Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Urgent News.

A board for casual, off topic discussion. So long as it is kept civil, anything can be discussed here.

Moderator: Paroxysm

Urgent News.

Postby marvel. on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:17 pm

This is relating to Ike, the hurricane in the Gulf right now, and that I'mma have to put all my RPs on Dystopia on pause, and on all the other RP sites I'm on (I'll let those know respectively) -- they'll all get nifty little threads of their own on their sites.

Anyway.

Yeah, so that's that. Just basically consider my characters Idle after the current "turn" in the threads, and then I'll see if I can't pick up where I left off. You don't have to wait on me, you may continue as necessary, and I'll just play "catch up" when I get back.

I've gotta move somewhere else for the next few days, likely, latest of Friday, 'cause Ike's comin' in and he might be comin' in pretty hard. So I gotta "evac."

Well, that's that.
marvel.
Belligerent Beaver

Re: Urgent News.

Postby Mandaz on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:20 pm

OMG Good luck! I hope everything works out for the better.
Mandaz
Delicious Retard

Postby Alex on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:20 am

Good luck. Hopefully Ike is as much a pussy as Gustav and Hanna.
Need RP? Send [me] a PM.
Alex
Better than Nate

Postby littlebean on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:51 am

EEEK! Good luck I hope everything turns out okay! Maybe it won't be as bad as everyone is making it out to be hopefully.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Zombzeh Nayt-o! on Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:08 am

Oh, shit. I wish you the best of luck, man. Hopefully--yeah, I'm hopin' that, like Alex said, Ike turns out to be a pussy like those other two.
Zombzeh Nayt-o!
Brainmongler

Postby marvel. on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:38 pm

Aw man, I appreciate all the love and support, guys. But, I've got some pretty good news:

It looks like Ike is changing course, and won't be hitting in the direct path of where I live in Texas. He might be detouring some, so I may not have to move out, and it looks like I'll be pretty safe here at home. Either way, the final decision will be made sometime tomorrow, and nothing's for sure yet: on moving/staying, etc.

For tonight I'll be keeping an eye on the news, and I'll make my final decision tomorrow before he comes up on land. Weather here is pretty okay, just some winds, nothing major. It is getting a little humid, but that's common with hurricanes. x_o

In any case, thanks, and I'll keep you guys updated. I'm still "away" from the RP side of stuff, so if it's my turn in anything go ahead and skip me, it's no biggie. I'll keep everyone updated as I learn stuff.
marvel.
Belligerent Beaver

Postby Angel on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:40 pm

I'm also living in texas but I'm in a city taking in evacuees I hope you don't end up stranded where you live. Ike looks to be turning but I've got family that is in the direct path or was.
Angel
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby marvel. on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:34 am

Oh, hello fellow Texan! I don't meet many of you's online in the RP community. It's good to know I've got +1 Texan friend 'round.

And yeah, I don't think I'll end up stranded, but I appreciate it. Could I bum a couch if I do? :D

jkjk.

But, I hope your family is out safely. I'm just outside Austin, but if it comes down to it I'll be leaving tomorrow sometime - once we know more 'bout Ike and his direction, and stuff.
marvel.
Belligerent Beaver

Postby Angel on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:40 am

I'm in San Antonio so it probably would have hit me hard if he came in. I'm hoping he fizzles before then though.

*waves at the fellow texan*
Angel
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Zombzeh Nayt-o! on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:41 am

It's good to hear that, man. I was pretty worried, there. Hopefully it stays off course.
Zombzeh Nayt-o!
Brainmongler

Postby marvel. on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:42 pm

Yeah, I hope so, too, Nate. I hope so, too.

And @ Angel, haha, wow. You're pretty close by. I'm just outside of Austin, few minutes from NB and Kyle. Right in the middle.

Anyway, to all; it seems like he's not gonna get me but it's still a waiting game. =/
marvel.
Belligerent Beaver

Postby Angel on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:35 pm

Yeah, we're not too far a drive away. I'm not sure which quadrant of San Antonio I'm in, but I know I'm in a part that is outside of San Antonio but still a drives distance from it.
Angel
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby marvel. on Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:05 pm

Alright, guys.
I'm okay, and nothing major happened. I got some rain and winds, but nothing serious.
I drew the lucky straw, but not all of Texas is as fortunate...
But, on a lighter note; let's get this RP bus back on the road.
marvel.
Belligerent Beaver

Postby Angel on Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:13 pm

when the rains did hit san antonio x.x hehehe not so lucky I got caught out in it and now got a blasted cold x.x as of today.

You're lucky Marvel, you lucked out of anything major.
Angel
Badminton Enthusiast

Return to Off Topic