Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Discretion

All roleplay that is not part of the Utopian/Dystopian canon goes here. This includes a range of subject matters, such as science fiction, modern, and subject matters regarding alternate universes (such as Ayenee, Valucre, and etc.).

Re: Discretion

Postby King on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:31 pm

I wasn't surprised. I didn't bother hiding the file at my apartment, so I was positive they'd seen it before their unfortunate accident. My eyes drifted toward her as she spoke, yet surprisingly, I didn't hurry. I didn't speed out of the motel and try to gun it to the highway, nor did my pulse quicken from a sudden adrenaline rush. She was right - I was crushed.

"They just killed my girlfriend," I said almost casually. Several firetrucks sped by, accompanied by a handful of police cars. "Well, ex-girlfriend. We broke up the night we figured out they found us. Looks like they caught up to her."

I extended my hand as we backed out. "Give me your phone. They can track us through them." The moment she put it in my hand I would have chucked it out the window, along with my own. "There's been a change of plans. We'll be heading out to the country for a little bit. I've got a place out there where we can relax and think." Yeah, I needed to do a lot of that.

As we drove, I spoke again. "If they know you're with me then they know you'll be harder to track down. They'll spare no quarters and any mistake will be punishable by death; you get me?" I glanced at her just to make eye contact. "At any rate, I know this may sound a little impossible but just relax. I'm not going to let anything happen to you, Meg. Feel free to take a nap - we'll be at the safehouse in a few hours."
King
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby .deceitful. on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:45 pm

From time to time, the man bought me a drink.

I accepted them, but only pretended to actually drink them. I kept my eye on him. It seemed like he was doing the same, somehow through a shroud of drunken haze, his eyes shrewdly cut my way constantly.

After a while, I figure it was time to bring the cat and mouse to a close. He'd disappeared, to the bathroom he said, and after a moment or two, I followed. I dont know why. I didnt have anything in particular in mind, didnt have a plan or anything of the sort. I knew there were questions I wanted to ask him, but...

Something was telling me to follow him, that's all; it was a feeling I couldn't shake.

I made my way to the back, brushing through the crowded little bar. I rounded the corner, and strolled down the little hallway. As I approached the bathroom door, I could hear his voice on the other side. I paused, listening through the raggedy obstruction.

" -- know why he's following me! I did everything you said!"

A pause. The voice came again, a pleading tone splicing the drunken tone.

"Look, i'll make it right ok?! I'll this detective disappear -- tonight! You gotta give me another chance!"

My heart skipped a beat. Was he talking about me? Why would he need me to disappear? I frowned for what seemed like the fiftieth time today. So he thought I was following him... I'd heard enough to confirm my suspicions.

I turned to leave but the hard knot in my back warned me that might not be the smartest idea. A jolt ran through me. I'd been concentrating on the conversation so my guard was down and somebody got the jump on me.

"I'm just gon' state the obvious here mang. Move, you dead. Talk, you dead. Breath, you dead. Feel me?"

The voice behind me was brash, but forced. If I had to bet, i'd say the man behind me right now was only pretending to be a thug, a low level dumbfuck. I would say he was something more though. Maybe a contract killer?

I didn't have time to ask though. Or talk. He came out the bathroom and glared at me, although under the acidic stare, I could see fear...of me, or the voice on his phone? I inhaled but he spoke first -- and not to me. "We gotta take care of this asap...we don't want to be on Cerberus' bad side."

The gun struck me right in the side of my head. I was already out by the time my head bounced off the fucking wall. ...Damn.

Character Sheet: Isaram
.deceitful.
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Skylar on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:51 pm

He didn’t move. I was thinking about grabbing him and screaming that we needed to leave, but his voice broke the silence....

"They just killed my girlfriend,"

I preferred the silence...I knew how he felt.. “I’m...I’m sorry. I know it doesn’t help, but I know how you feel. At least you aren’t in the dark.” Maybe it was hateful to say, but when you saw something coming, it was less of a shock.

I handed him my phone, I wouldn’t miss it. I assumed that everyone on there I knew was already dead anyways. I nodded to his words, just staring at him. I had weeks to think, and I was tired of it. In fact, I was plain tired. I couldn’t tell you what a good nights sleep was like, it had been almost a month since I slept a nightmare free night.

I caught his eyes with my own, I saw the pain there, recognized it even. So this is what we would become....he a renegade, and me, what? Helpless? I was suppose to lay all my trust in the hands of a man that they wanted dead just as badly, if not more so then me?

I laid my head back, maybe some rest was the best thing right now. Maybe when we got to wherever we were going he and I could talk some more. I had some respect for this man, he didn’t have to come to my aid, and for whatever his reasons were, he did. I hoped he didn’t grow to regret them and leave me screwed. I sat up and placed my hand on his thigh, my eyes locked with his...if he wanted honesty, might as well keep the channel open for it, right? “If you get sick of running with me, tell me, and we can part ways. I can deal with that. Don’t fuck me though, or I’ll shoot you in your fucking head, and would expect you to do the same to me.”

I didn’t blink, I meant it, though I’m not sure where the words came from. My hand eased off his leg and I shifted in my seat laying my head back down and closing my eyes. It didn’t take long for me to drift off to sleep, where reality was always waiting to spit in my face..
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby King on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:16 pm

I understood her completely, but I wouldn't keep her up with unnecessary rambling. She looked exhausted. "You have my word." I didn't plan on hanging her and leaving her out to die.

The drive there was rather dull. Given the situation, I found myself submerged in a somber world that held no color or life. Everything seemed gray; the fuzzy lights of buildings as we passed by, or the blur of a car speeding in the opposite direction. It all molded into a single pot of disinterest that seemed to overwhelm me. Seconds turned into minutes, and minutes turned into hours. Before long, the car came to a halt.

Gently, I nudged her. "Meg, we're here. Wake up."

I spoke softly despite my motives, and once I saw she was cognitive I removed myself from the vehicle. The house was large, two stories, with a two-door garage with a long gravel driveway that stretched from the house to the road some handful of meters behind us. The windows were moderate with lavish shutters and intricate designs painted across them. The porch spanned the entire front of the house, with thick pillars that reached from the base to the ceiling above that makeshift barred the large mahogany door behind them. It was prettier than I remembered.

Inside, the scent fresh aromas of unused candles and dust filled my nostrils. It was clear no one had lived her for quite some time, several years even, but it was in spectacular condition. Once she was in, I closed the door and locked it. "The kitchen is over there," I pointed off to the right. "Just head through that den and take the first left."You can pick any of the rooms upstairs to freshen up, if you'd like. They all have their own bathroom and things like that. When you're ready, I'll be down here. We can talk then."

We were safe, for now, so there wasn't a need to rush. In this little haven of ours we would have all the time in the world. That's what I liked to tell myself, anyways.
King
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Skylar on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:08 pm

I felt the nudge and I jumped like someone grabbed me, followed by a loud gasp. I sighed and exited the car with my bags.

The house was massive, something straight outta a movie or some shit. I stood in awe for a moment as I looked around the outside front of it I followed him to the door and made my way inside. It was obvious that no one had lived here in awhile, but man...it was so nice. Better then any place I had ever been in before, and damn sure nicer then these damn motels of late.

“Nice place.” Maybe this wouldn’t be so bad, but somehow deep down I knew it wouldn’t last here either. I listened to him intently, not wanting to get lost, but the thought of being alone...now...well...”So hey, I know this may be an odd request, but would you mind coming with me?” I looked away, embarrassed as to what he may be thinking I was getting at..

“What I mean is..” I paused, trying to think of the best way to put it as to not make it look like I was hitting on him. I mean, his girlfriend just died...and John...”Like, could you sit outside the bathroom while I cleaned up some?” I looked back up at him, flinching kinda, I would say...”Please?” I readjusted my bags on my shoulder and finally allowed my gaze to avert toward him. “Then we can grab some food and talk....sound good?” God, I hoped he said yes. I felt skank ass....but I already decided I’d skip it if he said no...
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby .deceitful. on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:27 pm

When I came to, it was to the killer brain pounding ache of a concussion that caused my world to throb and reverberate with waves of pain.

I didn't mean to but I groaned. It hurt. It hurt a lot. Shit, it hurt like the fucking dickens.

"Shiiiit..."

Somehow my voice escaped through a throat that was dry as hell, tongue and lips likewise. I tried to produce some kind of moisture in my mouth, but it wasn't really working.

The sharp sensation in the side of my head grew more acute and I slowly came to realize the side of my head was sticky with old blood and new pain.

My eyes opened, vision swimming as I tried to make use of them. I was fucked up.

"So you're awake, huh..."

The voice hurt my head. I winced. That didn't help, only made it worse.

"Uuugggghhh..."

I took a deep breath -- what a mistake. All sorts of pain rolled through my body, I felt like I wanted to die right then and there. Obviously whoever had taken me, had beat the shit out of me.

Another effort at movement let me know that my wrists were bound. Tied? Not handcuffed? I tested it again, tugging slightly. Simple...rope? No doubt, at some point, they would come to realize that this was the first step to their downfall.

At the moment though, I was in too much pain to think almost. I had to breathe shallow. I was sore too.

"Well, dont worry...you'll be out of your misery soon enough."

It seemed I had a tiny bit of value. Otherwise I'd be dead already.

Somebody came in a door somewhere behind me, slammed it shut and then proceeded to stand directly behind me. That shit made me uncomfortable -- all things considered. Not a word was spoken, but suddenly a bright ass light was flipped on, shining directly in my face. My whole body recoiled. What, were they going to torture me now?

"Well, detective. I'll have you tell me everything you know."

"A-about...about w-what?"

My stilted words weren't from fear. My throat was just too goddamn dry.

"Why about Cerberus, of course. And the murders at the William's house."

I would smile if my lips weren't so cracked. They wanted info. If I played this right, not only could I turn the interrogation back on them, but I could also bullshit them long enough to spring for an escape.

.deceitful.
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby King on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:53 pm

I would have laughed were I not afraid of it offending her. Like I said before, this wasn't the first time I witnessed someone innocent brought into this completely fucked up situation. Before she could even finish her sentence I simply rose a hand to silence her, a gentle smile behind it. "No need to worry, Meg. If it will make you feel safe I'll sit right outside the door. Here, I'll show you the way."

With that said, I steadily began a path toward the large grand staircase at the center of the house. It went up several scores of fleeting steps before breaking into two separate paths that peeled back around the initial case of steps, merging at the top. This connection served as the bridge between the two halves of the house, and on the opposite side one could look down at the foyer one immediately found themselves in upon first entering the house.

Like a gentlemen, I opened the door and stood aside. "The towels and washcloths should be in one of the cabinets in the bathroom, along with soap, shampoo, et cetera. I'll be standing right here if you need me, so take your time. You'll need to be relaxed for this." I shot her another familiar smile, but I'm sure it looked forced and strained.

Truth was, I was doing everything I could to remain optimistic. One of us had to remain strong under all conditions - and well, I nominated myself.

Oh, but before she left! "Don't forget to write that number on your arm down. I imagine they were somewhat important -- they may be in danger."
King
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Skylar on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:55 pm

A sigh of relief. I was glad he understood where I was coming from. Explaining it further would have made me look like an ass I was sure. With that being said, I followed him. The staircase was something out of a fairly tale. Everything in this place was extravagant. I only wished I was feeling like a princess.

I also wish his words weren’t so unsettling....I’d have to be relaxed for this? Gah...not looking forward to even less now then before. I nodded and went into the massive bathroom. Before I closed the door I looked back at him. He was a fairly nice looking man, around my age if I had to guess...”Thanks Christian.”

With a click of the door, in which I didn’t bother locking, I again turned and looked at the bathroom before me. It was larger then any motel room I had been in in the last weeks. I tossed my bags down and pulled out a clean change of clothes. Jeans and a tank would suffice for sleeping clothes tonight.

I eyed the tub...soaking in it seemed like a little slice of heaven, but I wasn’t comfortable enough for that just yet. I was still on edge, still unnerved...so I turned the hot water on in the shower (fit for 6) and started searching through the cabinets for supplies.

Hilton be damned! There was everything and more in here. I grabbed a shampoo that smelled like exotic flowers, and a body was to match, stripped buck ass naked and leveled out the water temp. I stood there like a statue for a bit, just letting the water bead down my body. It felt good. Relaxing. So I stayed there much longer then I needed to, really.

After I washed, dried and redressed, I swung the door open and looked at Christian. “I feel so much better.” My wet hair dripped stray water droplets down my face as I leaned in the doorway. “You next?” I smiled, an honest smile this time. Something I hadn’t done in a long time...”Oh, and I did write that number down, just in case.” I winked playfully. I knew I was in for one helleva night, might as well enjoy this moment of feel good time.
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby King on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:31 pm

"I figured you would," I said. "And no, I'll get my shower later. We really need to talk."

My voice did hold any urgency in it though I knew what I was about to tell her would change everything she knew, or thought she knew. There was a lot about this world she was ignorant of, I'm sure, and vice versa. This particular element of life was-- somewhat unique, and despite our situation I would need to make sure she understood what was said was to never be repeated.

"You can never tell anyone what I'm about to tell you, Meg." A deep, heavy sigh escaped me then as I continued walking down the stairs. It'd only be a moment before we entered the living room and I began again. "Just like you trusted me, I'm trusting you - I mean it when I say this is the kind of "If I tell you I have to kill you" kind of shit, minus the killing."

I sat on the sofa opposite to the entrance, adjusting myself until I was comfortable. "You ready?"
King
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Skylar on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:22 pm

The non playful nature of his voice led me to believe that things were much worse then I could ever imagine. I closed my eyes for a minute, took a deep breath, and shook my head “yes”.

“Who would I tell? All my friends are dead.” I almost wished I hadn’t said it after it rolled off my tongue, but it was the truth, I didn’t have anyone left now. No one save for Christian that is.

I followed him in to the living room and took a moment to look around. I can’t even find the words to describe how beautiful it all was. When I looked over at Christian he was making himself comfortable on the sofa, and I followed suit.

Sitting opposite of him, I curled up on the other end of the sofa, pulling my legs up under me, and hugging a pillow tightly to my chest. I took a moment to stare at him....just.......stare.... “Yeah, I’m ready.” I lied, I wasn’t. Nothing could ever make me ready to hear what he was about to tell me...
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby King on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:56 am

Alright, here we go. . .

"Well, there aren't many people outside of Cerberus's own operatives that know much about them. I managed to squeeze out a little information from a few of their loyal fanatics, but it wasn't anything spectacular. I have no idea who sits at the head of the corporation, or if there is a single leader at all. From what I've gathered over the years it's broken up into three main sectors: political, militant, and scientific. I'd imagine there is a figure-head for each sect, ran by a council of some sorts that operate through them. Again, this is all speculation on my part and from pieces of data I've collected. John and I were were subjects in the scientific division."

I took a deep breath and brushed back several thick locks of hair from my face, closing my eyes as I dug through the memories.

"I can't remember how many tests they ran on me, how many experiments. . . Each and every day it was something new, something different they wanted to find out. These are cruel people, Meg. They would starve us for weeks on end until we were dropping like flies and just throw away the dead like trash; they would force cell-mates to fight until the death, or simply kill them both; they would inject us with serums and poisons just to see how our bodies would react - some of which were far more incredible than others. John and I were two of the many. It became clear after many months what their main objective was."

I fell silent for a moment, obviously hesitant, before standing from my seat. I grabbed the bottom of my shirt and in a single swift motion is was cascading from my torso to the floor. Despite the fact that I had never worked out a day in my life, I was incredibly fit. My muscles were defined like chiseled stone, my skin flawless. The faint indentions where I had been shot were all but invisible now. "They were trying to turn us into weapons. But not just any gun for hire - the perfect assassin. I'm completely different now. . . I'm faster, stronger, smarter. . . I've jumped from the roof of a fifty-story building and landing like nothing happened. I was made into the perfect killer."

"But Cerberus is different now; their weapons are specifically engineered to kill us. Against them I'm just a regular guy, y'know? "

I leaned down to pick up my shirt before looking back at her, my eyes intense and smoldering. "Now you know why he was killed." I wasn't done, however, and after I let that soak in a bit I continued. "But more importantly, I want to give you two options now that you know this. You can either:

a.) Help me bring these son of a bitches down once and for all, and kill anyone who gets in our way

or,

b.) Start over. I have several untraceable bank accounts with enough money in them for you to live several lifetimes, and friends that can help you reestablish your identity. As long as you can forget everything you knew and never look back, you'll have a life and no one will come looking for you. You have my word."
King
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby .deceitful. on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:14 pm

I have to admit, sometimes I can be one helluva vain man.

Here I was, being beat within an inch of my life, and all I could do was be grateful there was no mirror around so I could see just how shit-tastic I looked.

See? Vain.

It was only when he slammed a big ass battery onto the table in front of me and went about attaching jumper cables in a showy fashion, that I decided enough was enough. If he was trying to scare me, he was well on his way to succeeding. I'd been through some situations that I'd rather not remember, and he was dredging up some of the worst memories.

For the past hour he worked me over. The bastard seemed to never get tired. I was covered in cuts, burns, and bruises, I could feel a few broken bones shifting just under the skin. I could tell he'd done this before, because despite my condition, I should've been a lot worse. I was sitting in front of a pro.

Even pros made small mistakes though.

By now the blood running down my arms had made my wrists slick enough that, with enough effort, I knew I could pull them out the ropes.

"Ok...OK. ...enough...I...enough..."

I wasn't faking. I really was in pain. I wanted this to be over.

"I'll...i'll tell you what...wanna know..."

I gasped for breath, my mouth hanging open while a combination of blood and saliva ran freely.

Not only had I managed to get my attacked to reveal just a little information about this Cerberus he kept speaking of, but I also noticed just how vain and arrogant he was. The other man in the room would hold me down, while the interrogator did his work. So I was expecting what came next.

"You can leave. I think he's willing to talk now."

First step accomplished. I could see him walking closer even through the haze that covered my eyes.

"But first...before I...tell you anything..."

The glob of phlegm, spit and blood that I spat in his face was disgusting, even to me. He blinked and I could tell he was shaking in rage. The way he hit me...both me and the chair hit the ground hard, sliding another few feet.

He was fucking strong as shit.

"When you tell me everything you know...you're gonna die, detective. Slowly and painfully."

But he was predictable. This time, I grinned despite my pain as he stormed out the room, calling for something to clean his face.

I calmed myself, using the precious time I had to gather my strength. My entire body strained as I pulled with every ounce of power I had left, teeth gritting with the effort. With a final tug, and painful raw streaks all over my hands, they were free.

I lay there, catching my breath and waiting for his return. ...My turn, fuckers.

.deceitful.
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Skylar on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:57 pm

I listened to each and every word that rolled off his velvet tongue. While I understood most of what he was saying, what I didn’t understand is why it was him and John. What made them different from everyone else?

As he described the torturous things done to them, my eyes welled up. What a horrid existence to have to deal with for however long they did. I shook my head, but looked back up at him as he stood. Inch by inch of flawless flesh peeked through as he peeled his shirt off his perfect physique.

There were no scars, no imperfections at all. I scooted forward, I couldn’t help myself....truth was I didn’t want to...My hand reached out, fingertips easing over his torso. “How?” I said it out loud, though I didn’t mean to. My mind just couldn’t comprehend such treatment with nothing to show for it.

I brought my hands back and rested them in my lap. I couldn’t help but stare at him, and not like he was a freak, but like he was a hero, however odd that might sound. I wanted to grab him and wrap my arms around him. Apologize, thank him, whatever came to mind, but this time, I could help myself, and I refrained.

With a deep, stalling sigh I shook my head. “Well..” is started but paused. How was I going to tell him what I thought? Or maybe this wasn’t even the proper time. One thing was for sure, nothing was going to be simple from here on out....

“I hope you like me Christian. Seems we’re going to have a lot of time to get to know each other, because, I’m not bailing on you now. I may not have much to fight for, and I may not have anything left, but that is because of them....and I’ll be damned if I let them win, and run away like a fucking puppy with my tail between my legs.”

I nodded. My mind was made up, and there would be no changing it. Though I didn’t think he would try to change it anyways. “Oh, but....” I bit down on my bottom lip. I was still hella nervous in this place, I assumed one day I would be comfortable with being hunted, but that time sure the hell wasn’t now.... "ya think we could share a room tonight?” I felt like such a puss, and almost like I was hitting on him after he poured all this on me.....oh well, so goes the life of the prey, right??
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby King on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:14 pm

"Good, then I can tell you the rest." I waited for he to retreat from my body before I laid this one on her; I had to make sure she would be willing to play ball before I could expose all of my secrets. But, she seemed like she was the one. And if I was wrong? Well, I didn't want to think on that.

I extended my right hand toward her, and suddenly my body went tense. My eyes narrowed while my digits unfurled and sprawled into an open palm. It was such an awkward feeling, using this gift they had given me. I don't know the specifics, but essentially whatever I think to move. . . moves. In this situation, it would be Meg. It felt as if an invisible extension had leached onto her body from my own, and I was able to control its movements with my thoughts.

Telekenesis.

Without warning, she would find herself suspended several feet above the floor floating aimlessly. From there, I would rotate her like a clock, round and round, slowly though. Eventually, she wold find herself closer to me right side up, face to face. "This is the extent of their damage, Meg. They've turned me into some kind of monster-- so if you're comfortable with that, I wouldn't mind sharing a room if it will make you feel safe." Slowly, and carefully, I planted her back on the soles of her feet.
King
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Skylar on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:14 pm

The rest? More!!?? There was more? Inside I was a mess, but curious. Perhaps the things he had yet to tell me would answer the questions I still had. I nodded to him and leaned back, trying to prepare myself for whatever else he had to say to me....and boy was I wrong with thinking he needed to say anything....

He looked rigid. Concentrated. I canted my head slightly and furrowed my brow as I concentrated on him. Was I missing something? Was I ever....The transition was so smooth I hadn’t noticed that my ass was no longer resting on the sofa, but hovering in the air above it, and shortly after, moving toward him.

I gasped and reached for.....there was nothing to hang on to. I was scared, not because he was making me float in the air...but because I thought I was going to fall. Odd, right?

His words tore at my heart. He was no monster! Least not in my eyes. As quickly as his display started, it was over and I was securely back on the sofa. I wasn’t afraid of him. I wasn’t afraid of his power, his gift. Had he wanted to hurt me, wish me dead, I have a feeling he could have and would have already made his move.

A smile spread across my face....

“I’d rather the monster be in my bed then under it.”
Skylar
Almost Famous

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Roleplay