Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Smooth Surfaces

All roleplay that is not part of the Utopian/Dystopian canon goes here. This includes a range of subject matters, such as science fiction, modern, and subject matters regarding alternate universes (such as Ayenee, Valucre, and etc.).

Re: Smooth Surfaces

Postby Skylar on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:54 pm

“Four of them.”

She knew how odd that would sound, but her defense was simple: she was a single woman living alone, and one couldn't be too careful. Right? She moved where his hand guided her. Frankly it made her feel better to know that she wasn't in Arons direct line of sight.

“He's never been creepy like this before.

She answered in a low tone. She wanted to look back, to see if he was still back there, but she didn't need to. She could feel him.

It didn't take them long to get to the first road they could take to get to her house. That road. She paused for a moment, and continued on to the next where she quickly took a left. It was dark. Dark like that night was. She was overjoyed that she didn't have to make this trek alone.

Her apartment was on the first floor, luckily. As she neared the building, she flipped her key out of her pocket, and readied it for its job. Within seconds, her door was unlocked and she was inside, pulled Zed with her, only to see Aron still walking toward them.

With four loud clicks, the door was locked up tight. She tossed her keys on a small table by the door and quickly made a round through her place, pulling blinds and making sure the windows where securely locked. Finally, standing in the middle of what was her living room, she stared at Zed, her breathing was as heavy as it had been while they were dancing, only instead of excitement in her eyes, there was fear...
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Ramlock on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Zed followed along with Sophie, noticing the somewhat roundabout path they had taken to get to her apartment. This certainly wasn't the quickest way... The quickest way... Led past the crime scene. There had been a decent fuss; the sidewalk being blocked off with police tape, and such, but that had only been like that for a matter of hours. It wasn't there any more, certainly. She was avoiding that area, for reasons of fear or otherwise...

"Don't worry about it for now."

Zed walked along with her, matching her speed, occasionally looking behind to see if Aron was still there. He hadn't made a move... He was just watching to see what was going to happen, maybe? This certainly didn't seem like him... He had seemed so pathetically in love with her earlier... Perhaps he had snapped. Or not; he didn't seem aggressive so much as creepy...

Once they reached the apartment, Zed would step inside as Sophie pulled him, watching for Aron behind them. Zed looked on approvingly as she locked the door up, and followed her around the apartment, staying near the doorways as she frantically checked the windows, exuding a certain aura of calm, and seeing what the apartment was like in the meantime. Whatever he was, he wasn't very concerned about the chance of danger here...

"He's not going to try anything here... Don't worry."

Zed stepped forward, extending his arms to hug Sophie. If she didn't want to, he wasn't going to grab her and do so, but she looked so afraid... Perhaps it was the situation, mixed with the fear of losing her only close friend...
Ramlock
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:36 pm

Not only did she welcome the hug, she embraced him tightly. She needed to calm herself down as to not lose control of herself. Slowly she pulled away from him and headed toward the kitchen. “I'm going to make some tea. Would you care for a cup?”

She didn't worry about anyone finding her apartment any different then any other girl her age, save for the fact that she wasn't as immature as most. Her walls were covered with tasteful art, shelves full of books, a meager television, but a huge stereo system.

The only thing around the brought family to mind was one picture she had on one of her bookshelves. Two adults, and a child that was obviously her at a younger age.

“I am worried though. Aron has never acted like this before.” She peeked back at Zed as she filled the bright orange kettle with water and placed it on her stove top. “Of course, there's never really been any other guy around me but Aron, save for his friends, but they know better then to...”

Her words trailed off, she knew he would get the idea. “Maybe I should call the police?” She looked out the peephole on her front door, where Aron sat on the bottom step. Her eyes widened as she looked at Zed and pointed toward the door, telling him that Aron was still lurking about.
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Ramlock on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:07 pm

"Please."

Zed sat down, facing the door, not that he expected Aron to attempt to enter, or anything like that. Strictly speaking, he wasn't going much of anything yet. Just sitting outside. The fact that he had followed her all the way home was somewhat incriminating, though. Should the police be involved? That was a tough question...

"If I say anything to him, it might just start an incident. But it might be simpler for you to tell him to leave. If he won't respect your request, then maybe the police should be involved..."

Zed wanted to hope Aron was just being emotional. Maybe he was sitting outside writing a poem for Sophie, or whatever he thought was going to "win" her. But there was always the chance that he had something more sinister in mind, and it wasn't worth taking that risk. Besides, for now, at least, he was there. He majorly doubted that Aron would dare to try anything. Even if Aron managed to keep all the other men away from Sophie... Well, sooner or later, someone was going to get close to her...
Ramlock
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Zed would be able to hear the clanking of the tea cups as Sophie continued to get everything she would need to make their tea. She listened to his words, and while she could agree to most of it, there was one thing she wasn't going to do.... “No, I'm not talking to him.” For that moment all the noise ceased. She knew she couldn't lose control with the both of them around.

She tossed a couple homemade teabags in a couple cups and added the hot water to them, with only a teaspoon of sugar. The tea itself had a sweet taste to it, but the added sugar, even as minute as the amount, was needed.

“You'll have to tell me what you think. I make this myself.” She smiled and handed a cup to him, and brought her own to her lips. “Mm, I love this stuff. Rose hips, licorice root, a touch of chamomile. It's relaxing anyways.” She smiled and went to the front door again, and still, there Aron sat.

“This is ridiculous. Go home Aron!!” She knew he had to hear her, the bottom step wasn't that far away from the front door. “No Sophie, not until you come out and talk to me.” Was he kidding? She wasn't about to go out there and talk to him.. “That's not going to happen tonight. Go home, cool down and we can talk tomorrow or something.” She highly doubted they would even talk tomorrow. He behaved like an asshole, and she wasn't having it. She wasn't his girl, she didn't belong to him...he wasn't her father. She'd do what she wanted to do. Period.

“Then I'll be out here tomorrow when you wanna talk. I'm not going anywhere.” She took a deep breath, that old feeling creeping up on her more and more quickly. It was only when she heard the sound of a bubble pop did she stop to notice the tea in her cup was now boiling....

Quickly she turned to be sure that Zed had not noticed, which he couldn't have unless he was looking into her cup. The fear of being exposed overran the anger that was building inside her. She shook her head and took a seat on her couch.

“You never did tell me what you lied about, or why.” It was random. Sure his answer before may have been charming, but she doubted it was the truth. Outta nowhere she hit him with that beauty. But she needed to get her mind off of the problem beyond her front door..
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Ramlock on Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Zed fortunately didn't notice any strangeness going on. He wasn't looking for odd things like that, after all; nor would he even have a reason to believe they were unnatural. Zed wasn't going to advocate she open the door, certainly. He did wonder about Aron... Was he seriously going to sit there all night? That was so damned sad... Not in the sort of way where he felt obliged to fix it, but more in a pitiful way... Still, trying not to think too much on the subject, he tried the tea. It was certainly... Different.

"It is interesting. I haven't really tried anything like this before..."

It wasn't terrible, really. It was actually sort of good, it just was beyond his normal realm of experience. Tea wasn't his normal drink of choice. Sophie's question, though... It was sort of surprising. He hadn't meant much by it. And yet, when he answered, that certain sort of eerie feeling weighed on him again... He would look from Sophie's eyes down to his tea before answering.

"I thought that was obvious. I told you I didn't dance."

Of course, he didn't mention he was investigating the recent death... He didn't really want to talk about it at the moment after the events of the past hour.
Ramlock
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:03 pm

“I have a recipe for teas for almost everything. Aches and pains, headaches, stress. Most of them are delicious, but they're an acquired taste I suppose. If you don't like it, I do have soda. I won't be offended.” She laughed a bit. Tea wasn't for everyone.

“Yeah, you did mention that. Though you didn't do half bad I'll admit. I was more inquiring as to why you were out and about talking to strangers at such an odd hour. I just assumed you were looking for the club since you said you were new to town and all. Figured you weren't sure where to find it.”

Again she sipped her tea, her eyes locking to his as she canted her head slightly to the side. She was sure he probably felt like he was off the hook on this one, however...she continued. “But then I remembered you said you didn't dance. So I thought maybe you were just out looking for a drink.”

Again she paused, mostly to watch his facial features. Anything that might give a hint whether or not she was hitting a chord. “However, I noticed to didn't get a drink at the bar.” She didn't miss much of the things that went on around her. She was aware, very aware all the time. Although, she made a point for her words to come across ever so innocent, as to not imply his deceit to be ill willed.
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Ramlock on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:19 pm

Zed was quiet while she talked, smiling a bit. Perceptive was a way to describe her. Suspicious was maybe better. Suspicion didn't mean guilt, but still... It was probably good that she was suspicious of him. It was safer to be suspicious of everyone, even if it didn't mean a necessarily pleasant life or interactions...

"I'm not trying to pry into your personal life, and I'd appreciate if you would do the same for me. I'm looking for answers to something, and I don't think you had anything to do with it."

Zed still didn't look up from his tea, taking another sip and thinking. He couldn't just come out and say he was trying to investigate a death. Especially not to someone who had just had such a night. It didn't feel right. And as odd as she acted, there really wasn't much reason to suspect her of anything. It must have taken some sort of strange equipment to boil that man... Right? Not that anything made much sense in the situation.

"If you don't feel safe, or you want me to leave, I'll go."

Of course, Aron was still outside, but Zed was perfectly willing to run him or wait until the police showed up or something like that...
Ramlock
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:30 pm

She did take note on the fact that he avoided her eyes. Although he answer was respectable enough. Sadly with the nights events, she didn't take what he said to heart. She didn't analyze it like she would usually do. That...that could be a big mistake...

“Understandable. I can respect that. Prying was not my intent. Besides, you had no way of knowing I would run into the two of you out there. Had you been speaking with a woman, you'd be on the front steps, too.”

Again her laughter filled her home. She sat her cup down on the table beside her, and smiled at his last statement. “In fact, I feel really safe, and offer you to stay as long as you can.” She tucked a few stray locks of hair behind her ear. “Or at least until Aron leaves.” She was well aware what she was asking Zed here. Fairly sure herself that Aron would gladly camp on her stairs to be certain he didn't miss her sneaking out without speaking to him.

“That is, if you feel safe, or don't wish to stay.” A smirk stole her features as she kicked her legs up underneath herself.
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Ramlock on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:59 pm

Zed smiled a bit at Sophie's first comment, then wider at the second. She hadn't pushed him any further on what he was looking for, and at the moment... Well, that was good. No need to ruin a perfectly nice night... Well, not nice, exactly, but... Well, who cared? Everyone was going to be allright, even Aron, sleeping on the steps outside.

Zed smiled, looking up to Sophie again, somewhat surprised (but pleasantly) at her invitation. He wasn't sure what exactly was going to come of the night, but... Well, suddenly the idea of Aron being on the doorstep didn't make things feel quite as awkward as he thought.

"I'd love to stay... All night, if I have to..."
Ramlock
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:47 pm

“There we have it then.” Her smiled turned from a smirk to a more relaxed smile. He couldn't have said anything to make her more happy. She hopped from the couch and moved toward the stereo, turning it on, and then down. With soft music in the back ground she wrinkled her nose slightly.

“Are you hungry or anything?” She moved passed him and back to the door to peek out on their creeper. Still he sat on the stairs with his phone out. It was then she heard her phone start to sing. “He is almost intolerable.” With that being said, she picked her phone up, flipped it open and read the message. “Is he going home?!!?” That tell tale smirk crept back over her features as she simply texted back. “No.” And off her phone went.

From outside she could hear him. “Are you kidding me!!?!” She couldn't help but laugh. “Anyways. Music, movie? Popcorn, real food? Whatcha wanna do? Looks like we're in for a long night.” She raised her brows at the thought. She was by no means complaining. Locked in her place, with a nice looking man who at least seemed nice enough. Did it get any better??

“I mean, we need something to keep us busy. I'd hate to imply prying again. Bore you to death. But I don't want to make you uncomfortable either.” With that said she offered him a playful wink, returned to her seat on the couch and waited to see what he wanted to do for entertainment.
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Ramlock on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:37 am

Zed raised an eyebrow at the exchange between Sophie and Aron, not privy to what may be happening on the phone, but at least privy to Aron's exclamation. On the bright side, his presence outside seemed much less ominous. He wasn't going to have a good night, but he really likely was just an overexcited kid. Essentially harmless... At least, better than some of the rest of the world, on average. Zed didn't really want to laugh at the kid, but he couldn't help cracking a smile when Sophie laughed.

"Well, looks like we're going to be here for a while, so... Popcorn and a movie sounds good. Should keep us busy for a little while, at least..."

Standing, he pulled off his jacket, laying it over the back of the chair he'd been in, and looking around the room. Perhaps he was a bit premature in suggesting a movie when he didn't even know what movies Sophie had, but... Well, maybe the content of the movie wasn't the first thing on his mind. Zed wondered what exactly she had been implying, but only to a small degree. It didn't really matter, in the end. It wasn't the sort of night for guessing...
Ramlock
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:43 pm

“He wanted to know if you were leaving, and I told him no.” The grin returned to her features. “Serves him right. Now he can sit out there and wonder what we are doing in here.” It sounded mean, and she knew it. Right now though, she couldn't care less. Aron had no right to be upset in the first place, let alone put his hands on her. Now, she would let his imagination eat him from the inside out.

Popcorn and a movie it is then! What kinda movies you into? I have a little bit of everything.” She pointed to a large oak cabinet. The doors were closed on it, so one wouldn't know it held movies and such. “Go ahead and take a look, and I'll get the popcorn going.”

“I've collected movies for some time now. It's kinda my thing, along with music and dancing.” She pulled her popcorn maker from the cabinet in the kitchen and set it up. There'd be none of that microwave popcorn crap in her house!

“Water or cherry soda? I have milk too, but I don't think that goes good with popcorn.” She laughed again. From the time they had met, compared to now, she was a different person. While still slightly suspicious of Zed, she didn't wanna push any buttons. He seemed like an awesome guy, and while she lacked in the friend department by her own hand, it didn't mean she didn't want new friends....
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Ramlock on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:39 pm

Zed smiled at the casual way she blew off Aron outside. And so casually invited Zed to stay. And Zed didn't expect things to reach a certain level tonight, really... Meanness or not, her best friend was still sitting on the front steps, and that wasn't really a cloud of awkwardness he wanted to see hanging over them. But a little bit of enjoyment could be fun...

"Movies? I don't know. I guess I've got a thing for noir films. Tough detectives and dangerous women, and a world that isn't always brighter at the end of the day. Just a little better, maybe."

Zed crouched down, looking through the cabinet, perhaps quietly checking to see if she was telling the truth. She did have a decent collection, it seemed. For tonight, though... He saw Casablanca, and pulled it out of the cabinet. Dark, classy... Maybe a bit slow at times, but that was mostly a difference in time periods. And such important lines...

"Cherry soda. That would be a nice change."

Zed placed the movie by the TV, walking into the kitchen to help or otherwise watch. There wasn't much to help with, maybe, but he could still keep her company rather than sitting his ass on the couch and waiting.
Ramlock
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:11 pm

“Cherry soda is my favorite to be honest.” She smiled up at him as he rounded the corner into the kitchen. “This shouldn't take long.” The machined heated up rather quickly as she poured the unpopped popcorn into the holder, and closed it up tightly.

“So what's the feature for this evening? There isn't a movie in there that I don't adore in some fashion.” It was true, every word of it. Any kind of movie, from any point in time she could find a reason to love. The popping began quickly as she reached up on her tip toes to grab a bowl on the top shelf of her cabinet. Of course, it was just from her reach, and she refused to ask for help.

“Are you a two bowl kinda man?” She chuckled lightly as she stretched as far as she could. “Some people don't like to share popcorn, they want their own bowl.” She'd struggle while the vessel on top of the machine began to quickly fill with popcorn.
Skylar
Almost Famous

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Roleplay