Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Thrown from a Sunken Realm

What was left of the world was thrown into ruin and disrepair. It's up to the survivors to reestablish their nations or form new ones.

Re: Thrown from a Sunken Realm

Postby Shin on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:41 pm

"Thats good, if your memory is already coming back then maybe we wont need a wizard." He said cheerfully.

Arc would quickly finish his breakfast, pack up his gear and take one more walk around the area. He pulled out his journal and began writing various things in it, notes and detailing his map of the ruins. All in all about thirty minutes after waking up Arc would be ready to go.

"Alright, so we make our way to the town, and then see if we can barter passage on a ship south. If you remember anything on the way be sure to let me know, i've been writing down all the information you've told me."

He slid his book in a small flap, hoisted the large back pack over his shoulders and began walking. It would take a few days to walk to the town, but because of the near barren ground it wouldn't be very hard to know if they were going in the right direction.

"Apperantly, this used to be a very beautiful area...can hardly tell anymore." He gestured towards the landscape as he walked. "It really is a shame."
..strive to be like water....
A list of all of my characters on Dystopia.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Constantine on Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:09 pm

It had been a really, serious long walk. Granted, Mygen just didn't care...it was the fact there were no encounters with anyone! He still had all of his Killinghams intact, and no one to use it on. Sure, he could have blown a rabbit's head to smithereens but that...that was just a waste. Ever so cautious never to spend any, but always so eager to use his powers. Mygen came from a world of magics and what not, but was never able to use them. Something about his spirit...he didn't pay attention. Though someone liked him, and others like him because he had other abilities to make up for it. He eventually heard people talking in the distance. Keen ears heard it first. His eagle eyes saw them next. He looked back to Tjra and tilted his head.

"Well, we atta' check em out. See what they are all 'bout. Just maybe, we can see if they will let us follow em to wherever the hell they wanna go. Oh, I know...could hire ahselves as uh, body gaurds?" He spoke quietly though his thick Boston accent could never be silenced.
Constantine
Superfluous New Waver

Postby tjra on Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:06 am

Tjra walked quietly beside her companion, her eyes low upon the ground. For once, she could completely relax. Not the single sound of another human mind for as far as her Sight could See - which was pretty damn far. It had to be the first time she could completely relax and not have to worry about listening to a man's private obscene fantasies about the pretty tavern waitress or the never-ending drone of a vain woman scrutinizing the ladies around her.

There was only Mygen beside her, and open space. And silence. Well, mostly silence - but being able to hear others' thoughts on a routine basis works a lot like a shadow moving continually over a mouse's burrow - eventually the mouse figures out the shadow won't hurt it, and it learns to ignore it. So she was able to shut out Mygen's constant agonizing over the absence of people quite easily, rather like turning the volume down on a stereo - not only because it was annoying, but out of respect for a friend.

And so, the long walk was well worth the near-silence to the mind-reader, bringing her a measure of peace unknown.

But good things never last, and before long - after how many days, weeks of travel? - she could sense the distinct patterns of mind-voices unknown - a male and female, some way ahead and off to their right, Tjra supposed - travelling slowly, likely on foot. But just as it is hard to hear someone shouting from the other end of a football field, so Tjra could not discern anything more on her personal radar system.

"There's someone ahead," she mumbled without looking up. Typically she didn't need to raise her voice; but it didn't seem he had heard her, because she could pinpoint the exact moment he picked up their voices. With a sigh, the young woman climbed the small knoll on which Mygen stood, closing the few yards between them as she squinted in the midmorning sunlight across the barren wasteland to where the two tiny shapes hovered near the horizon. Even the light was bleak here, shining on the ruins of civilizations unknown. It felt false, as though there was no life in the warmth or color.

It cast an odd color on Tjra's creamy reddish-tanned skin, the bright cyan tattoos crisscrossing her smooth, hairless head seeming dull in the unforgiving color. She wore what was once a creamy white 3/4 sleeve collard shirt with neatly buttoned cuffs under a fawn-colored vest - both were now torn and patched in several places, the shirt smudged, though still recognizeable. It was tucked into a pair of dark brown breeches, with light half-calf leather boots. Like her shirt and vest, the breeches were in need of replacing, though Tjra was resourceful enough to know how to mend clothes, even if she wasn't very good at it.

Coming to a standstill beside Mygen, the blue-eyed woman crossed her arms over her chest in thought, her brow furrowing.

"I don't think they'd be hostile. They seem really cautious though," Tjra's current state of mind had her speaking in a sophisticated London accent; she had perfected a plethora of them, and habit brought her to practice them. Constantly. "Prob'ly be best to circle about and come around from the front, don't you think? Don't want them to think we're ambushing them."
tjra
Superfluous New Waver

Postby Angel on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:07 pm

Aelia grew cautious suddenly as if on alert. She listened to everything that Arc had said. Her actions however spoke volumes of her. She was a really cautious person that really didn’t trust much about anything or anywhere or anyone. She’d trust Arc for now only because she had no one else to trust. Her senses however told her to becareful. She didn’t know why or understand why. She’d pull the knife out that she had before not as a threat to Arc but as to have it ready incase she needed it.

“Are all the areas like this? It makes me wonder what happened to the world. It’s like it had been attacked and left people to feel like they must be on full alert or be attacked. I feel so uneasy and like I might be attacked for no reason suddenly.”

Aelia’s words were true to her actions as she looked everywhere as if trying to spot what sent her paranoid. She didn’t like it and her head hurting like it did. It did not make things any easier for her.
Angel
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Shin on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:15 pm

( Sorry for the wait, I had drill this lasy weekend.)

Arc walked at the same pace as Aelia, making conversation as he went. He noted that she pulled out her knife as she walked, she had slept with it too... probably made her feel safe. Personally he found the use of weapons like swords and daggers barbaric, he carried a rapier on his own hip, a rapier that rarely ever came out.. it was said to be a gentlmens weapon and so Arc decided to fit the part by wearing it, even if he didn't know how to use it.

"Alot of them are. It was a great disaster that struck so long ago, I dont know if the same thing happened everywhere but where my school was a great fire spread over the city and these strange shadow like creatures destroyed it." As he spoke he used his hands to exagerate, and as always, used his voice to capture the minds and potray the scene through his tone.

"Are you ok? That cut on your head might have dome more damage then we thought."
..strive to be like water....
A list of all of my characters on Dystopia.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Constantine on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:25 pm

Mygen followed along, keeping tabs on the two. The male seemed like a strange sort, and spoke in such a way that everything he said had a scene to it. He knew a few like that back in the day before everything turned to shit. He kept crouched and low, making sure he wasn't visible. Of course, being the type he was Mygen was not going to show himself right off the bat. Too many Military mistakes were made by people he had known which resulted in them dying. To say the least, he didn't want that knife or rapier thrown or stabbed at him. Always a constant fear for his eyes being plucked out--and these days, no one could give him the Cyber Tech required for him to keep on blastin'.

He looked up the sky, then back down at the two Tjra and himself were following. He mumbled incoherently. Something or another about the time it was, coordinants and just things Mygen used to do on long patrols. His mind wrapped in nostalgia as his right hand absent-mindedly touched over the bead-sized scar in his temple. He missed that three-inch long, cold needle jacked into his mind. "Maybe if we ease ourselves and show them we're not hastile, they won't stab at us." He mumbled quietly.
Constantine
Superfluous New Waver

Postby Angel on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:27 pm

Aelia didn’t know how much damage was done to her head only that it hurt. “I only know my head hurts badly. It feels like my head is being hit several times by a hammer from a blacksmith.” She had explained it best she could, but the knife was kept out not cause of Arc. Arc wasn’t felt as a threat just something about the area felt out of place.

She wasn’t sure why she felt that way. She was just positive on it. They were being watched by something or someone, whether this was making her paranoid. That was hard to tell mistake possibly to take, but her mind was made up to continue on feeling paranoid about the area otherwise she might never feel truly safe.
(I was brain stumped)
Angel
Badminton Enthusiast

Previous

Return to The Ruins