Post subject: Re: FUCKING WOOD.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 am 
Better than Nate

Yeah, you let him do that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:35 am 
Brainmongler

Sage wrote:
Yes, well, in any event. I stand by it, I suppose. Wouldn't have let anyone else destroy them, especially not in a fight I'm involved in. xD And while I don't remember everything exactly right, nor do I have it backed up, I DO have the mythos as they were at the time, and it says the trees that hold up Darkwatch cannot be burned or hurt...unless it was a god attempting just that or something. /shrug I did, however, let you make a crater, destroy the other trees/bushes/plants and beat Sarah and all her alcohol-filled clones. ^^;

Actually, it was an eight prep attack that did it. I remember pretty clearly having Ven dodge, block, and take hits for eight posts, before unleashing total death on everything. I, incidentally, put more work into obliterating everything in an Algerothian arena than anyone else ever has or ever will in the future. That's why I was so pissed off about your refusal for the trees to take even the tiniest bit of damage.

That whole mess was not your proudest moment, man.

Profile YIM  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:15 pm 
Almost Famous

Yes, I let him. I believe I did offer to let him scar/remove bark before he ever called whoever in, he just wanted complete destruction. And Nate...countless wars in that exact same area with non-mild powers characters...and yea...still there. I realize you might not have been as much my buddy then, but if it were to happen all over again, I'd still play Sarah with as little vigor, and I'd still defend my trees as fiercely. >>;

Profile YIM  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:25 pm 
Better than Nate

You seem to be implying that you let him win, which is why I commented. Read your previous post, before mine. Also, I'm still pretty sure I was called in to judge the fight before you ever let any damage occur. And it isn't like Nate didn't prep for total destruction, he did. This is where the issue stems from, the situation could've been handled better, blessed trees of faggotry, or not.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:29 pm 
Almost Famous

No one ever said anything about winning. o o; He did beat Sarah, the whole problem was that yes, he wanted to have destroyed my blessed trees of faggotry, and I wasn't going to let that happen. Had no idea that was even his intention until it was already happened, or I would have fought harder, or picked someone a little more capable than my librarian.

Profile YIM  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:34 pm 
Better than Nate

Misunderstanding is happening. I'm talking about when you said:

Quote:
I did, however, let you make a crater, destroy the other trees/bushes/plants and beat Sarah and all her alcohol-filled clones. ^^;

Which can be taken as letting him win, probably just weird wording, though. Or I took it too literally. Regardless, even if you had picked something harder, if you let him get in eight posts for preparation, they would've been fucked, too. Especially considering Ven's stats at the time were pumped up, with the exception being vitality, from what I remember.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:41 pm 
Almost Famous

Yea, that was my fault on the wording. And I still maintain that I don't remember him dedicating any 8 posts to the attack. And regardless of the trees, really, I made the arenas in places like the area beneath the Tavern, in the castle courtyard, and beneath Darkwatch so that people could fight in those areas without causing any permanent damage. The trees DO hold up Darkwatch, and I didn't have them indestructible since I was 8 so that Nate could destroy them in a scheduled duel inside a protective death-barrier, no. Again, no regrets about my gross overreaction, which is why I defend myself now, and having to look at this terrible, terrible Flames background. > <;

Profile YIM  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:07 pm 
Brainmongler

They could've been magically respawned after the fact. That would've been fine.

There were better ways to handle that without temporarily pissing people off. You could've handled it in a way to make everyone happy in the end. You instead chose to not budge and piss people off. S'that simple, brosephina.

For future reference, you should probably never talk about this again. It was just such a stupid moment in roleplay history that conversations about it tend to get violent, even for people that weren't involved with it.

Profile YIM  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:28 pm 
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

I regret asking what happened with every fibre of my being.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:12 am 
Brainmongler

littlebean wrote:
I regret asking what happened with every fibre of my being.

You should, yes.

Profile YIM  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:27 pm 
Broseiden: God of the Brocean

See, what you have to understand is that Nate mostly makes two kinds of PCs: weak little girls who are utterly useless in fights, and power characters who he insists will beat anybody in a plot. He gets very upset when you suggest the former do something productive or the latter fail to do anything short of completely destroy the opposition.

Even if said opposition is magically protected trees.

Signature by Nate-o

Profile YIM  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:39 pm 
Brainmongler

Zach Kaiser wrote:
See, what you have to understand is that Nate mostly makes two kinds of PCs: weak little girls who are utterly useless in fights, and power characters who he insists will beat anybody in a plot. He gets very upset when you suggest the former do something productive or the latter fail to do anything short of completely destroy the opposition.

I originally considered arguing that and using Daniel as my standing evidence against your claim . . .

. . .

But then I remembered that Daniel is also about as useless as a weak little girl

Profile YIM  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:40 am 
Almost Famous

Zach Kaiser wrote:

Profile YIM  

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3