Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

What's your characters' preferred . . .

A board for casual, off topic discussion. So long as it is kept civil, anything can be discussed here.

Moderator: Paroxysm

What's your characters' preferred . . .

Postby Zombzeh Nayt-o! on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:16 pm

Here's a good an' fun forum question for everyone: what's your characters' preferred genre of music and their favorite band? This is assuming, of course, that they were actually living in our modern society.

I'll start by naming a few of my characters and what would, in contemporary society, be their favorite genres of music and artist(s) within:

Daniel Kerington: Alternative/Pop-Rock. Favorite artist: "The Matthew Good Band."
Maya/Mayako Takamine: Country. Favorite artists: Brad Paisley and the "Charlie Daniels Band" (when she feels the urge to dance to something).
Talis M. McCarthy: German Industrial Metal. Favorite artists: "Wumpscut," "Rammstein," and "Velvet Acid Christ." He'd dig some American industrial metal, too, like "KMFDM," "Pig," and whatnot, but he's the type to religiously maintain that Germans do Industrial Metal far better justice.
Recheov: 1970s British Punk. Favorite artist: "The Sex Pistols."
Sarah Vaerbond: R&B. Favorite artist: Alicia Keys. Would have a fondness for rap, too. She's the kind of girl that'd enjoy herself some Kanye West.
Akizetsumei of Terra: Synthpop. Favorite artists: "The Bird and the Bee," "Freezepop," and "Hot Chip."
Emma Vaerbond: Classic Rock. Favorite artists: "Simon and Garfunkle" and Peter Gabriel.
Lelan Jericho: Death Metal. Favorite artists: "Zao" and "Otep."
Tyrian J. Sturm: Classical. Favorite composers: Johann Sebastien Bach and Johannes Brahms.
Zombzeh Nayt-o!
Brainmongler

Re: What's your characters' preferred . . .

Postby littlebean on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:46 pm

I wish I knew enough about music to answer this.

Emli would need some very loud music cuz of how hard of hearing he is. Probably some variety of metal, Dethklok is the first thing that comes to mind.

Loman I have no idea, something high energy? I dunno what he'd listen to but I definitely know it wouldnt be any kind of rap, opera, or country.

Kremnaes, anything instrumental and probably some very cheesy pop music, Aqua, Backstreet boys and stuff. He'd probably keep that a secret though.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Zombzeh Nayt-o! on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Is it bad that I can clearly picture Kremnaes jamming to the Backstreet Boys? Like . . . I can really, really see it. That kind of frightens me.

Also, addition:

Mizuki Kato (aka Eri Tetsuken): Neo-Swing and Big Band. Favorite artists: "Squirrel Nut Zippers" and the "Cherry Poppin' Daddies."
Etsu Hikane: j-Pop. Favorite artists: "Asian Kung-fu Generation," Hikari Utada, and "L'Arc-en-Ciel." She's kind of a xenophobe. Non-Japanese music scares her.
Zombzeh Nayt-o!
Brainmongler

Postby Skylar on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:33 pm

Let’s see, I think I can do this...
Starting with...../drumrollz pl0x

Skylar- Definitely insturmental such as Black Heaven “Let you go Let me go” Or maybe Bring me the Horizon “Fifteen Fathoms Counting” With some opera thrown in here and there.

Kali would fully have to have something upbeat and spaztacular. Like total club jams that make you wanna move your ass. Some Usher, or maybe Jay Sean. With a hidden love for The Cult.

Frankie on the other hand would carry a respect for most music. A play list that would make most people embarrassed. From Rob Zombie, to The Fray.....Muse down to Missy Higgins....Can’t forget HIM Or Pink...Some Guns and Roses, Def Leopard....Show tunes! Anything that can make her think back on a specific time in her life...you see where I am going with this, no?

And btw, seriously....who doesn't love Simon and Garfunkle?
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby littlebean on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Its funny cuz I kind of figured Sturm would listen to classical and Etsu's musical choice is a no brainer.

How would everyone else react to everyone's music?
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Skylar on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:11 pm

I can totally see Recheov chillin with a smoke hangin outta his mouth, tall glass of whiskey in his hand....Sex Pistols crankin on the stereo....just mellow though. Like not rockin out to it outwardly...but fully feeling the vibe.
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby littlebean on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:29 pm

In his pants.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Zombzeh Nayt-o! on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Skylar wrote:I can totally see Recheov chillin with a smoke hangin outta his mouth, tall glass of whiskey in his hand....Sex Pistols crankin on the stereo....just mellow though. Like not rockin out to it outwardly...but fully feeling the vibe.

Fffffffffffff--- he'd do that. He'd do that daily.
Zombzeh Nayt-o!
Brainmongler

Postby littlebean on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:17 pm

Skylar brought up a good point. What kind of music do they listen to and when/where?

Also throw in some Prozak for Kremnaes.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Skylar on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:28 pm

Kali and Frankie could do up music anytime. Skylar is more refined....like, right before work, or right after a big job...something to relax, or to help her concentrate.
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Zombzeh Nayt-o! on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:42 pm

Hmm . . . where they listen to music . . .

Daniel would listen to music whilst playing himself some serious Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, or any other sort of online game of his fancy at the time. He would also play it low for background noise whilst hanging out with his bro Manny.

Sarah would definitely listen to music in the car more often than not. Those're the only times that farm girl's really going to have time to herself to get her music on, anyways.

Akizets would have earbuds in at all times. Even when hanging out with friends, ordering drinks at a coffee shop, asking for directions, or whatnot, she'd still have them in. She'd rarely be home to actually listen to music in the comfort of her room. Her iPod would be her best friend. The same applies to Etsu, except Etsu would actually kind of drown out the world around with music.

Talis . . . I don't know about him. He'd listen to whatever's playing at the bar. He's kind of sort of a social alcoholic. He might play his music at home or in the car sometimes, but I don't think he'd listen to it often.

Maya/Mayako would listen to country whilst studying. She'd just hole herself up in her room, not utter a word, put the local country station on her radio, and study for hours. Maybe, just maybe, she'd actually get up and dance around provided the right song, but she'd never admit that.

Sturm-- classical music helps him think. He'd have a record or CD of it playing constantly. Same applies to Emma in regards to classic rock, actually.

Cybil hit the nail on the head with Recheov. That is exactly how he'd enjoy himself some music time. He wouldn't do anything at all, just have a smoke and a drink.

Mizuki, well, she likes to dance. She'd put on some music when she's got alone time with the man of her preference. It's likely for her that mild-mannered swing dancing ends in love making, but that's a different story entirely.

Additions:

Zaero: Rock and metal that thematically deals with senseless violence. Rob Zombie is one of his favorite people in the world. He would also be privy towards some of Ice-T's early rap, that dealt mostly with the act of killing cops. Zaero would likely listen to this whilst pacing around the room in a contemplative way.

Scott Thompson: As masculine of a guy as he tries to be, Scott would without a doubt enjoy himself some female rock and alternative singers. The more classical the woman's voice, the better. His favorite bands would be "Within Temptation," "Evanescence," and "The Cranberries." He'd listen to this kind of stuff at work and feel no shame in it.
Zombzeh Nayt-o!
Brainmongler

Postby littlebean on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:46 pm

After having a hard time dealing/keeping up with Shin Kremnaes is aware of how unfit he is and is probably going to hole himself up in his room and attempt a workout, with the door locked.

HEY BARBIE! KEYA KEN! WANNA GO FOR A RIDE!? SURE KEN!

IM A BARBIE GIRL IN A BARBIE WOOORRRLLD
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Shin on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:58 pm

While I dont know any specific groups/bands, I can see Shin listening to a large orchestra style band. Lots of percussion followed by a flute or something.

Ideally they would be in an Ipod, playing as he cut people up to it. As if in killing people he was constructing his own symphony.

There would be no lyrics though,in whatever he listened to it would be insturmental only.
..strive to be like water....
A list of all of my characters on Dystopia.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:22 pm

What is with this lack of musical knowledge!??!
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby littlebean on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:30 pm

I have musiks dyksleksias you know dat. I....do not wish to talk about it.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Next

Return to Off Topic