Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Eternal Days

What was left of the world was thrown into ruin and disrepair. It's up to the survivors to reestablish their nations or form new ones.

Re: Eternal Days

Postby Mandaz on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:32 am

Manny was too enthralled with the surroundings to really notice them. There was too much to see and take in, it was amazing. And by ‘it’ he of course meant ‘the smell of food’. Manny lost his head and manners for a moment, completely barreling as fast as he could to the scent of a hot meal. He actually couldn’t remember the last hot meal he had. And…oh…oh god was there meat in this soup? The young boy was in heaven. His mouth was drenched in anticipation as he eagerly presented himself to the couple.

“I-I’m sooo hungry! C-can I please have some of this? Some of a little bit of everything of this?”
Mandaz
Delicious Retard

Postby Nayt on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:06 am

#30. Nayt: "Oh, honey, of course!" the middle aged woman behind the counter replied enthusiastically.

Daniel followed behind hesitantly. He, uh, didn't exactly feel comfortable here. Asking for a meal and whatnot. That's not why they came here, right? They came here to . . .

As the woman grabbed a five partition tray and slopped one of everything into a partition each, she smiled up at Daniel. "Would you like some, too?"

"Uh . . . no thanks," he replied.

"You sure, hon?"

"Y-- yeah. Uh. Maybe later."

"Well okay. You just let me know if you're tummy starts rumblin'," she said with a bright smile and passed the tray across the counter to Manny.

#31. Mandaz: Manny happilly took what was given to him and began to look for a place to sit. He would honestly just eat the food right where he stood if Daniel wasnt with him. He felt the need to be curtious and sit and use utensils like a young gentleman. Once the two sat, Manny slurped up the stew, savoring the small bits of meat that were inside. A part of him loved the way the little cuts severed in his mouth, splitting into more delicious bites.

"You really should have some, Daniel" he hummed, smiling widely when there wasnt anything in his mouth. "This is amazing! I didnt think people were allowed to just...give out this much food!"

#32. Nayt: Daniel followed Manny and sat when he did, taking a spot right across the table from him. He scratched the side of his face awkwardly, not exactly feeling comfortable with his environment. This was about the only empty table in the house, it seemed. Every other one was taken, and at least one of them was exclusive to that girl, as she appeared to be waving anyone and everyone off when they offered to sit with her. She didn't look like she smelled, so maybe she just didn't want the smell rubbing off on her.

"I'm foine," Daniel raised his hand to wave off the suggestion politely, "Not too hungry roight now."

A boldfaced lie, but he trusted these people as far as he could throw them. Wait, that wasn't right. He could probably throw them pretty far . . .

It wasn't long before they were joined. An old man with no teeth, advertised by his limitless smile, joined them with a tray of bean stew all the hell over his tray. And his fingerless gloves. There was a little bit on his raggy looking coat, too.

"Heeey kids," he greeted smilingly.

#33. Mandaz: Manny returned a smile at the man, though his was very toothy and youthful in comparison. The smaller boy had yet to notice Daniel's uncomfort, as he was enjoying the hot meal too much.

"Hi" he nodded before eating more.

#34. Nayt: "Uh . . . hi," Daniel said after Manny.

"Ain't seen you kids around here 'fore, either!" he exclaimed.

It was a bit tough to understand what he was saying, what with him having a total of five teeth in his mouth and all. In fact, that made just about everything he said a garbled mess. Fortunately, Daniel was used to this.

"Either?" he said.

"Yeah," the old man said on the precipice of a laugh, "That girly back there came in just today, too!"

#35. Mandaz: Manny turned his hidden eyes to look at where the old man gestured to. He had yet to even notice the girl, but now he got a good look at her from behind his hair.

"She looks pretty clean." he shrugged "Her clothes are still pretty white. She must have recently been wandering around. Good thing she stopped off here! I've been homeless for ten years now and I've never just been given such good food and a place to stay for free. This is probably what heaven is like, i bet. The old guys used to talk a lot about heaven, and i only understood a little, but i know it's supposed to be awesome. Like this."

#36. Nayt: Daniel furrowed his brow. "Wot? Ten years?"

What the . . . hell? Manny /looked/ like he was ten half of the time. Really, it wasn't until he had his hair out of his face that he looked like a fourteen year old kid.

"Yeahah," the old man celebrated, "This's what heaven's like, you're darn right m'boy!"
Nayt
Olympic Badminton Champion

Postby Mandaz on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:35 am

Manny smiled and nodded as he continued to consume his meal. Between chews he confirmed Daniel’s questioning. “At least that’s what I think! I coulda lost count. Ten sounds like a good number though!” Soon his tray was nearly cleaned as he gobbled up all the bites he could. Daniel would be able to see the vivacity returning to the boy after a nice meal filled his small stomach. Manny seemed much more ecstatic to be alive. “So where should we start, huh?” he waved to Daniel, trying to get his attention. “I don’t think it would be a good idea just to pull out…the you know what…and start waving it around! Maybe we should talk to someone who sorta looks like they might know something!”
Mandaz
Delicious Retard

Postby Nayt on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:45 am

"Man," Daniel frowned, "That sucks. oI'm really sorry to--"

But alas, he was interrupted. When it happened, Daniel nearly jumped out of his skin. He also almost grabbed for a coin on instinct.

"What's that?" old toothless leaned forward excitedly.

This was an uncomfortable proximity as far as Daniel was concerned. The old man was too close and he couldn't possibly get far enough away from him. He could smell the rotting of his teeth from there and he leaned back to avoid it. Unfortunately, there was no escaping it.

"I've been here for aaaages, my boys!" he called out enthusiastically, "If there's anything you wanna know, you just shoot me as many questions as you like."
Nayt
Olympic Badminton Champion

Previous

Return to The Ruins