Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Questions of the Week

A board for casual, off topic discussion. So long as it is kept civil, anything can be discussed here.

Moderator: Paroxysm

Questions of the Week

Postby littlebean on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:19 pm

Decided that every week I'm going to be asking a question about your character. It might be a fun game? You can develop your characters and learn about other people's characters as well. We'll start simple. This week's question is:

What're your character's height,weight, eye and hair colour? What is their hairstyle? What is their body type and structure, what about facial features? What kind of clothes do they wear and why? Also how old are they and what is their sex?

^ How do they feel about all of these/their appearance? What do you think others think about the way they look?
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Re: Questions of the Week

Postby Zombzeh Nayt-o! on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:35 am

Because I have such a large list of characters, it took me a long time to figure out which one I'd like to answer these questions about. In the end, though, I decided I'd pick Xibtrae. Although she is the female character I enjoy playing the most (of all my female characters, actually), she hasn't gotten nearly the development that I'd like her to. That being said:

What're your character's height,weight, eye and hair colour?

5'7, 120lbs. Eye color "cream," but sometimes alters to a dull yellow. Hair color auburn.

What is their hairstyle?

Xibtrae's hairstyle of choice is a very choppy inverted bob cut (a bob cut with particularly lengthy bangs).

What is their body type and structure, what about facial features?

Although not a human being, Xibtrae appears to have at least 99% of standard human characteristics. Her body is mostly similar to a human being's, for instance; she's thin but shapely, has an athletic (dancer) physique, and if her tribe happened to invent and/or possess braziers, she'd wear a 34C. What differs, though, is the color of her skin (gray) and the horns on the side of her head that extend backwards from her skull by about a foot and a half. As far as her facial features go, Xibtrae is no different than an otherwise attractive young human female.

What kind of clothes do they wear and why?

Because her civilization valued body art and viewed it as something which should not be hidden, Xibtrae wears relatively revealing clothing. She rarely covers little more than her breasts and hips; as far as human clothes go, she might as well wear a bikini and long skirt for literally every occasion. She prefers clothing styles with a tribal-frill touch.

Also how old are they and what is their sex?

Xibtrae is female, clearly. Physically, she's aged about twenty-six or so years. Chronologically, she may as well be virtually ageless.

How do they feel about all of these/their appearance? What do you think others think about the way they look?

The species to which Xibtrae belongs is genetically varied in every way. Comparatively speaking, her species has ten times the potentially genetic traits than does the human race. This makes it effectively impossible for any one person to look even remotely similar to another. Partly because of this, their culture strongly valued individuality and uniqueness in fashion. Every individual was born an artist, and given their bodies as their canvas. Xibtrae used to be frequently disappointed in her style of clothing and updated it regularly in hopes of finding the perfect style to match and complement her tattoos. Physically speaking, though, she is completely accepting of her physique (except her eyes; Xibtrae hates the color of her eyes) and personally believes her tattoos require no further adjustment or addition-- that they perfectly represent her as a person. Others in her culture generally appreciated her appearance, though her friends were often annoyed by her inability to chose or design a good fashion and stick with it.

Humans, on the other hand, are apt to stare, regard her as exotic, and sometimes even treat her with distrust and disdain.
Zombzeh Nayt-o!
Brainmongler

Postby littlebean on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:28 am

In conclusion she is one sexy bitch.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby littlebean on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:19 pm

This week's questions deal with the emotional and psychological aspects of your character. The questions right now seem pretty standard ( appearance, personality) but will get more interesting as we go along. So...

What kind of first impression does your character make, how to they present themselves to the public and why? How do they and others feel/think about this?

How do they act to someone more close to them? How does that person, and your character feel about this and why?

What's it like when your character is alone? Why do they act that way, and how do they feel about it?

What is your character's response to people stronger/authority figures and weaker than them. Why, and how do they and others feel about this.

What causes your character to be stressed and why, how do they handle high pressure situations? How do they and others feel about this.

What makes them angry happy sad and why. How do they and others feel about this.

What are their likes, dislikes and why. How do they and others feel about this.

Finally, what good or bad habits do they have? Where do you think they came from and/or why do you think they have these habits? What do they and others feel about this.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Zombzeh Nayt-o! on Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:56 pm

What kind of first impression does your character make, how to they present themselves to the public and why? How do they and others feel/think about this?

In her world, Xibtrae usually makes a very good first impression. Despite being a soldier in her culture, she's socially gentle and highly courteous. Her body art, runic tattoos upon her lower belly and the middle of her chest, represent (in her culture) someone with a maternal drive to protect, which often enough makes people feel very comfortable around her.

In the human world, Xibtrae makes an array of different first impressions. Like scaring children, generating the ire of housewives and mothers, and accidentally tantalizing men of lesser moral standards, all because of the way she looks and dresses. This all makes her extremely uncomfortable, leaving Xibtrae very bashful in public and not nearly as sociable as she used to be.

How do they act to someone more close to them? How does that person, and your character feel about this and why?

Xibtrae is very open with anyone and everyone, regardless of emotional closeness, and treats all people with equal respect. The only thing that really changes with social and emotional closeness is her willingness to make physical contact. Xibtrae is usually very hesitant to actually touch another person outside of a spar, let alone embrace them. The first time she hugs a friend is often a very telling and liberating experience for that person.

On the contrary, when she is released in the human world, she's been without physical contact for so long that she clings to the man that bails her out of problems kind of regularly. She's lightened up on that, though, and is again unwilling to make physical contact with someone who isn't already a close friend.

What's it like when your character is alone? Why do they act that way, and how do they feel about it?

Contemplative. If for some reason she's got to be alone for awhile, she will sit and contemplate for the entire duration of it. This often leads to her second guessing her choices, though, so she doesn't like to be alone for too long.

What is your character's response to people stronger/authority figures and weaker than them. Why, and how do they and others feel about this.

As a soldier with inherent loyalty to authority, Xibtrae is highly respectful to figures of power and influence, and often willing to go out of her way to assist them if ever necessary. Not for her own benefit, mind you, but for the good of the society in which the authority figure belongs. She doesn't look down on lesser folk, either. Weaker in body or social status-- it doesn't matter. Unless someone's given her a reason to disrespect them, Xibtrae is nothing but courteous and helpful all around. Were she naive, this would make her extremely useful to corrupt folk. Fortunately, she's nothing of the sort . . .

What causes your character to be stressed and why, how do they handle high pressure situations? How do they and others feel about this.

Extended periods of loneliness and confrontations with personal weakness make Xibtrae extremely uncomfortable. Push that much farther, and she can even sink into bouts of extreme depression. Pressure, however, doesn't bother her much. She was trained by a great general to maintain "grace under pressure" in all tense situations. Others sometimes think her heartless, but the inciteful few are likely to recognize her calmness as her method of ensuring that she maintains the mental faculties necessary to protect as many people as she possibly can.

What makes them angry happy sad and why. How do they and others feel about this.

Socializing makes her happy. Honestly, she loves to just be around people. Even if she's not talking, the comfort of company makes her particularly content. She's prone to getting angry when someone attempts to take advantage of her, though, and will get offended if a person attempts to make physical contact with her when she's not quite ready to be that close to them. As far as sadness goes, on top of her dislike of prolonged loneliness and self reflection, Xibtrae is saddened by very normal things-- loss of family, friends, and all the like.

What are their likes, dislikes and why. How do they and others feel about this.

Xibtrae likes the pleasure of company, board games, chess, and soul food. She dislikes people that take advantage of others, extremists, and oranges.

Finally, what good or bad habits do they have? Where do you think they came from and/or why do you think they have these habits? What do they and others feel about this.

Xibtrae has a horrible habit of misleading male counterparts. Once she's gotten close enough to a person to accept physical contact with them, she's generally unafraid of most manners of contact with that person. This can sometimes make her seem accidentally flirty, or if a very close male friend is flirting with her, she can accidentally send the wrong message that she's interested. This has led to many an awkward moment in her life. There's really no reason for the habit; it was something she developed into in adolescence and never really grew out of. In adulthood, she tries to watch out for it, but she's still pretty bad about that. Situations like this are more embarrassing to her and other parties than anything else.

Incidentally, I'm unsure how to explain "what they and others feel about" many of these answers, so I left a lot of those out.
Zombzeh Nayt-o!
Brainmongler

Postby littlebean on Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:08 pm

Me neither, I just felt it should be something I throw in just in case. There isn't a strict formula to answering the questions, just answer the ones you want about any character how you want and it's cool.

I didn't know much about her but she seems to the kind of lady I'd like to hang out with. For some reason I mostly picture her downtown shopping for clothes, in ethnic food type restaurants or one of those weird body and spa places with all the incense, magical stones african masks and other knick knacks.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Zombzeh Nayt-o! on Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Xibtrae's a very fashion minded (the type to think "what do my clothes say about me?") person that enjoys well cooked food and R&R with close friends. You pretty much described her best day ever.
Zombzeh Nayt-o!
Brainmongler

Postby littlebean on Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:35 pm

If I had the money I totally would go on a fabulous shopping trip with her.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby littlebean on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:00 pm

Next set of questions bitches.

What is your character's diet, what do they eat? How do they like their food, why do they eat what they eat? How does the food make them feel physically and emotionally. What do others think about their diet?

How does your character sleep (do they need a bottle of water before bed? certain positions and requirements?) and what is their sleeping schedule? What do they wear to bed, do they get enough sleep or too little, maybe too much? Why do they sleep the way they do, how do they and others feel about it.

Is your character physically active? How much do they or don't they move in a day? Do they have a set workout schedule (if so what is it and why did they choose it) or does their lifestyle keep them active?How do they and others feel about it.

Do they have any allergies? Do they have any illnesses or diseases, how do they treat it and how do they feel about their condition?

Does your character abuse any substances (drugs alchohol ect) and why? Do others worry about them, do they care?

and yadda yadda yadda Questions this week are about your character's health.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Zombzeh Nayt-o! on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:24 pm

What is your character's diet, what do they eat? How do they like their food, why do they eat what they eat? How does the food make them feel physically and emotionally. What do others think about their diet?

As mentioned before, Xibtrae loves soul food. Home cooked food made with love. She loves all kinds of genuine cultural foods, ethnic traditions, and the eclectic recipes of crazy old maids, wives, and great-grandmothers. Xibtrae is not at all fond of canned or prepackaged food, though. It's particularly off putting. If she's out in the woods for awhile, she'd much rather hunt for her own food than touch any food packaged in any of those weird human cans. That being said, though, Xibtrae is actually pretty carnivorous. She eats her share of fruits and vegetables, but there's almost always a significant meat portion to every meal.

(On a side note, I actually have three characters that are purely carnivorous. Eroina, Kageko, and Mimik. The former is a conscious zombie who rather adorably munches on the flesh of the formerly alive. The latter two are shadelings; having never eaten fruits and vegetables in their lives, they never developed the ability to process them. While it's possible for their bodies to evolve in ways that permit them to process fruits and vegetables, the process would probably take many, many years, and considering how quick they are to become very ill after eating too much of the stuff, those would be very miserable years. Mimik prefers animals, but much to the chagrin of Eldridge Tsukimono, Kageko very much prefers the taste of humans over all other meats.)

How does your character sleep (do they need a bottle of water before bed? certain positions and requirements?) and what is their sleeping schedule? What do they wear to bed, do they get enough sleep or too little, maybe too much? Why do they sleep the way they do, how do they and others feel about it.

First and foremost, Xibtrae usually sleeps in the nude. If that is not an option, then she sleeps in loose fitting types of underwear generally made for comfort rather than support and decency. After all, she does not wear much clothing if she can help it. Secondly, due to the horns on her head, Xibtrae cannot under any circumstances sleep on her back. She has to sleep on one side or the other. This took a lot of getting used to as a child, and she accidentally stabbed to uselessness her fair share of beds, an issue which lasted up until adolescence, when her horns grew too long for her to accidentally roll onto her back.

Likewise, if she's sharing a bed with a boyfriend or girlfriend, she has to sleep facing them or else she might stab them at night. This is pretty much a huge pain in the ass. To everyone, really.

Is your character physically active? How much do they or don't they move in a day? Do they have a set workout schedule (if so what is it and why did they choose it) or does their lifestyle keep them active?How do they and others feel about it.

Yes. As mentioned before, she's got a pretty face and an athletic body. Xibtrae does exercise regularly, spending up to two hours a day doing standard practices like push ups, crunches, jogging, and the like, and even a bit of non-standard practice unique to her: spiritual capacity training. Xibtrae will seem to meditate, but rather than focus on nothing at all, she'll focus on taking great deals of spiritual energy/Qi/chi into herself, 'til she's reached the limits of her body and soul's containment. The next time she does it, the limits are a tiny bit higher. During the battle in which she was trapped in her scythe, Xibtrae was able to wield one forth of her planet's spirit at once. Being trapped for thousands upon thousands of years, however, has brought her back to square one.

Do they have any allergies? Do they have any illnesses or diseases, how do they treat it and how do they feel about their condition?

Not too terribly often, no. Xibtrae was allergic to a few things on her planet, but those particular plants do not exist the human world.

Does your character abuse any substances (drugs alchohol ect) and why? Do others worry about them, do they care?

Nope. Xibtrae is very (accidentally) purist. Her society lacked many drugs, and alcohol was simply never invented. What they did have, however, were various drinks with hallucinogenic effects and various different dried plants which, when smoked, can have some pretty astonishing effects upon one's perceptive, intellectual, and spiritual capabilities. Unfortunately, Xibtrae was allergic to every single one of these plants. In the human world, she's only tried alcohol once, and it was far too strong, made her dizzy, gave her a mildly sick feeling in the pit of her stomach, and severely limited her inhibitions. It was an overall displeasing experience.

Also, Ange, why don't you answer these for one of your characters, too?
Zombzeh Nayt-o!
Brainmongler

Postby littlebean on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:43 pm

I wasn't going to unless somebody asked. If you want me to I will, which character(s) and which set of questions?
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Zombzeh Nayt-o! on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:20 pm

Henri-- and you could always do one with him per week like I do, starting with this week's questions.
Zombzeh Nayt-o!
Brainmongler

Postby littlebean on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:34 pm

Okie doke, Henri is a brand new character so I'm going to have to seriously work hard on this one. I hardly know the guy yet.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby littlebean on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:16 pm

1. Henri's diet is pretty average, with a fair amount of fruits and veggies in it. Most of the meat he eats is fish just because of how readily available it is. Recently Henri has taken to trying to eat healthier, but is struggling to change his diet and learn what is and isn't really good for you. Since his father's death (heart attack, he was a fatso) he's trying to exercise his willpower and eliminate things that are obviously junk like candies and cookies altogether. He doesn't know anything about fats calories sugars salts or anything of the sort but is sticking to what he thinks is the basics. No junkfood and eat your greens.

It's not because he's particularly vain and cares too much about how he looks, now he's just hyperaware of what he eats. His path to healthy living is a long one because he's a bit of a hypocrit and hasn't stopped drinking. Whiskey is a personal favourite of his, and his consumption of alchohol has actually increased with his father's death and the brand new fancy lighthouse to drink in.

2 Henri also sleeps naked. In the presence of another bro he'll wear boxers and a baggy t-shirt. I imagine it's cold in the winter months in River's End so in the colder seasons he'd be wearing flannel jammies. Henri's sleeping hours are kind of off ever since taking up the job of tending to the lighthouse. He can't sleep all day or else he won't sleep at night, but he's up at night tending the lighthouse and partying so he ends up sleeping through a large chunk of the day. He stays up during most of the night, he'd crawl out of bed around 1 or 2 ish. On the occasion he has to wake up early to run other errands you can find him taking naps in random ass places during the day later. Henri is very very not a morning person.

Aside from the hours he sleeps in and what he wears he's not a picky sleeper. When laying down and getting comfortably he -starts- sleeping on his side, but is an active sleeper and tosses and turns a lot so he ends up sleeping in any weird position. He's a heavy sleeper and can sleep anywhere and in any condition. Unless the noise and lights are literally BLARING he can sleep just fine.

3. Henri's lifestyle keeps him active enough. Like his eating habits he's trying to be more active and include workouts in his daily activities. He isn't too sure what kind of exercises to do and is too embarrassed to ask. When he has alone time he'll try to throw in some pushups and situps and jogs to and from the lighthouse. I assume that in the winter his activity would be limited, but maybe for kicks he'd run in the snow anyway. WHO KNOWS.

Swimming and climbing through short cuts on cliffs would be good exercise but I'm not sure what the situation with that is.

4 For no important reason Henri seems to have a cinnamon allergy. He sneezes a lot if he smells it, and get's a severely upset stomach and hives if he eats it. This makes Henri sad because as we all know, cinnamon is absolutely fucking delicious. He doesn't have any other problems or conditions.

5. Even though Henri isn't exactly a champ at holding his alcohol he drinks a lot anyway for a number of reasons. Socially if everyone else is drinking he will too, being drunk is fun, and I haven't established if he's the kind of person to drink away problems yet so I dunno about that one. I guess that's only 2 reasons really.

I know his mom would have a problem with it but since I'm not sure what kind of lady she is yet I don't know exactly why. Health reasons? Irresponsible, afraid he's gonna do something stupid? Beats me.

THATS THE BEST I COULD DO GUYS
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby littlebean on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:13 am

This weeks questions are going to be very simple, but it's still important to know.

What is your character's current situation in their life? What happens day to day, what are some major events and plots they are going through right now. How did they happen, what drove this plot forward and what are the reasons behind everything happening to them? How does your character feel/what do they think about what's happening? What do others think or feel about these happenings?

I wish more people would answer these questions. I'll reply for Henri later since he's such an incomplete character, I honestly haven't figured this out yet.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Next

Return to Off Topic