Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Finally Home?

A land located on the far south peninsula of the Western Continent. It was only moderately effected by the End, with loss of land on its eastern and western shores. The oriental nation has suffered through strife and chaos for years, and because of the revolutionary government that toppled the previous Shogun, Cizok managed to last through those hellish months.

Finally Home?

Postby Shin on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:04 pm

How long had it been he wondered, gazing down on his homeland. No, it wasn't his homeland any longer. The Cizok people were a strong and noble people, a people that dedicated themselves to something a people with honor. Shin was none of these things, he was not Cizokian. He was a man that had switched his allegiances in the blink of an eye. For money and for power. The once noble-blooded Shiden was no more, he no longer carried the famed Shiden Blade or the title as the Tenken. He was truly a Ronin with no ties to his past, not even in appearance. His once lusterous blue hair was now silver in hue and had been cut to ear length. It would not be easy to recognize the man who was once the son of one of the most famous swordsmen in all the land.

He no longer wore the customary robes of Cizok, instead he wore a tan tunic and brown breeches with simple boots. A bokken was looped through his belt on the left side of his hip rather then the traditional katana. Shin Shiden was not the same man he was nearly nine years ago when he was chased from Cizok, a smile played its way across his face as the memorys came rushing back to him. How foolish and arogant he had been.

With the click of his tongue he sent his steed forward in a slow trot. He could only assume how recent events had effected Cizok, he didn't know what sights awaited him or what to expect.
..strive to be like water....
A list of all of my characters on Dystopia.
Shin
Almost Famous

Re: Finally Home?

Postby marvel. on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:35 pm

The mornings of Cizok were unrivaled and unmatched in any other region of Dystopia, the sun rose an approximate distance from the horizon and bathed the luscious lands in golden rays. The sunlight that cracked through Cizok's village window panes and trees only further exemplified the view, and outlook of her towns. Cizok, much like every other region in Dystopia, had fallen solemn to the judgment and fate that came not too long ago. However, unlike her adjacent neighbors, and those across the seas, Cizok had managed to retain an optimistic outlook.

They had to, unless they accept to be swallowed down the throat of the beast.

It was early morning, the sun only just beginning to expand it's dominance over the receding moon, filling the planet with a beautiful, lush look. Cizok's people had gone straight to work, continuing their daily routines, and maintaining an ambiance of a "normal" system. The police force of Cizok had also continued their standard, as usual, patroling the grounds, and keeping a balance to their world.

It was on this morning a man in a standard Cizokian attire stumbled upon a stranger, he quickly acted.

“You,” he exclaimed, one hand resting uncomfortably ready over the handle of his katana. “Trespasser! These parts are off limits. The owners of this land would have your head,” now surely, had the lawman known this trespasser was the son of the great Cizokian lore he may have approached him differently. Had he also known that this man's father was the former owner of these lands, and therefore rightfully his, the soldier would have stepped down and left him be.

“What are you doing here?”

Unfortunately, that was not the case.

“I asked you a question,” he said again. “What are you doing here?!”
marvel.
Belligerent Beaver

Postby Shin on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:46 pm

Shin had been off in his own little world, admiring the beauty of the land around him, and had failed to see the approaching guard until he spoke. Had it been so long?

He gave a disarming smile and pulled his horse to top, raising both hands where they could be seen. A standard officer, he bore no rank of importance as far as Shin could tell.

"My pardons sir. I was not aware I was tresspassing. I have been riding for a very long time." He explained, carefully judging the police officer, how his hand stayed near the hilt of his Katana, how his stance was...how far he was away from Shin. Shin estimated that if he wanted he could get to the man and lay him low before his blade was even half-way from is scabbard, this brought a wider smile to his face.

"Perhaps you could point me in the right direction?"
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby marvel. on Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:10 am

The guard's hand was slightly shaky, but with a single reaffirming thought his hand stilled once more. He watched the trespasser, and how he spoke, how he moved atop his steed, and even the stallion itself, and the distance the two men were. He heard the man's words and nodded slightly, relaxing some.

“This is private territory, a family once owned this land. You want to head that way,” he pointed loosely toward the Southeast, nearest the rising of the sun. “A village by the name of Kyuto. It's only five minutes from here.”

The guard delivered a smile to the man, and then stretched a hand out, lowering his katana and rising to a normal stance. “What brings you so far out here, stranger?”
marvel.
Belligerent Beaver

Postby Shin on Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:22 am

Things had definatley changed, the calamity that struck the world may not have hit Cizok as hard but it had struck. He swung down from his mount, the wooden bokken on his left hip now visible to the guard, and extended his own hand. Obviously the guard though Shin to be an outsider or he would have bowed, best to keep him thinking that Shin thought.

"Because of recent events I am left without land or family. I simply seek a place to belong." While not the entire truth it wasn't far from the truth, Shin was seeking for a place to belong, he knew it wouldn't be back here in Cizok however.

"Kyuto you say? Sounds friendly enough." He began to walk in the direction the guard indicated, leading the horse as he walked.

"How long have you been serving your country?" He gestured towards the Katana on the mans hip as he spoke.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby marvel. on Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:43 pm

He had only extended his arm in an attempt to stop the man, as he had a change of heart and wanted to remedy what he may have done. The Guard calmed, and bowed before the man as he dismounted, presenting himself before him. It was customary to bow, but he did not dip his head all the way down, nor did he take his eyes off the stranger. He was no fool, but he would show customs where they were needed. The patrolman listened to the stranger's words and was saddened at how solemn he seemed.

“Kyuto, yes. They have wonderful hospitality, warm beds, hot water, and delicious food. You will be welcome there.”

Then the stranger asked about him; his weapon, and his service. He felt more than happy to delve into these subjects.

“Oh, excuse me. I am Hanzou Li, I have served Cizok since before the destruction came. I was three weeks out of the academy, actually.”

He had been so caught up in his explanation and story that he had not realized he was walking with the stranger now, heading in the direction of Kyuto.

“How about yourself? You carry a sword, too, I see,” he said calmly, pointing.
marvel.
Belligerent Beaver

Postby Shin on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:56 pm

Shin would bow back, as was custom. The guard seemed a noble enough man, one with honor and who no doubt served his country well. Shin was jealous. It was a chance he tossed away when he was eighteen, he wondered if he was still out lawed, he doubted it, especially after recent events.

"Pleasure to meet you Hanzou Li." Shin didnt know if he should give his real name, it could get him into trouble or at the very least, bring unwanted attention to himself. He thought best to avoid that.

"I am Azure and as far as this," He gestured towards the bokken on his hip. "I practice the art of kenjutsu." Shin explained as the two of them walk.

"But I dislike killing, I have seen to much blood shed, and so I carry this bokken." It was a simply enough reason, and not far from the truth.

"How about yourself, any stories of glory an honor you can share with a weathered traveler?"
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby marvel. on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:04 pm

“I'm afraid no stories for me, no,” he began, speaking with regret or disappointment. He'd yet to actually have to use his sword, and not once has he stained it with blood. “I've never killed anyway,” he finished, continuing the stroll with Azure, he called himself.

Hanzou wasn't an impeccable reader of character, or of a person's gestures both when verbal and when not, but he could tell the man was lying. He seemed harmless enough, though, in that regard. He just had a secret, and Hanzou couldn't fault him that. They all had their secrets, it's what kept people sane. And so he didn't delve further, and just said. “It's nice to meet you, Azure.”

They'd made it about halfway down the path to Kyuto when Hanzou's cheeks grew red with anxiousness. “How is it,” he asked, shifting his vision from Azure to the floor, embarrassed.

“How does it feel, taking another person's life?”
marvel.
Belligerent Beaver

Postby Shin on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:56 pm

That was a shame, Shin had always enjoyed listening to the stories of others. He could often depict what was true and what was not, but alas there would be no story.

So this man was novice to battle Shin thought to himself, except for his training in the academy, a training that Shin never under went. He wondered how different it was from his own training. When Hanzou asked his question he caught Shin a little by surprise. How did it feel?

"Well..." Shin wasn't sure what to say, a part of him loved it, wanted more. But there was Shins more dominant side, the side that demanded he only do it when need be. "... it is something that can not be taken lightly." He explained as they drew nearer to the town.

"When you are forced to end someones life, it is best not to feel. Simply act. I take no joy in it anymore." It probably wasn't the answer the guard was looking for, but it was all that Shin was willing to give. He wasn't about to explain that deep down inside he partially enjoyed it, enjoyed the power to kill when he wanted and anyone he wanted. That was the Tenkens way of thinking, a title he had not so long ago put behind him.

"Hopefully you will never have to make that choice. Now, which way to the inn?"
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby marvel. on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:29 pm

The stranger, Azure, began speaking, telling Hanzou of his experiences— but they didn't quite go like the guard had planned. He listened no less, observing this man's experiences, and absorbing into himself so they might, one day, be his stories, too. Hanzou was an optimistic man, a man full of hopes and dreams, and aspirations. Before he knew it, when Azure finished talking they'd ventured into the grounds of the small village.

And when he asked his question, Hanzou glanced up almost dumbfounded. We're here, already? he thought to himself before speaking.

“Oh, oh,” he glanced around, considered his thoughts and then pointed to the East. “Over there, the place should be relatively easy to find.”

Hanzou stopped walking, smiled at Azure and nodded to him reassuringly if he ever looked back, leaving the young guard behind.
marvel.
Belligerent Beaver

Postby Angel on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:27 am

A silver dragon appeared to be flying in the air she was growing tired as she eventually would just glide out of the sky itself. She had to find a place to land while in dragon form, hoping not to frighten or scare anyone. She would land in a large field where it would be that her transformation would begin to revert back to her mortal side.

A woman with white wings from her back glowing for a small time, she would be dressed in a gown of white and blue. The white portion would be upon the top part of her body while the back was cut out to allow her wings to remain. The blue portion would fall all the way to her ankles revealing white leather boots. Her ability to change forms was easy, but it was tiresome.

People might be aware or scared when the dragon appeared, but mystified that it would vanish to leave a woman behind in its wake. She just sat there tired unable to move at all.

“Hope no one tries to hurt me, I doubt I could fight back…”
Angel
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Shin on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:34 pm

A flying silver dragon was a hard thing to miss, especially one that dared to come so close to a populated area. Having had heard gasps and people pointing fingers to the sky Shin turned his attention to the heavens. To his suprise and almost immediate dread his azure orbs locked on to the form of a silver dragon.

"What in the nine hells.."

Shin watched as the thing lowered towards a large wheat field, he bolted in that direction. It was safe to say that Hanzou would be hard pressed to keep up as Shin exceeded speeds of eighty miles per hour, his feet barely seemed to touch the ground as he sped towards the creature.

He would arrive between the dragon and town not a moment after it transformed into some sort of angel thing. 'What the hell is it?' Shin had to ask himself. Hand resting on the wooden bokken on his side.

It looked like an angel, but moments ago was a dragon ... perhaps a shape-shifter, or powerful wizard? Shin went over the possibilities in his head. Whatever it was it had caused a comotion in Kyuto, and a dragon was something to put a kingdom on it's toes let alone a tiny village.

Shin didn't speak, but he was sure Hanzou would arrive soon, the man was a guard after all. Shin merely stood there stareing the angel-dragon thing down, making sure it didn't attempt to move towards town.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Angel on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:05 am

“So tired….” She would shake slightly where she sat being a little cold which showed by the fact she might be resistant to it, but she still got cold. She would wrap her wings about herself gently to stay warm as she stayed sitting on the ground. A man could be heard coming as she quickly turned to look at him. Fear was there in her eyes, not the wanting to do anything. She’d get up as tired as she was and begin backing away from the man. She was uncertain of what to do. Her being in dragon form probably caused this but it was the only way to travel long distances without getting so tired she’d drop out of the sky to her death.

“I didn’t do anything wrong….please let me be…” Her words came out soft spoken, but strong enough for the man to hear her. The way she started to walk backwards it was clear she was afraid of him. Her eyes though blood red even showed this fear. Her short white hair would just cascade in the wind while she tried to keep a distance between her and Shin.
Angel
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Shin on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:09 pm

A momemt after Shin arrived near the creature it was obvious to him that Hanzou was not following. Probably affraid, Shin told himself as he carefully studdied the things movement. It recoiled away, seemingly affraid, she also appeared tired Shin noted.

He relaxed his stance, standing straight with both arms crossed over his chest. "Who and What are you?" He started a slow walk to the left of her circling slowly much like how a shark circled itps prey. This, waa not his intent however, Shin just simply couldn't stand still at the moment and it was safe for him to assume he could catch nearly anything within a few yards of him.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Angel on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:59 pm

Aurora just moved back away from him again trying to keep her distance but tripped over a fallen log, which caused her to fall to the ground. An audible ouch could be heard from this as her fears only grew making her want to run from him. He frightened her deeply. “Aurora and I’m a draconian.” Her words were kept simple hoping that he would let her go if her answer sufficed. She’d place a right hand to her ankle, which probably twisted a little when she fell.

Her eyes kept following him as she wanted nothing more than for him to let her go and not keep her prisoner. This was how she felt with Shin circling her. The depth of her eyes even carried in them tears from the mix of fear and pain.
Angel
Badminton Enthusiast

Next

Return to Cizok.