Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Smooth Surfaces

All roleplay that is not part of the Utopian/Dystopian canon goes here. This includes a range of subject matters, such as science fiction, modern, and subject matters regarding alternate universes (such as Ayenee, Valucre, and etc.).

Re: Smooth Surfaces

Postby Ramlock on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:26 pm

Zed leaned against the kitchen counter as Sophie went to the radio, thinking it just a bit odd. He'd never seen a radio with a timer like that... At least not without being an alarm clock. That's probably all it was. Just strange to think of someone liking the radio so much they would set it on a timer...

"You're welcome. Just... Try not to let things get to you for a while."

Zed didn't say anything as Sophie poured her next cup, his eyes meeting hers as she poured the coffee. Things ran through his mind that... Were perhaps not the best at the moment. He had a lot on his mind, but still... He knew he was going to call Sophie soon enough.

"I think I should get going. I'll run Aron along if you're not comfortable with him here while you're alone."
Ramlock
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:19 pm

She turned the music down. Wishing she could shake her head at herself for such a piss poor excuse, then again, she loved her music.

“I hear ya. Just wish it was that easy you know? Lettin stuff just roll off your back as if you didn't care.” She smiled a bit, that wasn't really her style because simply put....she did care. However, when she caught his eye her breath quickly became captured in her throat and a dull blush rushed to her cheeks.

Clearing her throat though, she quickly composed herself. “Shame you have to leave so early.” She winked at him. It wasn't like he had been with her all night or anything. A quiet chuckle escaped her lips at her own thoughts.

She “shooed” the door before speaking. “I'm not worried about him. In fact, I think we may need to talk Aron and I. Straighten a few things out. I suppose if he gets out of line again and won't leave, I can always call the police.” The sheer thought of being in police presence caused a chill to creep up her side, and quickly she moved around the counter to Zeds side.
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Ramlock on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:06 pm

"Just a matter of practice. Your life may depend on letting something roll away someday..."

Zed shrugged, feeling a bit uncomfortable around Sophie on thinking about it. His job and even his life depended on his ability to take things in stride, and not betray emotions. At least, to show the right emotions for a given situation. Except when he was just acting for fun. Whether he could actually switch modes was another question...

"Good, but be careful around Aron, especially now that you've got a bit of a warning. You can never be sure when someone is going to show you something you never recognized in them."

Zed didn't make a move for the door, despite saying he should go. He seemed to want to tarry just a bit...
Ramlock
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:25 pm

She shrugged his words off. Mainly because, he had no idea how hard it was for her to find people she could really trust...people that wouldn't question some of her strange behavior..people that would respect her secrets..and not pry..

She did however note that he wasn't attempting to actually make his exit just yet, and in all honesty she was glad of it. “I'm not really sure how to thank you for all of this. As simple as your actions may seem, they are ginormous to me.” She laughed a bit at her choice of words, but none the less allowed her gaze to linger upon Zed.

“Believe it or not, I don't really have many friends.” Her smile slowly melted away, and her gaze lingered on the floor now. “I guess you could say I have some trust issues.” Quickly her eyes, now softer, found his. “You've been a breath of fresh air to me. One that is much needed.” She emphasized the word “is” hinting that this wouldn't be the last time she wished to see him.

“I'm not a bad person.” The flash of the dead mans body scorched her mind as her eyes fell closed...damning the tears up. “I do for Aron what I can...it's just growing to not be enough for him anymore.” For some reason, she felt she needed him to understand....least as best as she could explain it to him. “Anyway.” She ran her hand over her face as she inhaled deeply. “You didn't have to do all this for me, basically a stranger...but you did anyway, and for that I am grateful, and...hopefully, found a new friend.”

She leaned into him. If he were not to move away, he would get a feint waft of her lovely scent as her lips found his cheek. She allowed them to linger there for a moment, for more then just a peck, before her lips grazed his ear as she whispered to him. “Thank you.”
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Ramlock on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Zed didn't move as Sophie approached him, letting her lips cross his cheek and travel close to his ear. He would certainly be calling again... He'd be stupid not to. Or stupid to do so. Really, it was hard to say...

"You're welcome..."

Zed considered staying once more, and finally decided this would be the best note to end the day on. If Sophie could handle herself with an interloper on her porch, he was satisfied to let her... Perhaps despite his best instincts. The kid outside was probably harmless, but if he wasn't...

"Just be careful. I'm sure you'll find more good friends at some point."

Putting his arms around Sophie's shoulders for a moment, he would pause, before eventually making his way towards the door...
Ramlock
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:21 pm

As his arm enveloped her shoulders, she wrapped her own around his waist. And when he moved toward the door, she stayed at his side, her arm still circled around him. “Make no mistake Aron is a good friend, he's just confused....or blinded...or maybe even both.”

Again her lips curled upward as she looked up at Zed. What an interesting turn of events. Truth was, she didn't really think she deserved to meet someone like him. Nor someone like Aron...not with her secrets...not with her past...

“I really do look forward to hearing from you soon. I hope you don't make me wait too long.” Her smile turned into a grin as she slid her arm from around him being sure that her fingertips eased over his back as she did so.

Her expression almost saddened when she realized that they were standing in front of the door. She looked at it and back at Zed, as if offering him once last chance to say he didn't want to leave. She wasn't going to hint again she wanted to him stay. Nothing was more pathetic then a woman begging for companionship....right?
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Ramlock on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:00 pm

Zed smiled, though he seemed a bit uncomfortable suddenly. Something didn't quite sit right with him, and it might not make a lot of sense to her... But he finished hugging Sophie, looking down at her with the smile still on his face.

"I'll call you. Just be careful who you associate yourself with. And take care of yourself..."

Zed let Sophie go, opening the front door with his eyes alert. He didn't expect Aron to rush the door or anything like that... More than likely, he would simply step past Aron, pulling the door shut behind him and not saying a word. He wouldn't turn around again to look at the apartment until he was past the stairs and Aron. If Aron had an eye for detail, however, he might notice something in the morning sun as Zed walked by. There was a ring of slightly less tanned flesh around the base of Zed's right ring finger...
Ramlock
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:13 pm

She stood in the doorway for a spell, watching him as he walked away. It would seem Aron had already made his exit for the day, and she was certain she would be hearing from him sooner than later. Not wanting to risk looking pathetic, she turned and closed the door behind her being sure to lock it back up tight. It was kind of funny; Zed worried she may not be comfortable with him alone…while he was the one who spent the night with a killer…

She felt tears sting her eyes at the thought. No…that wasn’t her. She wasn’t a killer. It was an accident. A horrible accident she had to make sure never happened again. Breathing in deeply she headed toward the kitchen. She wasted no time diving into cleaning up the mess she had made with breakfast to keep her mind busy.

Sadly it took less time to clean up then she thought it might. Satisfied with her work, she grabbed a cup of coffee and headed toward her living room. She snuggled into the corner, her fingers curled around the cup as she sipped the steamy hot liquid. Her mind was in a million places all at once, not particularly a good thing. Closing her eyes, she took in another deep breath and thought about the good time she had with good company. Stress free, no expectations. It was really nice for a change. Truth be told she hoped he kept true to his word and called her soon, but for now…

Picking up her phone she dialed in the only number she knew other than her own by heart.

“Hey Aron…”
Skylar
Almost Famous

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous Roleplay