Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Ello! =D

A board for casual, off topic discussion. So long as it is kept civil, anything can be discussed here.

Moderator: Paroxysm

Ello! =D

Postby Constantine on Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:38 am

Hey guys, I am new to this site but it looks pretty boss. Check out my character viewtopic.php?f=27&t=98

Tell me what you think. I am open to constructive criticism, but if you feel like being a jerk feel free. You just might yourself on the receiving end of a Brain Bomb XD

If ya feel like you wanna talk to me more, YIM is drago_katros_darkheart
Constantine
Superfluous New Waver

Re: Ello! =D

Postby Mandaz on Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:01 am

Glad you found interest in the site! You've got a pretty neat character there, but I'm wondering if he isn't a little too powerful? Most of the role play here is mild powers, further explained here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7
Mandaz
Delicious Retard

Postby Constantine on Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:37 pm

Thanks pal =D I am always lookin for new sites to RP on. My friend is commin with me, and we are doin a Syker Duo xP

In some aspects, his powers are rather...extreme and deadly, but as I said if he cant see you, he cant harm you. Take out his eyes and well...he is as useful as a wet diaper on a baby. He isnt the type of fellow to go round blastin peoples heads off. These powers arent just one shot-one kill powers, it takes a few uses usually for someone to get Brain Bombed. That costs energy, my friend. Most of those powers take some good concentration and what we Sykers call Killinghams, the metric unit of "Strain" or Energy Sykers have. Some of those powers are Upkeep powers--meaning if he locks on Body Control it just isnt turned on, but he has to keep taps mentally on the energy he is using for it. I'm just the brawn, Tira is the brains.

Not to mention, we Sykers get this nasty syndrome named BrainBurn. BrainBurn happens when we aren't able to pull off the needed concentration to use our powers. Some of us get some headaches and look like a zombie...well, others head's just pop from the stress. This happens alot if a Syker goes over his maximum Energy limit. Just like a sorcerer has his magical joo joo energy he can only use so much of, so does a Syker.

Just be glad we have old tech here, Brainer. Coz if it was up to par with now-a-days tech with some fantasy thrown in, the TSAR would be your worst nightmare. A basic Assault Rifle with a cord from the stock. From the stock, you pull it out and show off this fancy three-inch needle. Guess where that goes? That's right, your temple, directly into your brain. After a moment of concentration and spending some strain, a Syker loads a special bullet called a Gyrojet into the gun and finds his target. After that moment is done, you pull the trigger. The bullet, linked with your mind goes for insta-head shots.

As cool as thought sounds, I wanted me a nice old school pistol that is likely to back fire as it is to kill.

Wow, I sort of rambled...didnt I? XD
Constantine
Superfluous New Waver

Postby Memory of a Tragedy. on Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:35 pm

Little bit.
Memory of a Tragedy.
Belligerent Beaver

Postby tjra on Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:53 pm

I tried to tell ya he might be a bit too powerful. ;P

Name's Tjra by the way, but you can tall me Tira or just Tii, since its a bit hard to pronounce. Kon's right in saying I'm the brains of this outfit, don't anybody forget it.

My skills lie in creating illusions in the mind, be it as simple as adjusting the scenery to making myself invisible, even changing a memory or simply getting the inside scoop on what's going on inside your head. But like Kon said, I need a lot of concentration to pull most any of it off. And the drain on my strength generally puts me in a foul mood for the rest of the day, so beware ebil grumpy Tii >D

Check out my post at viewtopic.php?t=102 for more about me..as I'm wondering if my abilities are a bit too advanced too. My main limiting factor? Only being able to use my abilities a few times before needing some serious vacation time to revitalize. It's like using a charge card - except if you go over your credit limit you won't just pay a fee - best case scenario, its like being hung over from the biggest, longest party of your life for the next three days. And on the other end, there's a gruesome death the likes of which I don't quite feel like getting in to - it turns even my stomach sour.
tjra
Superfluous New Waver

Return to Off Topic