Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Everything You Wanted to Know about DAICHONS...

All out of character topics about particular roleplays go in this forum. Global roleplay announcements will also be made here.

Moderator: Paroxysm

Re: Everything You Wanted to Know about DAICHONS...

Postby Princeben07 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Ah, no harm, no foul ^_^
"Basking in The Summer Sun, I greeted the Seabirds; but then, I entered the Demon's Den."
Princeben07
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Princeben07 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:39 am

Agreed. ^^
"Basking in The Summer Sun, I greeted the Seabirds; but then, I entered the Demon's Den."
Princeben07
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Zach Kaiser on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:52 pm

Since everyone else is being fairly nice allow me to be a little rude: Utopia/Dystopia is it's own site and it doesn't matter what you've experienced elsewhere. The only T1 that happens is out of character in the arena, mostly, at any power level. As Nate said, we value plot and characterization more than anything here, so most fights serve a story purpose and, depending on the GM, the outcome may be a forgone conclusion (often in the PC's favor) anyway.

As far as the creatures themselves go, it's a fine idea for a race, I think, but a few suggestions to help them integrate into Utopia lore. The first is that (and Nate can correct me if I'm wrong) I believe it's cannon that there are no alternate realities/dimensions on the site, so a different origin may be in order. There is a huge area called the Uncharted Territories that as the name implies are mostly unexplored, so perhaps they can come from there? (Wolfmen and forests always seem to go hand in hand.) Otherwise you could make up an island or something.

As far as their power goes, so long as the monstrously large and powerful ones you describe are NPCs and not PCs I fail to see a problem--but any you play extensively as a PC should probably at least start mild powers. There's nothing wrong with a character getting more powerful via plot, after all (and I personally prefer that to simply making a powerful character, but that's just me.)

Also: do you plan on running a plot based around them or simply play as one of them? It's something to consider when deciding the situation of the race as a whole. There's no need to think to hard about if you'll only be controlling one or two of them on the site, after all.

Signature by Nate-o
Zach Kaiser
Broseiden: God of the Brocean

Postby Zombzeh Nayt-o! on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Zach Kaiser wrote:The first is that (and Nate can correct me if I'm wrong) I believe it's cannon that there are no alternate realities/dimensions on the site,

No need to be corrected, you're right. Beyond Utopia/Dystopia (planet), Oblivion (plane of existence), Purgatory (plane of existence), the Heavens (plane of existence), the Underworld (plane of existence), and maybe a few planets in the main universe of Dystopia that were at one point inhabited, there's nothing else to it.

To Ben:

There are no other alternate realities/universes that can be connected to it. Dystopia is in itself an alternate universe, as far as all other RP sites are concerned, so previous developments on such sites can be completely ignored and rewritten, if you so desire. Sometimes it's best, even.

An alternate universe roleplay is the creative control to recreate or renew your older concepts. That's the whole point, really: to allow users to make something new or reinvent something old. Believe me, it's pretty refreshing.
Zombzeh Nayt-o!
Brainmongler

Previous

Return to Roleplay Discussion