It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Kaisai Ni-Tokoro-De Kaiseki
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:02 am 
Badminton Enthusiast

The evening could have gone better, but with his new position, Kazuya couldn't complain. He wouldn't be replacing his keikogi outfit, but adapting it to his new rank. His keikogi outfit was made up of form fitting trousers, double ties that fastened at the ankle, a jacket with overlapping lapels and protective arm and hand sleeves.

To finish off the uniform, a shinobi typically wore the split-toed boots and socks. He always had extra pockets added into the jacket for concealing weapons and various powders. Listening to the mumblings of the Prince and his sister, he decided to check on Cho. She would be furious with him, but he didn't know how else to handle the situation. Leaving his uniform behind, he wore his basic kimono.

He found her drawing a bath for the prince and he could read the anxiety all over her body. “I know you're pissed, but I think this will work out for the best. You don't even really have to do anything...you can finally relax.” Kazuya didn't blame her if she ignored him. He deserved the silent treatment. His mind was full of anxiety and fear, but he always hid behind his sarcasm and crude humor.

“Maybe I can finally marry Izumi and give her a good life.” There was one important person in his life and that was Izumi. He had been building everything up for her and wanted to provide her with the best. Since she was gone for long periods, he often wondered if she was even interested in him still.

“Dad always doubted me, but now look where we are.” Folding his arms, he waited for her to say something- anything. The silence between them was becoming a little too awkward.

“Maybe the prince will get real cozy with you. You both seemed to take a liking to each other. Keep doing that and maybe we can get in with royalty.” That would be nice, but he didn't rely on it for their livelihood. The prince could get rid of them in a heartbeat and they'd be back to the beginning.

Kazuya knew how to push her buttons and tease her relentlessly. “Do you think he'll let me cook for him again? You should probably put flower petals in that...then your prince will smell sweet for you.”

Everything said was heavy with cynicism and sarcasm. He wasn't meant to be taken seriously, but he did have a genuine concern for his family.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:58 am 
Badminton Enthusiast

Cho flexed her shoulders, finishing up with the water. She finally turned slowly towards Kazuya with a furious glare. Her hand gripped on a handful of flower petals. Her teeth were grinding against each other. She thought immediately of throwing the flower petals at Kazuya, but instead threw them in the water.

"Izumi and you are perfect together." She said through clenched teeth.

She wiped up the mess that she made. How was she going to deny that she was attracted to the young prince? Cho couldn't and she wasn't going to try. Defeated, she sighed.

"Father always believed that you didn't take your studies seriously. I am not sure. I told him that you were serious about your studies, but you weren't like me. You didn't have the same gravity. He didn't understand, but it's fine." Cho shrugged. She scuttled off to the Prince.

Masahiko looked at Cho with a small smile.

She is cute. Cute like a cat, but I bet she is fierce and I'll probably rely on her heavily for her eyes and ears. Father would disapprove of me marrying her.

Masahiko rose and allowed Cho to help him undress.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:31 pm 
Badminton Enthusiast

What the hell had she wanted him to do? Explaining that he 'accidentally' poisoned the prince, wouldn't have gone over any better. They would have both been put to death. Kazuya listened to her words, but he could hear the resentment that filtered through her mock kindness. Knowing what his father thought, set him off into a dark mood.

“I've always been serious, which is why I tried following in his footsteps. I didn't need my little sister standing up for me, but they're dead now anyway- so none of that matters.” Speaking indirectly to Cho, he acknowledged the prince. More than once, he had caught his demeaning look even before the incident had occurred.

The prince would want to watch his step, around a group of assassins. Bowing quickly, Kazuya left them alone and went into his own thoughts. “Your highness..” He didn't speak with him, or attempt to make small talk. Cho's words had hit him hard and quickly embedded themselves in his conscience.

Looking around his shop, he wondered what the hell he had been thinking. He was skilled, maybe even more-so than his own father now. Wasting talent was not something he had planned on, but their deaths had haunted him to a point of delusion.

Taking a knife from the kitchen table, he flipped it and continued to catch it by the handle. In a swift motion, he threw the blade at the wall and watched its point penetrate with ridiculous precision. Had that wall been an actual person, the knife would have struck their neck.

Sighing with frustration, he swept his arm over the counter and spilled the contents onto the floor. The racket would be heard and his constant cursing. Looking at the small amount of chaos he created, he began emptying drawers and formed a quick pile that would be discarded in the back alleyway. His once full kitchen, was now almost bare.

Marrying Izumi was a joke. She was constantly traveling and he doubted she thought of him. An assassins life was not meant for the weak. Kazuya didn't know how she would handle it, if he should die during one of his missions.

“Fuck it all...” He muttered and smoothly walked out to the front of the restaurant. Signs that normally welcomed guests, were torn and discarded in the trash.

A few hours was all it took for him to completely gut his shop. Cho would hear the commotion, but she'd be too preoccupied with her prince. He'd rather she didn't walk in during his private storm. There was nothing to be said, or gained from another confrontation. His body would be full of adrenalin- but even stranger- his mind felt clear.

It was time to take their family business a little more seriously. Now the shop looked like an average home. Both the prince and Cho would be shocked at the change, but Kazuya would be at peace. He bowed at his parents shrine, muttering his own words of prayer.

He sat out in the private garden and concentrated on the sounds of nature.

Meditation had never come easy for Kazuya, but he was finding himself enjoying the quiet moment.

Profile  •  •  
 •