a new place, he was dead, and she seemed very scared of everyone else. Normally it would have taken something very big to have scared Kataroe and even then he would have been unlikely to run, afterall if it's something big or obscenely powerful it's likely to catch you and kill you anyway. Here it was a different story, he wasn't exactly sure what sort of damage could be done to him. He wasn't sure if souls could actually be destroyed or if he would just be tortured for eternity. He was also quite sure that just being a soul he had no real power to speak of here and would be more vulnerable than this woman that was dragging him down an alley. "Maybe I'm not done with the world..." He said at first, looking pensive. "I had friends, or combat buddies at the least. I was in love I think..." He shook his head. "The world is exciting." He nodded at this, recalling a brawl that took place inside and just outside of a bar, his eyes sparkled in his nostalgia.

Mandaz: “Such determination” she lamented. “You were taken too early, weren’t you? An unsatisfied soul that Death still passed on. Death. He is not cold. He is not warm. He is indifferent, a lost soul like you.” She seemed to be thinking now. Or at least listening to the soul recollect his memories of the world he knew. For someone to reject paradise like he did, he must have really been taken before his time. “Such beautiful thoughts and emotions. It’s all so sad. I loved once as well. Heartache consumes even the liveliest of angels. I worry about you, soul. Your life in your beloved world is gone. Even if I were to point you towards the gate to that torn land, you would be just a whisper in the wind. A traveling spirit, most likely gobbled up by the soul eating monsters that traverse that realm. It’s too dangerous for you to return, sweet soul, exquisite soul. Your tangible body must be long rotten and food for the flowers.”

kataroe_x: Kataroe almost slumped down as she told him the news. He knew his hopes were going to be crushed. He knew there was no real way to return to his life, or to even start a new one. Then something that happened, that hadn't happened since he got here. Anger, boiled to the surface, likely brought on by entirely too much frustration with this plane and longing to return to where he considered home. His jaw went rigid, his brow creased, his hands clenched, and there was fire in his eyes. Not some little glimmer of happiness as he tried to keep himself sane with happy little memories, fire, flames, hatred. He raised his fist and slammed it into the ground, unsure of just how much good it was going to do him, maybe it would cause him pain, something he hadn't actually felt in his time here. "I don't care if there are soul eating creatures, I don't care if I have to possess a corpse, I would settle for being eaten. Atleast then I could say I tried, maybe tried and failed but did my damndest all the same."

Mandaz: “No no, please!” The angel threw herself at Kataroe’s feet, raising a hand to gently cover his fist. “No more anger. My heart can no longer take this hate filled world.” Her voiced wavered as if she were ready to cry again, shaking a bit as she held onto the soul. “Souls that are tainted with anger become something much darker, much more sinister. Please, good soul, calm yourself. That is why you were given paradise. If you were to fall to such evil emotions, your soul will continue to rot away, inside and out, making you one of the horrid soul eaters that destroy other pure souls. I cannot allow that to happen to such a soul. You’ve felt love before, I’m sure your love only wants you to be in peace. To rest. Please calm down.” The tattered angel pleaded with Kataroe, trying to reason with him though anger and hate were growing inside of him. “What if…what if…I could help you?”

kataroe_x: Kataroe seethed, he didn't want to stay here, he was tired of being told he should stay here. He was ready at this point to just scream and tear his hair out. What had made him so good as to come here anyway? He had stopped paying attention to the woman until her last sentence. He took in a deep breath, catching onto the fact that he was upsetting her. "How?" He asked simply. The anger was beginning to die down now. "How, how can you help me? What do I have to do?" He asked, he was excited now, positive emotions again. If here were to look back on these events he would likely have considered himself bipolar, probably starting to verge on insanity. Now wasn't the time for thinking such things though. This beggar angel woman was offering to help him get back to his world.

Mandaz: She calmed down as he did, almost empathetic with him, despite knowing him for only a few brief moments, she continued to lay at his feet though, holding her hand on his hand, frightened foe the anger he felt on the inside, and mow much more angry he would be if she couldn’t help him. “I-I’m a muse. An inspirer! A creator at times. It’s been so long, since I’ve whispered into any painter’s ear, or sung music, or even sat and watched the sun. I’m sick, dear soul, and I may be dying, but I can try to create again. To create once more to help you, I can create you a body. Though not the one you had. No, that one is dead. Flowers now. A new form, but you will still be attached to this realm. No longer human, I can give you the body of an angel. As an angel, you may fall to the land you once loved. But you will look different, and your soul may be damaged, I cannot even guarantee I can salvage your already scattered memory. You will be different, different in so many ways, you may forget all about who you once were as a human.”

kataroe_x: Kataroe thought for a moment. The way the angel talked she would have to die to create him a new body, or there was a possibility of it. He had heard of muses, responsible for great works of art and other feets of ingeniuty. He thought for a moment what if she were to die during the process, would he be able to live with that? A simple answer came to him, if he had a choice, he would die in combat, fighting some glorius battle, doing what he left, what he felt he was meant to do. If she was a muse then creating was what she enjoyed, what she would love doing? "I'll take my chances. I was never partial to my looks anyway and if it means that I get to return and not have to remember this place then all the better. I haven't a clue how long I have been dead, for all I know, everyone that I knew could already be dead, I'm stil willing to take that chance." He said with a nod. He wasn't sure what she meant by his sould could be damaged but then again he wasn't sure he wanted to know, and you shouldn't ask questions you don't really want to know the answers to. "You said the body of an angel, does that mean I'll have big fluffy angels wings?"

Mandaz: The muse couldn’t help but smile at his question. She knew that humans often fantasized about having wings or flying, and that some of the most poetic verses she had ever read came from the curiosity of what her fellow angels took for granted each day. Their gods had gifted them with wings, but the humans had free will. Was it an even trade? “If you wish it, then they will be” she sung. “But know this, with the angel’s body comes the angel’s leash. Should Battle return to power, or any of the gods for that matter, you will be of service to them. You will not die a mortal death, you will only be returned to where you were reborn. Guasa. City of angels. This very alley. However you can still be obliterated from existence by those more powerful than you are, so do not take immortality so lightly.” She pressed her hand against his chest, Kataroe would feel a great pressure there, as if she were trying to reach inside of him. “You still have time to change your mind”<e>

kataroe_x: Kataroe wasn't quite sure if he would like having wings but that wasn't going to stop him from turning down the oppurtunity to return to earth. That would mean he would have to learn to fly though, that was a given. What was the use of having wings if you couldn't use them to fly? Being in service to a god didn't sound to bad, no different than being hired by an employer in his mind. Just instead of not getting paid for not following their rules,they wiped you out of existance. Not being able to die a mortal death was a nice thought as well, afterall that was how he ended up here in the first place. He felt the pressure against his chest and had to restrain himself from groaning. She hadn't even started and there was already enough pressure to make him extremely uncomfortable. He hoped that the process wouldn't take long or that it wouldn't be much worse than this, either would do, but given the choice between excruciating pain for even an extended period of time, or not returning to earth, he would take the pain. "No, my minds made up. I'm ready." He said firmly, nodding affirmatively.<e>

Mandaz: She’d press harder; a feeling would consume him, as if the vagabond angel was close to breaking his sternum. He’d feel pain, something that he shouldn’t have felt for a long time since his death. Still she’d keep pressing, and the pain and pressure would only intensify. The muse sat closer to him, leaning her head to Kataroe’s ear. The muse spoke to him, it was very important that he listen. “I want you to focus on what good you remember. What makes your soul yearn so much for the human land? What you enjoyed, what you loved. What about your life, afterlife, and new life are the most important to you? Focus on these things, never forget them, and tell me your name, poor soul.” After Kataroe did as she requested, he’d feel the worst of it. A white hot fire consuming him, pain in every inch of his soul. The muse herself began to cry again, embracing him with her other arm, but Kataroe would not feel this. He could scream if his wished, he could thrash, he could wail, he could pass out, but the muse would not stop, and eventually his soul would feel heavy again. His body would feel heavy again. It wouldn’t move for him at first, but soon, as he recovered from the intense agony, he’d be able to draw air into his lungs. The first breath of new life.

kataroe_x: He groaned, if he had a sternum he was sure it would have been crushed by now. He closed his eyes letting the now unfamiliar sensation fill him. Pain was something that he hadn't felt in quite a long time. He could hear her talking but was having trouble actually making out her words. He heard a few of the words but was having a hard time following her directions, organizing his thoughts, sifting through the memories. Random flashes were firing in his mind, still frames of battles, acquaintances he hadn't seen in a while; Guile, Rezubian. The demon he had fallen in love with while he was still alive, Mann. The mention of his afterlife brought some of the negative feelings to the top again. The frustration and depression at being trapped in heaven, the anger at being taken from life early. "Kataroe" He said and almost instantly became engulfed in pain, he couldn't be sure if his senses were dulled or if they were simply returning, he wanted to scream, he probably was even but he couldn't hear it, the pain seemed to be robbing him of his senses. His spirit jerked and twitched in the embrace and then stopped. He could feel it, his senses returning, he could feel actual weight to his body, he could suddenly feel the air on bare skin. He struggled for a moment, he wasn't breathing, he could feel his chest burning and then he took a breath, the air smelled unclean, but it had a scent. Something he hadn't experienced in his time here, an actual scent. His eyes opened revealing the newly formed silver orbs with neon blue embedded in them. He had trouble moving, mostly kind of flailing uselessly. He could tell he was nude and that his hair was now a different color. Instead of silver hanging in his face it was now white. He could feel the wings on his back, looking to his side he could see they were mostly white but began fading into black about halfway down the feathery appendages. His body was still built small, lacking any great muscle definition, and not standing at any towering height. He opened his mouth to speak but was unsure of what to say so instead he closed his mouth and blinked.

Mandaz: It would take Kataroe some time to get used to his body. Something as simple as moving his arms would take concentration at first. Like a person waking from a coma, the body wouldn’t just immediately respond to moving. The muse slumped down Kataroe’s naked body, breathing heavily, shivering a bit. It had been so long since she had ever created something on such a grand scale. She had just constructed a fully functional body from nothing but a soul; it made her already drained body weak and tired. She laid her head on his chest, smiling in satisfaction as she heard his heart thump beneath the flesh and bone. His body was different, his mind was scattered, but she hoped this new life would do well in the world, as all mothers wished for their children. The muse could be considered Kataroe’s mother now, after all she did bless him with life. “Rest up…rest up” she said through her heavy breaths, recovering herself from the stress and pain of her labor. “New life, my son, do you still remember your past name?”

kataroe_x: Kataroe almost had to remind himself to breath, as though his body hadn't gotten used to the idea. He could feel his heart beating within his chest. He smiled, or he thought he did. He wasn't sure not being able to see his own face but he was happy none the less. His eyes hurt, this being the first time they had been used it was going to take them a while to adjust. He could smell, something that he hadn't been able to do previously as he didn't breath while a spirit. It smelled unclean here but he relished in the sensation all the same. He tried to move his arm but it didn't really respond at first. He had to focus on trying to move it. He managed to rais his arm up, placing his hand in front of his face. He tried make a fist with his hand, closing one finger at a time until it was complete. He dropped his arm back down, the blurry limb disappearing from his sight as he stared up into the sky. He heard the woman, his mother, would that be the appropriate term? She had created a new body for him, so she had created him in his present state. He thought for a moment about the question. His name, why wouldn't he remember his name. Then he realized that it didn't come to him right away, he had to search for it. He had to sift through the chaos swirling in his mind and then it came to him like a whisper. "kuh...tar...oh..." Speaking was a chore, he had to sound out his own name. "Kataroe" He said a second time, less spaced out but still spoken slowly.

Mandaz: “You remembered. I’m so happy.” The angel cooed, still too weak herself to do much moving. He would notice that she was covered in a cold sweat as she laid on him. It must have been a strange sight, a poor beggar angel resting on a more physically adept male, neither of them really able to move well. “Kataroe, it’s a good name.” She smiled “Don’t over exert yourself, but try to wake your body up. Bit by bit, just like with your fist. You’re doing so well….f-forgive me for not being more helpful…my own body isn’t used to such stress…”<e>

kataroe_x: He smiled, he could feel his facial muscles moving, or rather he forced them to move, when she complimented his name. He realized now that he could feel her on top of him, a cold sweat on her. He curled his hands up into fists on the ground, repeating it over and over. Each time he could feel them rolling tighter and tighter. "It's..okay." He said slowly, as she apologized. "You...did..good all...ready." Now he tried wiggling his toes, forcing each one to move back and forth. He wasn't sure what would constitute as over exertion but he was in a hurry to move. He wanted to escape this place and get back to earth. After he established that he could move his toes he began rotating his feet, or trying to. At first they sort of just twitched, then they slowly began to rotate fluidly.

Mandaz: The muse could feel his slight twitch of muscles, knowing that he was heeding her advice and trying to gain control of the body. It would at first be slow and sloppy, like a newborn first grasping its motor skills. Unlike a newborn, however, Kataroe would retain the basic knowledge of how everything was supposed to work. Going by a frame of reference would make the process go much quicker, but probably not as quick as Kataroe would have liked. He had to learn to crawl before he could walk, and the muse’s dead weight wouldn’t help him much. She pushed herself up, using the last bit of her strength to roll off of his chest and to his side where she would curl up into the dirt and continue to catch her breath. Now that she was off of him the new angel would be able to see his new body in full, and the nakedness of it all. Across the alleyway sat a previously unimportant shattered mirror what would give Kataroe a view of his face and everything else he wished to look upon but he would have to push himself closer to it to see anything.

kataroe_x: He could feel the angel roll off of him and he determined at that moment he was going to roll over onto his stomache. His vision was beginning to become clearer now. He made several attempts at rolling over, managing to get a shoulder off of the ground before slumping back down. Finaly he managed to roll over onto his stomache. He nearly knocked the breath out of himself, he hadn't thought about tightening his stomache before he rolled. He looked at her curled up, he was worried about her, unsure if the task had been to much for her or if she would recover. Then curiosity struck him, he could see the mirror. He knew he couldn't walk yet but he wanted to see what he looked like. He had to concentrate to get his arms to move but he did, using his elbows to crawl along the ground. He also began moving his legs, his knees assisting in propelling him forward. He made it to the mirror, gazing upon his new face. It was different, or so he assumed, at the moment he couldn't quite recall his old face. He knew his hair was different, it was white now, it had been a light color before but not white. He used his arms now to push himself up, his elbows almost buckling a few times as he tried to push himself off the ground. He moved one leg at a time, slowly shifting them forward before he attempted to sit upright. He fell backwards in his attempt but managed to push himself up from the supine position. He reached forward and touched the broken mirror, gently closing his fingers around it and raising it up.

Mandaz: “Careful careful!” coughed the muse, concerned for the well being of the new body, the son she never had. Had she the strength she would be coddling him, helping to keep him steady should he stumble. But she was weak and kept to her fetal position on the ground. Kataroe needed to learn some things on his own, he had to become comfortable in his new body. It would be with him for all eternity, after all. “Do you like it?” the muse would ask as Kataroe gazed upon his face in the mirror. “Who you are, does it match who you want to be? I think you look beautiful, my son, though your feathers are a bit tarnished. It matters not; you’re a gorgeous new life.” She smiled contently as she closed her eyes, still heaving and sweating from her sore condition.

kataroe_x: Kataroe looked upon his face, his hair. That was something noteable, it was white now instead of silver. He could remember that. He liked it though, it was new, he thought it fit. He ran his free hand over his face and smiled. He dropped the broken mirror as he squeezed to hard on it. He stared at the lightly bleeding finger for a moment before bringing it to his lips and sucking on it instinctively. "It matches who I am..." He said picking up the mirror again. It took him a moment but he did manage to flex a wing to get a better view of it. "They aren't tarnished, they are me." He said with a smile, reaching toward the feathered appendage and touching it. He tried to raise himself to his feet, moving slowly, concentrating on one movement at a time. He nearly managed but fell forward onto his hands and knees. "Now if only I could stand up..." He said with a groan as he tried to shift his legs beneath him again.

Mandaz: “Standing. Sitting-“ the muse stopped speaking for a moment, catching her breath, she didn’t seem to be recovering her strength as fast as Kataroe’s was growing. “Laying…resting. Soon you’ll be running. You’re a strong child.” She nuzzled her nose in the dirt, idly dragging her finger in the dust, creating nonsensical designs and drawings. Kataroe would become more comfortable with his body the more he used it and moved. Soon he’d be able to stretch and stand as long as he used the wall for support. He’d feel the weight of his new appendages on his back, throwing his balance off. It would take a while for him to get used to the heavy wings, but soon Kataroe would gather the strength and balance to put one foot in front of the other without toppling over.

kataroe_x: Kataroe stretched out his hand for the wall, shuffling his knees through the dirt to move closer. He felt the stone beneath his fingers and he put his weight against it as he pushed up with his feet. He was upright, pushed against the wall yes but still he was standing. He felt that was an accomplishment. That was when he looked to the Muse, his new mother. "Something wrong?" He asked as he watched her. He was breathing hard, just from standing? Maybe from the concentration it took for him to actaully make it to his feet. He widened his stance shuffling his feet forward slowly, staying bent over slowly to keep his wings from dragging him onto his back. "Are you okay?"

Mandaz: “Very very very very very very tired. This body. My body. It hasn’t created life in so long. Not since my daughter, but I had help then. No help now. Not anyone by my side anymore. I barely have enough life to sustain myself, but helping you was a worthy cause. Very worthy cause.” The muse rolled onto her back, looking up to Kataroe with half open eyes, extending her hands towards him. “These eyes have longed to see new life. A good life. You’ve made me very happy. Very very very very happy.”

kataroe_x: He nearly fell on his face as he moved toward her but he managed to slide a foot forward and catch himself. He looked at her a little confused. "You have to rest, rest and get your strength back." He said with a smile. He stroked her cheek, felt her hair. He flexed his wings a little awkwardly, first one and then the other. "Just rest and you'll be fine." He said with a nod, shifting his weight backward and moving into a sitting position. He seemed to be constantly moving something from each part of his body. He was having to adjust to the completely new appendages which were still very clumsy, but even while sitting he seemed to be constantly flexing his hands and moving his toes. He wondered how long he would hae to stay here now. He could just now stand with the help of a wall, how long he would have to stay here now. He could just now stand with the help of a wall, how long would it be before he could walk, before he could fall back to the world he knew

Mandaz: “My son….do you mind…if I call you my son? I’d like to think of you as my son…such a kind soul, a sweet soul.” She placed her own hands on Kataroe’s face, smiling contently, proud of her creation, her son. “Rest. Rest is all I need. That’s right…I wish I was more comfortable. Such a rough…jagged place for your mother to lie. But it’s all we have now. My home was burned down a very long time ago.” There was a look of sadness to her face, hiding behind the sweat and fatigue. The woman dropped her hands onto Kataroe’s shoulders, resting them there. “I lost everything…a very long time ago…but you have your whole life ahead of you…”

kataroe_x: Kataroe stretched his wings out and tried to flap them, it resulted in some clumsy twitching. He sighed a little and tried pushing himself up to his feet again. He managed to get to his feet before tumbling backwards, pulled down by the heavy appendages. He grumbled and hit the ground, scraping some dirt in his hand, raising his fist and letting the dirt sift through his fingers."Why was your home burned down?" He asked as he stared up at the sky. "Why would someone do that?" He asked a bit confused as to why someone would want to burn down such a nice beings home. "Why would someone want to burn down mother's home?"

Mandaz: It made her heart warm to be called mother again, but she held back tears while memories of her home in flames came back to her. “It can’t be helped. Destruction is an art in our world. It’s a backwards place, full of mislead people. Angels all harbor hatred and fear of me. Even my own daughter is ashamed of her mother.” The muse’s lower lip quivered as she recalled memories, lonely and tired, sitting in an old alleyway. Confessing these things was almost like a realization for her, to know that this truly was the end of her rope, that all hope was abandoned and that she was truly alone. Once Kataroe left, she’d have nothing again, wandering the ruined streets of heaven until the end of her days. “When you go... When you leave. I only ask one favor. If you could. If you ever come across my daughter. Please make sure she is safe. Tell her that her mother misses her. Tell her she doesn’t have to come home. There’s nothing for anyone in heaven, anymore.”

kataroe_x: Kataroe blinked. He remembered quite well that on earth it was creation that was art not destruction. Not that destruction wasn't fun on occassion. "I'm sorry you have to live like this..." He said leaning forward now, sitting again before shifting his legs beneath him again and trying to stand. He managed to stumble around and made his way to the wall again, putting his weight against the wall. "You could come to earth with me...make sure of it yourself..." Kataroe pushed himself from the wall and managed to stand on his own as he looked at her. "Who is she, how would I know her?" He asked as he raised one foot and put it forward, he wobbled as he did it but raised the other and put it down infront of him slowly.

Mandaz: “You’re doing so well…so well…” She was happy, very happy at his progress. It seemed to make her forget her troubles temporarily. “I cannot go to the human realm. It’s my place here. This is my home. No matter how much it shuns me. I was created here; I’ve done good things here. I belong in heaven.” She seemed very adamant on staying, despite the horrible conditions in which she lived. “She’s a beautiful girl, has such a vibrant soul. You remind me of her, in your determination. She’s got her father’s looks all around, another way she has distanced herself from me…” she paused for a moment, choking back a sigh. “But she has a good heart…she calls herself Everett, by wonderful daughter. It’s been nearly five years now…if she didn’t survive the end…I don’t know what I’d do…”

kataroe_x: Kataroe took yet another wobbling step, and another. "Everett..." He said slowly, remembering the name. "Who is her father?" He asked, realizing suddenly that he was probably causing her to recall painful memories now. She hadn't answered him as to where he could find her, perhaps because she didn't know? She sounded as if she didn't even know if she was alive or not. Kataroe frowned at her words. "The end? What do you mean the end?" He asked obviously confused. He had died before anything traumatic had happened on earth, and perhaps paradise had shielded him the goings on of earth. "Did something happen?"

Mandaz: “Her father…” The muse rolled onto her side again, facing away from Kataroe, silently recalling so many memories it hurt her mind. “You’d have to know the lore of heaven; it’s your history now that you’re an angel.” She didn’t elaborate, hinting that it was something he’d have to search for on his own when the time is right. “But that can be put off until later, for now you must gain your strength. Find some food. And clothes. The human world is in a horrible condition. The land was ravaged by an apocalyptic nightmare, many humans have died, but Death…and Battle…and Sentinel…our gods…no where to be found…this universe is far from saved. You’re going to be entering a very unsettling environment.”
Mandaz
Delicious Retard

Re: Kataroe's Renaissance

Postby Major Tom on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:58 pm

Kataroe blinked, what she had said was unsettling. He had never kept up with the god's really but their abscence didn't sound good. Nor did the phrase 'apocalyptic nightmare' it certainly didn't conjure images of little bunnies and rainbows. He chose not to address that particular issue for now. Perhaps it was better he waited. Preparation would likely only depress him. "Where can I find food and clothes?" He asked now realizing suddenly that he was nude and hungry both. He wondered how long it would take him to start freezing to death and his stomache to start protesting its emptiness. "This place doesn't exactly seem...friendly." He said as he tried to crouch down next to her which resulted in him collapsing rather quickly to his knees.
Major Tom
Badminton Enthusiast

Return to Heaven - Over Side