Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Questions of the Week

A board for casual, off topic discussion. So long as it is kept civil, anything can be discussed here.

Moderator: Paroxysm

Re: Questions of the Week

Postby littlebean on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:39 pm

I'm going to do one for the very first set of questions.

Henri is 5'11 and weighs 160 lbs. He has dark brown eyes and straight hair that falls a bit past his shoulders. His physique is pretty average, lean and muscular, not ripped to shit or nothin.

He wears a dark navy blue toque, and his fathers old jacket which is a hundred sizes too big but very warm. It's got a hoodie, grey on the inside, big buttons, lots of pocket space, really nice jacket. He wears a red plaid bandana because he has scars up the side of his neck from a hives breakout. He didn't want girls to think it was acne or anything gross and wore it until they healed, but then became used to it and feels naked without it. Under all that he's got a regular old light pinstripe button up shirt thing (whatever you wanna call it) and light brown slacks he wears tucked into his boots. He wears suspenders to hold his pants up because he considers belts to be kind of effeminate looking. In the colder weather he has a gray sweater that he wears. A lot of what he wears is cuz of the weather in Mercoras which I assume is cold and wet.

Im not too certain how he feels about his body. At first I imagine he didn't put too much thought into it, but ever since his dad's lardy death he'd probably start second guessing himself but never dare mention it. Also he's 19 and has a dick.

Edit: I forgot to write about his facial features. Henri has a medium longish rectangular shaped face with a longer more solid nose. He's got stern thick eyebrows and big brown eyes, and a longer mouth. That should cover it.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby littlebean on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:29 pm

If anyone is interested this week's questions are about your characters past. Last week we talked about where they are currently.

What happened to bring them to that point? Describe the events and what caused them. How does your character feel about those events and how did those events effect them? What was their childhood like?

WHAT HAPPENED!? Think of the who how where what whens and whys while answering this week's question.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby littlebean on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:39 pm

This week's question deals with the future. Betcha never saw it comin' AAANNNYYYYYWWWAAAAAAAYY

What are your character's aspirations for the future? What do they want to happen? What do they THINK will happen, what're the differences between the two?

What are their doubts, what don't they think will happen?

Forget about what THEY think, what do you as the writer know will lay in store for them?
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby littlebean on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:43 am

Urg, now that we're all resurfacing from the holidays, let's try this again with a simpler one.

Describe your character's routine, from the moment they wake up to the moment they go to bed. Try to include time. Can you describe their routine Sunday-Saturday through the whole week, do you know what their routine is every day? Do they and others like the routine, how do they feel about it? Is it a proper functional routine or a disastrous one?

If anyone is still doing these @_@
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Zombzeh Nayt-o! on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:24 am

I'm still doing these! I've just been needlessly busy over the last few weeks and haven't got to replying to the past four questions. Sorry 'bout that. I'm making up for that by replying to all of them.

littlebean wrote:What is your character's current situation in their life? What happens day to day, what are some major events and plots they are going through right now. How did they happen, what drove this plot forward and what are the reasons behind everything happening to them? How does your character feel/what do they think about what's happening? What do others think or feel about these happenings?

Xibtrae was trapped within her old weapon, a war scythe, via the Gaiasoul Concealment technique (a technique used to imprison gods that could not otherwise be killed). She remained trapped for tens of thousands of years, until, on Dystopia, a young girl by the name of Val, when fleeing a ravenous horde of shades, stumbled upon ruins of Greoul's Old Kingdom. There, she found an ancient and discarded war scythe. Awakened, Xibtrae offered to save the girl's life, but at a cost: the only thing Xibtrae could do was swap places with the girl, imprisoning the girl and freeing Xibtrae to dispose of the shades.

Turns out that tens of thousands of years of spiritual imprisonment kind of weakened her ability to make use of all her militia training, and Xibtrae kind of sort of had to run the hell away. Right now, she's traveling with a man named Garv, searching for a way to make good on her promise and swap back out with Val again. Unfortunately, Gaiasoul Concealment gets hairy when it comes to trapping non-gods (i.e. Val), requiring entirely different methods and techniques-- none of which Val or Xibtrae have any knowledge of.

Of course, no one but Val and Xibtrae know the truth about the matter. Xibtrae's been trying to keep that on the down-low and all.

littlebean wrote:What happened to bring them to that point? Describe the events and what caused them. How does your character feel about those events and how did those events effect them? What was their childhood like?

As has been said before, Xibtrae comes from a distant world. She and her people were descendants of gods, born tens of thousands of years before Death's population of Utopia. Each were born with distinct characteristics, with nearly ten times the defining genetics as human beings. Xibtrae was perhaps the closest in appearance to what we might call "normal."

She lived in a small town with her grandfather for the longest time, attending school up until her eighth year of life (the equivalent of fourteen on Utopia. Xibtrae's planet was a bit further from their sun than Utopia/Dystopia is). It was around that time that a cataclysm hit her town in the form of a great meteor, utterly annihilating it and everyone within-- whilst Xibtrae was out. She was just barely out of the way, on a distant hill overlooking town, and was nearly killed by the shockwave. The next thing she knew, she was drafted into her country's militia.

Turned out the meteor was a living creature. Over time, it had simply burrowed its way into their world. Xibtrae engaged herself to the militia for years, investigating the disturbance.

The whole experience was fairly traumatic for her, and left her in a pretty dark place for years. She rarely spoke a word to anyone until she was at the Utopian equivalent of sixteen, when a young man actually succeeded in making her laugh at something. From that point on, she progressively gained a social group or two, ultimately making her life a wee bit happier.

Because I might actually make a plot out of this someday, I'll leave it at this: she wound up getting into a fight with an otherwise powerful foe, who, unable to defeat Xibtrae, weakened her enough to use the Gaiasoul Concealment technique to trap her within her own war scythe, effectively imprisoning her for tens of thousands of years. She was the familiar weapon of Death for some time, but was eventually lost in a battle he was hard pressed to win. Passed from collector to collector, she was inevitably lost in spiritual hibernation within Greoul's Old Kingdom, long before its collapse--and was lost within its ruins for easily hundreds to thousands of years beyond that.

littlebean wrote:What are your character's aspirations for the future? What do they want to happen? What do they THINK will happen, what're the differences between the two?

Right now, Xibtrae's aspirations are fairly simple: switch out with Val. Not only is that what she wants to happen (though admittedly, Xibtrae kind of enjoys being free of her prison, so she kind of wants to stay outside for a little while longer), but it's generally what she thinks is going to happen, too.

littlebean wrote:What are their doubts, what don't they think will happen?

Xibtrae's pretty sure she won't find a means of freeing Val without trapping herself in the process. She doubts the possibility so much that she isn't even bothering to look into the idea.

littlebean wrote:Forget about what THEY think, what do you as the writer know will lay in store for them?

After a couple of conversations with Zach whilst he was visiting Manda and I, it's been deduced that Xibtrae is probably going to engage in a romantic relationship with Garv Phibrizzo.

littlebean wrote:Describe your character's routine, from the moment they wake up to the moment they go to bed. Try to include time. Can you describe their routine Sunday-Saturday through the whole week, do you know what their routine is every day? Do they and others like the routine, how do they feel about it? Is it a proper functional routine or a disastrous one?

At this point, Xibtrae has a very basic routine. She wakes up, eats breakfast, hikes, makes camp with Garv, eats dinner, and sleeps. Sometimes they come across interesting things, but that's about it, for the most part.

Way back when, though, she had a fairly strict regiment. She'd wake up at sunrise, eat, exercise, spar, and exercise some more until about dinner (sundown), after which, she'd have the evening free to do as she pleased. Most of that time was spent with friends. That's how it was for most warriors in her country; everyone was accustomed to it, even her. The point was to be at top condition at all times.

Incidentally, being trapped for thousands of years had a time-stopping effect for her. When she was released, she was in the same physical condition as she was before being trapped, but lacked the mental faculties to make use of her limbs, let alone any technique she'd ever learned.
Zombzeh Nayt-o!
Brainmongler

Postby littlebean on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:38 pm

You have been doing a shit ton of posting and then you answered every question. Do your fingers burst into flame from all the typing you do? Seriously dood. Thanks for answering the questions though! I'll think of more next week, although I'm running pretty low on ideas, cuz you can only ask so much. I think once the question well runs dry for me you can take over.

I will also answer all these questions for Henri in the form of a COMPLETED CHARACTER SHEET instead of the lazy piece of shit I have up now. Just so you know. <:

How were your Holidays?
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby littlebean on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:01 pm

Who are your character's parents siblings and relatives. What are they like? How does your character get along with them?

What do the siblings parents and relatives think of your character? Describe your character's home life and how the family functions. What would be a typical day for your character's family.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby littlebean on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:08 am

I'm running out of questions soon, so if Nate wants to carry them on when I'm done he can and if he doesn't want to he can throw it over to someone else and so on and so forth. I have like, 3..4 ish? more questions and I'm debating if the third/fourth one is appropriate because it involves sex and I can't ask those questions without it being weird.

ANYWAY this week tell me about where your character is from. What's their country and city called? What kind of house do they live in, what's the weather and natural environment (geography I suppose?) where they live like? Describe the culture and the people as thoroughly as you can.

I guess this is pretty vague but ya, just tell me as much about where they are as you can. You could say "my character is from ching chong wing wong in cizok and everyone there has slanty eyes." or you could go into huge detail about what they eat where they get in what kind of jobs are popular how their relations are with other countries what is and isn't against the law ect ect

Just go nuts.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby littlebean on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:45 pm

Since I won't be online for awhile this week's question is coming a bit early.

What is their religion/faith? Do they have any stern beliefs about the world's creation, certain gods or way's to behave? Do they believe in heaven, hell, afterlives?

Actually I think this is a pretty lame question. For those of you who don't want to answer that dumb question...

Choose a character( or a few) that your character knows or is involved in your character's life or plot. Where in the story do they appear, what's their significance, how do they affect the outcome of whatever is happening? What events are they involved in, what does your character think/feel about them and why.

And holy fuck I guess that's all I can think of. So....floor's all yours Nate.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Zombzeh Nayt-o! on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:34 pm

littlebean wrote:Who are your character's parents siblings and relatives. What are they like? How does your character get along with them?

What do the siblings parents and relatives think of your character? Describe your character's home life and how the family functions. What would be a typical day for your character's family.

As I mentioned before, prior all hell breaking loose on her home world, Xibtrae lived with her grandfather, a man by the name of Harzo. She never knew her parents, both of which presumably died within two years after her birth. During her childhood, Harzo was the most influential man in her life. He was a storyteller and she as a child always thought of him as some great prophet. He told her stories at night to help her sleep, doted on her all through her education, and cooked for the two of them almost every night. Harzo was a family man, after all, and with the rest of his family deceased or distant, raising Xibtrae to be a proud, responsible, honest, and intelligent person essentially became his life's purpose.

A typical day in their life was fairly ordinary, but extraordinarily comforting for Xibtrae. She'd come home, they'd talk about the things she'd learned that day, they'd begin chatting about fiction (which Harzo always worked a good life lesson into), Harzo would make dinner for the both of them, and the aforementioned chatting would go on until Harzo shooed Xibtrae off to bed. Naturally, Xibtrae had some chores that she had to take care of, mostly keeping the house clean, and she never complained about it too much, even during her awkward "tween" (or at least what would be considered "tween" on Dystopia) years.

littlebean wrote:ANYWAY this week tell me about where your character is from. What's their country and city called? What kind of house do they live in, what's the weather and natural environment (geography I suppose?) where they live like? Describe the culture and the people as thoroughly as you can.

Outside of her hometown of Sengurk, a rural town set in a low basin, Xibtrae was a citizen of the Osinaia Kingdom. One of many organized civilizations on her home world, Osinaia prided itself in its military prowess, but generally failed as a world power. How? Well, they may have had the strongest military might in the world, but it wasn't at all unified, even during the Seeker incident. Collectively, Osinaia was extremely powerful, but with it mostly separated into city-states and unrelated, disconnected townships, it lacked the organization to mobilize.

This had everything to do with a long line of emperors that busied themselves and their courts with trivial inter-court drama, rather than actually pay attention to anything going out outside of their own fields of vision.

Geographically speaking, Osinaia was set in a fairly moderate part of the world. It had half a continent to itself and was nearly on the world's equator. It saw every climate change the world had to offer, but only had about four cooler months out of the year. The middle of their country was fairly flat while the outer edges were ridged and mountainous. They never saw a drought. In fact, the mid-country saw a good deal of flooding with their fairly high annual precipitation.

Notably, most plants on Xibtrae's homeworld were mildly phosphorus, giving them all varying blue colors, unlike Dystopia's green. Literally every single one of them would have been poisonous to humans, but Xibtrae's people were more than capable of consuming such flora.

Since I've made many a rant on the subject in most of the earlier questions, I'll skip out on describing Xibtrae's culture. I've pretty much covered it all already.

littlebean wrote:What is their religion/faith? Do they have any stern beliefs about the world's creation, certain gods or way's to behave? Do they believe in heaven, hell, afterlives?

Xibtrae and her people firmly believed in the collective spirit. This belief entailed that all souls were recycled through the world itself. Dying was merely returning to the planet-- one giant collective spirit --which would eventually return your soul to another vessel some time later. The belief system also acknowledged the collective spirit as being limited. The collective spirit was only so large. They believed that excessive births drew too harshly upon the collective spirit, and frequently blamed natural disasters on that-- explaining a disaster as the planet becoming weak from the populous overdrawing from it far too much, and therefore, to prevent itself from collapsing, it kills to maintain balance.

littlebean wrote:I'm debating if the third/fourth one is appropriate because it involves sex and I can't ask those questions without it being weird.

It's appropriate. Sexuality is an important aspect for a character. And we're all adults here, we don't have to stifle a giggle every time someone says the word "sex." Well . . . most of us don't, anyhow. Feel free to ask the sexuality question next week.
Zombzeh Nayt-o!
Brainmongler

Postby littlebean on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Okie doke, thank you for answering all these questions <33333

I'm making notes on Henri's character as we speak, once I draw a better picture of him I'll have a proper sheet up for him after that.

I was uncomfortable asking the sex questions because on some sites people think I'm a huge pervert for asking. Go figure. Anyway, after next week's sexuality question if you want you can have Questions of the Week since I'm all out of ideas after that, if you don't want it you can give it to somebody else.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby littlebean on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:27 pm

I'm online briefly, since I dunno when I'll be on next this is the final question from me.

Alex, post in River's End if you want, I'll get back to you.

SOOOOO SEX!!!!

What way does your character swing? What is their sexual appetite like? Do they get it and pursue it often? What are their views on sex? (Why do they have it, what do they believe is and isn't right) Is it important to them, why or why not?

What do they look for in a partner? What physical features do they find attractive? What gets them going? Do they have any strange fetishes?

What will they NEVER do?

(Working on the fancy new sheet now guys.)
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby littlebean on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:35 pm

That is okay because this entire rp is entirely out of my comfort zone.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby littlebean on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:28 am

Answered all the questions and updated Henri's character sheet, gnight.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Zombzeh Nayt-o! on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:32 am

littlebean wrote:What way does your character swing? What is their sexual appetite like? Do they get it and pursue it often? What are their views on sex? (Why do they have it, what do they believe is and isn't right) Is it important to them, why or why not?

Xibtrae is bisexual, but mostly straight, much like the majority of her people. Rarely were anyone purely heterosexual, though pure homosexuality was even rarer. For the most part, though sexuality was unregulated, one sought to procreate--thus, a man most often mated for life with a woman, and vice versa, while homosexual couplings were usually short lived.

Though Xibtrae is a fairly modest person, she does have a fairly average sex drive for a woman her age. She may have technically aged for thousands upon thousands of years, but her body is still youthful, and the hormones produced are still the same as what Utopia would see in a 25 year old woman. That said, if she's in a relationship with someone, and she likes that person enough to sleep with them, Xibtrae enjoys sex. If she's in a sexual relationship with another person, she is not against actively pursuing sexual activity every so often-- say, two or three times a week. She's not ravenous, but she's not exactly shy, either. She has sex, obviously, because it's an enjoyable physical act, especially with someone she's emotionally very fond of, but she can be very judgmental of women that sleep with different people at a high frequency.

littlebean wrote:What do they look for in a partner? What physical features do they find attractive? What gets them going? Do they have any strange fetishes?

Xibtrae has a preference for men and a preference for women. For men, she prefers masculine men. She does not like being in a romantic relationship with someone she physically outclasses. She likewise prefers masculine personalities. Masculine men with vaguely feminine personalities don't attract her at all. For women, it's the exact opposite. She's attracted to cute, feminine, and dainty women.

Self confidence and self esteem is important all around. A lack of self esteem or confidence will just garner pity from Xibtrae and probably have a person friend-zoned for life.

Though Xibtrae does not have any strange fetishes, she is infinitely ignorant to the machinations of human sexuality. She has never heard of these things humans call fellatio and cunnilingus, and she would be very wary of them were someone to explain.

Incidentally, in her current plot, wherein she has not had physical contact with another person for thousands of years, she could be very easily coerced into sleeping with someone. At this point, all the person has to do is be kind to her, be friends with her, and make enough physical contact with her-- harmless contact, really --over the course of a few days, at which point, he'd merely have to offer the idea to her and she'd more than likely say little more than "please."

littlebean wrote:What will they NEVER do?

Anything terribly unnatural or excessively fetishist. Also oral sex. The whole notion would seem extremely dirty and unappealing to her in every feasible way.
Zombzeh Nayt-o!
Brainmongler

Previous

Return to Off Topic