It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Christonian Nights (Past)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:47 am 
Storyteller

Christonian Nights, page 6

Profile  •  •  
 •  
 Post subject: Re: Christonian Nights (Past)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:49 am 
Delicious Retard

An exasperated sigh could be heard echoing from down the hall Hyan called, followed by the sound of shuffling boxes, papers, and closing drawers. The nurse emerged from an open door down the way with another clip board in her arms, though it was unknown whether it was the same one she had grabbed when she left or a new file all together. The familiar noise of her ominous footsteps seemed to shout out her frustration to the entire building. It would appear that this woman had a very poor tolerance for dilly-dallying, or was just a stone cold bitch. She stood before Hyan, still focused on the papers in her hand that she scribbled on mercilessly, only half paying attention to her superior, but given enough of her time to make an appearance and prepare a small speech.

“Doctor, I hope this is urgent. If we let this paperwork back up as much as it has been, I don’t even need to tell you the consequences. Files are what keep a simple case of chickenpox from becoming a ruptured spleen. Files are how we make our money. And above everything else, files are written proof that we should not be arrested for malpractice.”

With this said she tapped the doctor on the nose with her pen, leaving a slightest black dot. Small enough to be subtle but completely noticeable.

Profile  •  •  
 •  
Olympic Badminton Champion

"Y-yeah . .!" Eri exclaimed in conjunction with Cyril, "I don't need a spee--"

Eri cut herself off almost immediately. She didn't want to agree with what Cyril said, even though it was true. She didn't remember that night, but she didn't want to admit that Cyril was entirely at fault. She liked him; loved him, in fact--if anything, she wanted to blame the both of them, maybe, or neither of them at all. Talking about it as if it was someone's fault suggested that her pregnancy may have been a bad thing.

"Ah, it's fine. I don't remember my first time, either," Hyan noted, having turned around just enough to look at them, before turning back around to face the direction Eri-Mai was coming from.

Nervously, Eri looked up to Cyril, a small, shy, uncomfortable laugh escaping her. Hyan . . . was right about that, and Eri's reaction solidified it; she hadn't told Cyril before, but technically, what they experienced was her first time. Strangely, she lacked any hymen with which to break, but either way, Cyril had been the one to take her virginity. Hyan knew almost everything about her health; he was off by only about four or five years, but in that time, she'd only had one romantic interest other than Cyril, and she hadn't gotten all that far with him.

The second Eri heard her old mentor near, she looked dead on at the nurse, sweating now as if she were about to run headlong into a battle she was guaranteed to lose. Hyan silently stepped to the side (though, not before wrinkling his nose and looking to Eri-Mai was an expression of faux hurt) and turned around, leaving all eyes on Eri. The pink haired Kato looked to Hyan, then to Eri-Mai, then to Cyril, only to realize that she couldn't possibly escape this. For a moment, she was silent, nervous, her right hand shaking and fingers drumming in the air.

"W-well, um . . . I--well, um, E-Eri-Mai, um, w-well--o-one of the main reasons I'm here, um . . . we-well, y-you see, I--" Eri stumbled over her words for the entire sentence, "I-I'm, um, I'm gonna have, um, uh, I'm g-going to have a baby . . ."

The sentence ended, Eri shut her eyes tightly and braced for the verbal impact of a speech related to why she should have had safe sex and why she should have listened to them . . .

Profile  •  •  
 •  
Almost Famous

"Well..."

Cyril didn't continue. It wasn't for fear of having his shame exposed to the world, at least as far as he was concerned. Rather, he didn't want to be selfish. This was Eri's time, and he didn't need to ruin her reunion with anger, especially since Hyanusa didn't seem to notice what had happened. As far as Cyril was concerned, anyway, there was only one person in the world he needed forgiveness from. Well, technically, maybe two, but it was going to be quite a long time before he could forgive himself.

"...And we want to bring the baby up with a decent life. Which is why we're starting here, to have you two check things out..."

Cyril added on to Eri's statement, hoping to divert any attention away from her getting the lecture she dreaded. However, his mind wandered to realize something important... This was the first time he'd actually spoken about the baby directly...

Profile  •  •  
 •  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:50 am 
Delicious Retard

Eri-Mai directed her attention to the pink-haired girl, showing a bit more patience with her than she had with the doctor. Though it was obvious that her tolerance was wearing thin, especially when there was work to be done. She tapped her foot in rhythm, and held a look in her eyes that urged Eri to speak her words quickly while she had her attention. The girl stuttered and stumbled over her words, but Eri-Mai stayed calm, she did have a particular liking for the girl, anyway. Once the important words spilled from her mouth, the nurse’s expression quickly changed from one of mild boredom to a pure white slate, as if she had just seen a ghost.

“M-Mizuki! How long have you known? Why didn’t you come to us sooner? Oh my, you’re just so young, I…”

She became jittery and talkative, almost completely going against her nature once news of Eri’s pregnancy hit her ears. She placed both hands on the young girl’s shoulders, looking into her eyes with a face of shock, disbelief, and slight joy. Before she got too excited though, there was a very important detail that needed to be dealt with, one that would cause the couple some trouble if they weren’t careful with this information.

“Does your mother know?”

Profile  •  •  
 •  
Olympic Badminton Champion

Eri's nervousness had faded a bit after Eri-Mai's reaction. She was able to smile a bit--not out of anxiety, but out of contentment. Still, though, she was nervous--and had every right to be.

". . . u-um, we-well, you see . . ." she still had trouble wording things out, though, "Seeru-kun and I ran into some trouble and . . . w-well, it's taken care of now, but . . . it took a little while . . ."

At the mention of her mother, Eri looked away, focusing upon the floor--or not focusing at all, rather. Beforehand, she had been nervous and worrying about how Eri-Mai would react to the news. Now, though . . . now she was worried about a whole different subject. Hyan glanced at his nurse; he had an idea as to why she was asking. Truth be told, Hyan was curious, too. Cyril would be unsure why, but that was fine. These were bad memories that Hyan had no intentions of bringing back up so long as it was unnecessary. Eri silently shook her head shook her head.

"N-no . . . she doesn't know . . ." Eri replied quietly, "I-I'm not going to tell her, either . . ."

Profile  •  •  
 •  
Almost Famous

Cyril didn't know exactly why, but he had a good idea why Eri didn't want to tell her mother, and he was just fine with that. The baby already had a good grandmother. He didn't really want their child to be involved with Houyori, anyway. She was the kind of person who would make sure the child was raised her way, even if she had to murder Cyril and Eri both...

"We're going to make sure to do this right..."

Cyril had a long list of people that didn't need to ever know what was going on with his life again. In fact, it would be easier to just shut out his entire life except for the much shorter list of people he did want to tell. He had a feeling Eri's life was similar. She wanted to tell her sisters and her doctors and nurse, but was there anyone else? He wasn't entirely sure how she could even tell her sisters without telling her mother, but... Well, that was her decision, as long as it was safe...

Profile  •  •  
 •