Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Discretion

All roleplay that is not part of the Utopian/Dystopian canon goes here. This includes a range of subject matters, such as science fiction, modern, and subject matters regarding alternate universes (such as Ayenee, Valucre, and etc.).

Re: Discretion

Postby Skylar on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Free. A word I didn’t figure I’d get to use much anymore these days. Even if I did, my mind would never be free from the things I’ve seen already, and I only imaged that they would get worse. I took in what Christian had said, I liked gaming, truth be told, I liked a lot of “guyish” hobbies. But I was still tired, wanting to just be lazy so I smiled back and him and started looking through the dvds.

“Damn, you weren’t kiddin, were ya?” Every title she could think of was staring back at her. I wanted to laugh. Not only laugh, but laugh hard, and hear myself laughing hard. Might sound silly, but again, it was one of those little things I wasn’t sure I’d have much of it after tonight.

Looking over my shoulder I gave Christian a huge cheesy grin. I popped my chosen movie into the dvd player, and scooted on back to where I was comfortable, where I felt secure; next to Christian. “You better love this as much as I do.” I gave him a playfully mean face as Step Brothers started playing....
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby King on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:37 pm

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to skip right to the movie. All of America's technological advances and yet we still had to sit through a myriad of trailers for other movies - usually boring ones - to get to the one that was actually in the DvD player. Thankfully, it was worth the wait. Step Brothers happened to be one of my favorite comedies, and I was rather surprised she and I had similar taste of videos.

"A classic." There was already a huge smile on my face, and no doubt my eyes were gleaming. "I don't think anyone could not love this movie." After that, the rest was history.

---

After the movie had finished and the credits were rolling, I sat up from my sprawled position and looked to Meg. My stomach was growling, so my next statement shouldn't have been a surprise. "I'm about to fix me something to eat, are you hungry?" Before she could even respond I was out of the bed, steadily making my way toward the door at the front of the room. I'd pause before exiting of course, giving her more than enough time to answer.
King
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby .deceitful. on Tue May 04, 2010 12:58 pm

3:07 PM
Friday Afternoon

I woke up with a start.

Looking around, I realize I was in my car, in the parking garage. My seat was laid back, and I was reclining...napping.

"What the fuck?"

The last thing I remembered was getting up, saying something about going to the bathroom, and then going to the garage. But why? For the fucking life of me, I didn't know what I went to the garage for. ...to take a nap? Something was weird here. Ok, sure I took naps on the job, but I didn't care...I napped right in my office for the world to see.

Scrambling upright, I opened the door and stepped out. I wavered, almost fell. For a brief moment, it was as though I'd forgotten how to walk.

I looked at my watch. I'd been asleep for hours.

[My apologies guys, didn't mean for it to take this long. But i'm on it now.]
Character Sheet: Isaram
.deceitful.
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Skylar on Tue May 04, 2010 2:38 pm

I was half asleep. His voice startled me a little. I was beyond jumpy these days. “Food, yeah...sounds great.” I slid off the bed and hurried up behind him giving him a bump with my shoulder. “What sounds good to you?” Anything sounded good to me. Real food was real food. I ate fast food for so long, I almost forgot how good real food was. I had to laugh at myself for a second.

“When are we meeting that cop?” I kinda blurted it out, but I knew when that went down, all this would end. I followed him down to the kitchen, knowing good and well what kinda goodies were in the fridge and cabinets.
Skylar
Almost Famous

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous Roleplay