It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Un Vasto Dalla Ricordo
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:56 pm 
Olympic Badminton Champion

Once she got the bag on her lap and started searching through it, Aria started to feel anticipation. It felt like the first time she'd ever been all that anxious about anything. That was another strange thing about Ozrik! He always made her feel like it was the first time she'd ever been anxious.

Once she got to the metaphorical gold at the end of the rainbow, it was almost like Aria's entire face brightened up. That was so sweet of Ozrik, to go and get her one of her favorite candies-- and a really big piece, too! This could last her at least a week! Or two. Since it was from Ozrik, she might very well savor it and keep it cool somewhere so it wouldn't melt. Truth be told, Aria didn't receive gifts very often--or at all. After all, Ozrik was the only person she really interacted with over the last few years.

She smiled brightly up at him. "Th-thank you, Ahsrich!"

Aria didn't even notice the way Ozrik was playing with her hair, either--which was a testament to how elated she was to receive a gift, especially a sweet and edible one. Aria's hair was pretty short, after all; her bangs stopped at her eyebrows and at the back of her head, her hair barely dipped past the middle of her neck. No strand was really all that long at all; maybe an inch and a half, tops. It was just easier to take care of that way. Unfortunately, though, that meant that she didn't take care if it beyond washing it--lethargy demanded that it was all right to have a constant state of bed-head.

The girl felt an intense and unexplainable urge to hug Ozrik--which wouldn't have been hard at all, with her sitting right next to him and all, but she refrained. For a second. That was about as long as she could refrain. Aria set the chocolate back in the bag (temporarily; chocolate would never go wasted, as long as she was around it), leaned over, and gently wrapped her arms around Ozrik--hugging him at his side, one arm around his back, and the other around his chest.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:20 am 
Delicious Retard

Ozrik was a little surprised at Aria’s enthusiasm, though he knew he shouldn’t have been. In fact that was the very reaction he was hoping for. Aria’s elated smiles and chattering were adorable, especially when she slipped into her soft accent. His grin only widened when she put her arms around him and hugged with all the might her tiny body could muster. Ozrik’s eyes fell closed as he twisted to embrace her. Not just that, but to hold her in his arms.

The man leaned back, easing his body into the couch while pulling the girl onto his chest. He hugged her there, having her weight against his, albeit a small weight, was comforting. His hand moved towards her hair again, gently tugging through the strands. The other hand moved under her chin, coaxing her to look at his lips.

“I want you to listen.” He said, but didn’t elaborate any further.

Instead Aria would feel a little nudge pushing her head to lie on his chest. He cupped his hand over her exposed ear while the other one rest against him. Deep within the folds of his skin, muscle, and bone lay a heart. And although she may not have been about to hear it’s thumping, the way Aria made him feel caused it to pound harder. Hard enough to let her feel the rhythmic vibration.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:32 pm 

At first, Aria was a little surprised. She didn't know exactly what Ozrik wanted her to listen to--and she was inclined to remind him that she couldn't listen to anything at all, really. But once he gently tried to coax her head down to the left side of his chest, she obliged, and while she initially felt a little awkward with Ozrik placing his hand against her ear, she became much less tense with each passing second.

She couldn't hear it, of course, but just like all sounds, she could feel it. It reverberated against her ear and her jaw, sent tremors down her chest and spine, and pulses through her fingers and toes. Aria didn't pull away. Rather, she relaxed.

It was . . . Ozrik's heartbeat was . . . a more beautiful song that Aria could ever write. It was a song she could have listened to for hours, a song she could let lure her into sleep, a song she awake to, and use for a reason to leave her house and live a life.

She couldn't do that song justice, were she to try and pencil it down upon paper, and come up with harmonics and lyrics to fill make use of such notations. It was a song that could only exist as it was, a song inside of Ozrik, a song one could only feel if one became this close to him. No, Aria could not do that song justice, but perhaps she could join the chorus.

Without a word, Aria let go of Ozrik with her right arm, once wrapped around the front of his chest, and brought her hand down to one of Ozrik's own hand, the one upon her exposed ear. At first, it might have seemed as if she was trying to get him to let go of her, but once she tugged his hand down, he'd perhaps be cleansed of such a worry, if he ever worried at all. Aria would press Ozrik's hand against the center of her chest and hold it there . .

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:25 pm 
Delicious Retard

His fingers tensed as she touched them; a mixed feeling of elation from her hand holding his and nervousness that he had upset her in any way. His smile stayed swept across his features though, willing to respect whatever Aria wanted from him. Ozrik wanted to see her happy, even if it meant changing himself for her. He also wanted to tell her. To explain himself before he went off into the unknown. As his fingers were tugged to the warmth of the girl’s chest he closed his eyes, tapping his foot slightly to the rhythm of both their hearts. A rhythm that was in unison.

They sat, resting on the couch for a time, feeling the blood pumping through their veins, sleappilly dozing to the pulse. Aria would feel her body shift, just slightly, as Ozrik wrapped his arms around her once more. He tugged her close, sliding her along his chest until both of their faces met. Before she had a chance to speak, Ozrik’s lips pressed into hers, softly kissing her for the first time.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:50 pm 

Her heart beat hard against her chest again--but this time it didn't hurt. This time . . . it felt right. She had been content to just lean against him and feel to his heartbeat, and let him feel hers just the same, and she was surprised when it all changed, and he gently pulled her up, and planted a kiss upon her lips. Her eyes widened and body tensed up at first, but in less than a fraction of a second, she relaxed wholly.

Perhaps events had progressed quickly between them. Aria had known Ozrik for less than a week, yet he still managed to instill upon her an urge to leave her house for something other than the rare purchasing of snacks, an urge which had been dormant and otherwise decimated for a very long time--and now, here they were, pressed against each other, lips locked together-- and Aria didn't have a problem with it at all. In fact, it filled her with an overwhelming joy, one she only felt when she sang.

Perhaps someone, a normal human being, would have considered it to be a fast development, but a lifelong friendship here in Memoria lasted less than four years. Although they displayed no hint of aging, most of them knew, somewhere deep in the farthest reaches of their minds, that their lives came and went too quickly.

Even for the deaf songstress.

Aria sat upon her knees right next to Ozrik, with Ozrik turned a bit towards her, his arms around her, holding her against him, pressing his lips to hers--and she let it linger. She shut her eyes and didn't pull away. Ozrik's lips and the warmth of his body was . . . far too nice.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:04 pm 
Delicious Retard

Ozrik nuzzled the bridge of his nose along Aria’s as they kissed. It wasn’t just a kiss; it was a gesture of extreme affection. He held her close, felt her skin, counter her heartbeats and breaths. He’d never felt this close to another person before. It was surreal and yet it felt like he was in the right place. For the first time in his life, Ozrik felt like he belonged somewhere. Even if that place was his dirty apartment, shoes off, hair tossed, breathing in the same grey air he had the night before. With Aria things were different. The whole world was a different place. A place for just him and her to be, locked in embrace, feeling each other’s hearts.

After enough, Ozrik’s lips slowly slid from Aria’s, just barely touching. He kept them connected, not wanting to leave this closeness, but still had words he wanted to say. His lips moved slowly, saying the words he had bottled up, if Aria’s lips moved with his she might have been able to decipher his meaning without reading, but feeling.

“I love you.”

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:00 am 

For some time, they had lingered there, content to remain close, their lips pressed together in a show of great affection. It was comforting, it was pleasant, it was all around . . . amazing, even. Aria had never experienced a kiss before, not even in her memories. She never thought much about it, either, the whole prospect of romance. It wasn't that she didn't want to fall for someone--it was just distant from her mind, until now, now that Ozrik had gotten those feelings out of there, and unveiled the pent up want to have someone around in her otherwise lonely life. Someone like Ozrik.

But then, he pulled away, and mouthed something to her. Unable to see his lips, she couldn't quite understand what he was saying; she needed to be able to see the way the tongue moved against a person's teeth sometimes; it was always so subtle, but it caused such distinct syllables usually, syllables which could determine the meaning of entire sentences sometimes. Yet despite this, Aria somehow understood. It took her a moment, but once her heart started to race, she understood.

"A-- Ahs-- Ahsrich . . . I . . ." Aria whispered.

She didn't know what to say. Should she have responded to his feelings? Should she have accepted them as something like, say, a compliment? Or should she have been curious about them?

It was curiosity that got a hold of her in the end. Gently, Aria pulled back, but only enough so that she could see Ozrik's lips. Perhaps it was a way of stalling, and maybe slowing her own feelings down, but the curiosity was genuine nonetheless. She really . . . couldn't understand. She couldn't understand why'd he'd want to fall in love with her.

"Why . . . ?" she asked.

Perhaps it wasn't the ideal response to something like that--but she didn't look offended or hurt or pained at all. Aria's expression was clearly inquisitive. She could see why someone could fall for Ozrik. It was easy. But to fall for her? That Aria couldn't quite understand . . .

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:28 am 
Delicious Retard

Ozrik pressed his lips against hers again, laughing a little at her question. He kissed away her worried inquisition and tasted its bitterness on his tongue. With one last, tight hug her released her and sat up properly once more. (as properly as Ozrik could comfortably manage anyway) His smiled only widened as her looked at her bewildered, blushing expression with utter amusement. A little bit of laughter bubbled up in his chest from the sight, and the joy he felt as well. It wasn’t good to keep things bottled in, he was glad he had told her how he felt, and even more glad she understood his message.

“How could I not?” he laughed, taking her hand in his. “Aria.”

He dipped his head down to kiss upon her palm gently, as a knight would a princess. He cradled her small hand in his own larger ones, reveling in the warmth from each tiny finger. He loved her. There was no other explanation for him being this happy right now. It was the truth, and Ozrik wasn’t one for beating around the bush. How could you be in this town? Where the feeling of life always seemed dangerously short.

“This job I’ve got, I’m leaving tomorrow. And I couldn’t leave you behind without telling you the truth. You’re the reason I want to get out of this town. I want to take you places. I want you to see the things I see in my dreams. Attis said this project can help me do that. And I’m doing it for you. You’re kind. You’re soft. You’re sweet. And I feel like whenever you’re with me I could…I could live forever just by your side. I know you probably think I’m crazy, but you’re the greatest thing to happen to me.”

Last edited by Mandaz on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:07 am 

A second kiss--it surprised her, but nowhere near as much as the last one, and she was much quicker to accept it this time. Aria returned the kiss to the best of her ability, even. This . . . was something she could really get used to. It felt nice, even when it was a little quick like this one. It felt just like it did when she sang--perhaps the greatest sensory experience she knew so far.

When Ozrik pulled away, Aria, too, relaxed. She didn't sit back upon the couch, though. Instead, she remained sitting next to him, so she could better watch his lips. Those lips that had just been placed upon hers, those warm, beautiful lips . . .

Indeed, curiosity fell, and a feeling of flattery came barreling in behind it. As Ozrik spoke about the way he felt about her, and how he wanted to take her all the places that he saw in his dreams, all Aria could do was blush. Just four days ago, she would have never have thought someone saying such a thing to her would mean so much, or that she'd ever kiss someone, or that she'd ever leave her house to come visit another person--on her own volition, now less.

And it helped immensely that she felt very much the same way about Ozrik. She would have enjoyed seeing those places, too, though perhaps at a bit slower pace than Ozrik. Though, maybe she could learn to enjoy speed, if only for Ozrik's sake--just like he learned to enjoy moving a little slower, for her sake.

Maybe they could even come to a middle ground. If they could leave together and see all those sights, maybe they could learn to live?

Maybe . . .

But either way, Aria could only blush so much. As much as Ozrik made her feel good about herself, he worried her just the same. Just what was he talking about? This job--this project, this thing that could make it possible for them to go places like Ozrik saw in his dreams? She'd never heard of it, and on top of that . . .

"Ahsrich . . .?" Aria asked with much hesitation. She took his hand in both of hers, and squeezed slightly, "You . . . you are taking a job from . . . Attis?"

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:25 am 
Delicious Retard

“Hmm?” Ozrik looked a little surprised that out of all he said that was the first thing she questioned, but Attis did say a little something about knowing Aria before. Maybe they were friends? Ozrik didn’t think Aria had many, or could even make them being holed up in that home of hers. He was still glad to have his hands held by Aria, but the strange tone Aria’s voice had taken worried him.

“Ah. Y-yeah! Attis. I mean he didn’t really say he was in charge or anything, but he’s been meeting with me and stuff. I’m supposed to…well I don’t really know what I’m supposed to do, but I know it’s important. And that it could help a lot of people. But Attis did say something about knowing you. Are you two friends? He seems like a pretty shady guy, but I don’t really think he’s going to get me into trouble. He seems sincere, ya know? Well I guess you do. Since you two know each other.”

Ozrik didn’t know if he should start feeling jealous of Attis, or look deeper into the strange pasts of both Attis and Aria. Was there something between them? He felt like there was more of a story going on, and that he was just a recent addition to a long epic tale.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:51 am 

A number of thoughts ran throughout Aria's mind. They were all the same thing, too, but all worded vastly different, from shock to sadness to terror, feelings experienced not for herself, but for Ozrik. They all corresponded with one gut feeling--one single sentence she so badly wanted to declare to Ozrik outright:

Please don't go.

But she wasn't going to say that. She wasn't going to deprive Ozrik the chance to maybe help with something that could be great. Aria didn't know what he was talking about, but she knew Attis. She knew him enough to know that he had plans sometimes, and they were always so grand, and he always had the lives of Memoria in mind whenever he made them. Truly, plans laid with the best intentions.

And if that's what Ozrik truly wanted to do . . . Aria wasn't going to ask him not to. He seemed excited about it, even. At least a little bit excited. Who wouldn't want to do something to help all of Memoria? Who wouldn't want to do something to maybe save themselves?

"Attis, he . . . he means well with everything he does," Aria replied. Her hands were shaking a little. Not too terribly, but Ozrik might notice after awhile, "But his last project . . . someone died. It's going to be dangerous, isn't it? What you are doing with Attis-- you're going to be in danger, aren't you?"

As she asked this, Aria squeezed his hand with both of hers much tighter. Her voice was hushed and her hands were trembling a lot more than before.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:33 am 
Delicious Retard

Ozrik’s smile dimmed only a little. He was flattered to know Aria was so concerned for him, but also wondered what his leaving would do to her spirit. He held on to both of her hands and softly stroked her fingers with his thumbs. He kept looking at her, trying to pick her emotions without invading. She didn’t want him hurt, it was understandable, he would die if he saw her injured. But he couldn’t lie to her. Not to that sweet face.

“Well…yeah Aria.” He tried to sound as casual and at ease as possible. If she saw his confidence, maybe she wouldn’t be as worried. “Every revolution has a little danger, you know? But don’t worry. I’ve already been through Attis’s tests and I’m tough! Nothing will get to me. Nothing can catch me. I swear to you I’ll be safe.”

People died. It was just the natural state of things. Especially things around here. Ozrik trusted Attis with his life and by extension: Aria’s.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:47 am 

Aria stared at him, the concern still evident upon her face. She didn't know about this-- not at all! She didn't know the details about Attis's previous project, nor did she know about the job he had in mind that Ozrik was going to contribute to. She would have liked to, but when she asked around before, she got the same answer. Nothing, or it was classified, or no one had ever heard about it. No one said a useful word to her about the whole thing, even though she should have been the one to know first. A friend was involved. And when that friend died, she still never learned the truth about what happened. She knew only that her friend wasn't coming back to Memoria.

She squeezed Ozrik's hands a little.

"You . . . you swear?"

Ozrik had already said it-- he had already solemnly swore to Aria that no one would catch him-- that he'd be safe. But that didn't mean that seeing him say it again would have reassured her any less. In fact, it might well have made her feel that much better about it . . .

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:46 am 
Delicious Retard

“I swear with every piece of me.”

He scooped up her hands in his own, completely closing them in his warm palms. He left a little room for the tips of her fingers to peek through, and traced his lips along them. Ozrik pressed a kiss against her prints, smiling warmly as he did so. The look in her eyes drove his soul. He wanted to take the fear from them, to assure her that he would be safe and healthy. But there was no guaranteeing that, even though he was confident, so the look of concern remained.

"Aria..."

Ozrik hugged her, pushing their bodies so close he could feel her heartbeat against his. He didn’t want to leave her; it was possibly the first time in his life that he wanted to stay exactly where he was. Even if his legs were removed and he was unable to run, as long as Aria was near him, he would be happy. She had a way of filling Ozrik’s soul with a wonderful fullness that he yearned for. And so, when he promised that he would be safe and come back to her, it was also a promise to himself. He couldn’t leave her alone for that long. It would break him.

“You’re too important to let go.”

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:07 pm 

Aria watched Ozrik's lips carefully. She wanted to see every word he said; it was of the utmost importance to her now. His assurance that he would come back to her, the way he leaned in to place a kiss upon the tips of her fingers-- everything. It was all important to her, so much more important now that she knew her time with him was short, that he'd be going away soon, tomorrow even!, and she might not see him again for awhile. And for them, a week may as well have been a full year.

And then, he drew her into a hug and spoke something-- something she could not hear, of course, something she could not consciously understand. She felt the vibration of his chest within hers, and knew at that moment that he had spoken to her, said something more than just his swear to her, and she couldn't understand-- but she didn't question it at all. The feeling was the same, as if she had heard it all along, but while her brain could not process it, her heart could.

"Thank you, Ahsrich . . ." Aria whispered with genuine appreciation as she squeezed Ozrik tightly. She didn't want to let him go, either.

And for the entire day, she made good on that mental and emotional declaration-- as best as she could. So long as there was no obvious invasion of privacy, Aria held onto him; she either hugged his arm, held his hand, or simply looped one of her fingers with his, and for the most part it was completely unconscious. She simply didn't want to let go of him either, and it was that simple.

Though, as quick as things had moved between them, Aria had her limits!

Yet nonetheless, for hours upon hours, she stayed with him; what they did together mattered little. They spoke of Ozrik's friends, the composer fellow that brought sheet music to show him all the time, and even some of his dreams. They didn't need to do much, truly. They didn't even need to talk, so long as she was with him. Eventually, though, the time came that Aria intended to go home, before she and Ozrik permitted their feelings to show. Still, they sat upon the floor, Aria leaning her head against his shoulder whilst she looked through some of the sheet music upon the floor.

"Ahsrich?" she asked as she sat the papers down, "Do you have an extra bed?"

Profile  •  •  
 •