Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

A Face in the Crowd.

Moderators: Amethyst, Sage

Re: A Face in the Crowd.

Postby Sage on Tue May 18, 2010 10:43 am

Without responding, at least verbally, he would excuse himself from the table. Taking a presented opportunity as he passed her out of their private booth, he kissed her softly on her neck. At least, he would if she didn't pull away.

" You don't mind if I order for us, and attempt to expedite, do you? "

There wasn't a whole lot he wouldn't do for her tonight, especially after all the firsts she had given him already. He would find a waiter, and make sure they were the next to get their food, whether they had to intercept ingredients while they were still cooking, and attribute them to their order rather than others. Xavier already wasn't very picky, and he knew enough to figure that she probably hadn't had most of what they had to offer here. A deal was struck, and he was strolling back into the privacy of their little lattice structure in no time, a playful grin on his face.

" Five minutes. "
Sage
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Tue May 18, 2010 10:55 am

With grace and poise he moved from the table, she wouldn’t dare miss the opportunity to feel his lips against her flesh again. In fact, she leaned her head to the side, giving him more an option. “Be my guest Xavier.” She laughed a little at his choice of words, as if he was being shady or something. It was already obvious to her that these people would do anything for him....even if he didn’t ask.

She tossed a glance over her shoulder at him. He was a sight, really. She didn’t want to take her eyes from him, she very well thought of jumping on the table top and announcing she was here with him, but knew, after there entrance, that wasn’t needed.

“Wow, that’s fast.” She snagged his hand as he walked by, lifting the other one to beckon him closer with her index finger.
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Sage on Tue May 18, 2010 11:11 am

Xavier considered her freespirited, townhopping nature. He wondered what it would be like to travel without being on the job, having destinations, with tasks to accomplish. Having the chance to stop and admire the beauty of a place, without having to worry about a shipload of innocent people dying because you weren't fast enough, or strong enough.

" So, you've been all over? Where's your favorite places so far? "

The question was purely innocent, a lot less specific and less probing than his other, and he was genuinely interested, this much would be clear by his captivation as he spoke. Or perhaps he just thought she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. Regardless, she had his attention.

" Ever been to Darkwatch? "
Sage
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Tue May 18, 2010 11:21 am

Taken back a bit by his not approaching her as she desired, she released his hand and placed her own in her lap. It was obvious that his mind was somewhere, and she even considered asking where, but she refrained, and entertained him by answering his question.

“I never really went anywhere that struck me enough to remember the name. I never really met anyone that mattered, never caught peoples names before now. I’m sure it’s hard to understand, I’m not even sure how to describe why I travel like I do. I just like it, I suppose. The freedom to go as I please, where I want, when I want. Nothings ever made me feel otherwise.”

She leaned back, stretching slightly, still cramped from the ride here. “Darkwatch? I don’t recall hearing that name before.”
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Sage on Tue May 18, 2010 11:29 am

Her answer was satisfactory enough, though he couldn't help but feel like he had missed something. He had been preoccupied with trying to feed her a moment ago, and completely missed something. This much, he realized now. At the time, when she'd said it, he hadn't gotten her meaning. He was bright enough, but had little common sense when it came to things like this. A mission-based mind, focusing on one thing at a time. In combat, it was different. You needed to pay attention to little details, yes, but everything was fluid. When something needed to be done, his body just reacted.

With her, it was different, and he had to think very hard not to embarrass himself. He'd never felt like that before, never been so confused simply by a person looking at him. But when the pieces snapped together, the bridge of his nose alit ever so slightly, realizing what she had wanted. He stood up, closing the short gate on their enclosure, and slowly crept around behind her. He placed his oversized hands on her shoulders and began to work the muscles there, and leaned over her, finding her mouth in an awkward yet satisfying kiss. He muttered something through their liplock, and shuddered slightly at the sweet taste of berries and the root brew on her breath.

" Sorry. I'm just so absent-minded today. "
Sage
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Tue May 18, 2010 11:46 am

She couldn’t hide her enthusiasm as he stood and moved behind her. Just the touch of his hands on her body made her shiver outwardly. As he leaned over, she tilted her head back, allowing his lips to crash into hers. However awkward it may have been, she relished the idea of having his taste upon her lips once more.

“Mm, thank you.” He may have missed her wanting him near, but quickly picked back up on exactly what she wanted. Reaching back, she placed her hand on his, caressing it gently. Absent-minded or not, she was happy, and he was obviously, someway in tune with her.

“So whatcha wanna do after we leave here?” She was in no hurry, but liked to have some idea of a time line. However out of control her life may have seemed, she liked to be organized in some fashion as well. She was also interested in where he would put her up for the night.
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Sage on Tue May 18, 2010 11:59 am

He wrapped his arms around her neck, playing with bits of her hair as they dangled into her grasp. The cut was unusual, but it made her look amazing. How did she get it to do that? He had never been much a fan of his own hair, it was a bland color, and while he didn't even bother to cut it when it passed his eyes, he did every now and again when it passed shoulder length. He was a soldier, after all, and while long hair was the style he couldn't go too far.

He considered an activity that might be worthy of his time with her, immediately counting out several activities as inappropriate or bland. It was actually a rather difficult question, all things considered, and so he did not answer right away, instead moving into another line of questioning.

" I'll think about it, I suppose. But I'm open to suggestions. I hadn't really gotten that far, to be honest, I'm still hoping you don't end up storming out on me before dinner. " His words were lighthearted enough, though they masked a very real concern of his.

" What do you do for fun, when you do stick to one place for a few days? "
Sage
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Tue May 18, 2010 12:06 pm

She leaned back into him. This was all happening so quickly, but felt beyond natural. It was hard to grasp, but she refused to fight it.

“Well, it all depends really what the place has to offer. I’m really easily amused when it comes down to it, especially in new places. I mean, generally speaking most places do the same things, but differently. So it’s always fun to see how different people do things.” It came out kinda like a riddle, but she knew he would understand her.

Turning in her chair toward him, she made sure her eyes were aligned to his. “I’ve already decided I’m not storming out on you, at all.” Her voice was soft as she spoke, honest and sincere. “We’ve the time, I don’t mind waiting however long it takes.” While she wasn’t specific on whether she was talking about the meal, or staying, she assumed he would understand she meant both.
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Sage on Tue May 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Xavier looked around, for what, would be a mystery to Frankie. He had never understood why places like this had to be so stuffy, with both parties sitting up straight, facing toward each other, over a common table. He had seen up here where people would lounge during parties are far more comfortable further, and he broke away from her for a time to find just that. After all, he had just met Frankie, and he wanted to be close to her, to get to know her, not just by asking questions. Her scent, her touch, he wanted to have them memorized so that if she did end up leaving him, he would at least remember all he could about her.

" Be right back. " The grin he wore was unmistakable. He was up to no good. He silently unfurled his wings and rose upward, flitting silently over the empty booths along the outside edge of the rooftop. He skimmed the magical barrier a few times, moisture touching his wing tips. Finally, he found what it was he was looking for.

When he reappeared over their booth, he flew carrying a rather massive cloth love seat, and a low-rise table, one of the pieces of furniture in each hand. He set the objects longways up in their little booth, and casually tossed their table and chairs outside of it, carefully closing it again behind him. He flipped the couch down, facing out toward the cityscape, and placed their thinner table , and the bowl of ambrosia and their bottle and drinks back upon it. He sighed as he plopped down on it, sinking into it's comfort and patted the seat next to him.

" Typical dining is so damned uncomfortable, don't you think? "
Sage
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Tue May 18, 2010 12:41 pm

Unmistakable it was, that smile he wore. She shook her head and laughed as he burst his wings out and began moving around the room. She wasn’t for sure what he was up to, but he seemed to never cease to amaze her.

Before she knew it he was back, and with a different table and seats? She could help but roar with laughter, but she also found it to be a sweet gesture as well. “I do think.” After their grand entrance, she wasn’t really worried about all this at all.

She moved as closely to him as she could get without sitting on top of him, curling her legs up behind her, leaning into his chest. Her cheek resting on his bare skin gave her the opportunity to breath his scent in deeply once more. An opportunity she would not let surpass her.

She wished to kiss him all over, touch him, but told herself that being inappropriate in public may be a bad idea. She simply rested her hand on his thigh, strumming her fingers lightly.
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Sage on Tue May 18, 2010 12:53 pm

He was uncomfortable and excited at the same time that her fingers just happened to be dancing on and around his manhood. Even without his warning, however, it would soon become obvious to her as well if she kept it up. He sighed heavily as he attempted to come up with a topic of conversation and was relieved and worried at the same time as a small parade of servers tapped on the lattice door. He wasn't worried about the state of his half-nakedness, or the fact that he had rearranged the decor, though he hastily snatched the towel from the ground near his swordbelt and tossed it on his lap to hide his...excitement.

" Come in. "

Another small parade of servers, no fewer than three shuffled into the room, each taking turns noticing that the setting was completely different, and being shocked in place briefly before continuing doing their job. For Xavier they brought in a large, garnished slab of meat, surrounded by exotic vegetables which create a border on the plate. For her, there was a beautifully organized bed of greens, topped by freshwater fish, and a well-sculpted pillar of rice, topped with several plump grilled shrimp, the mountain all of which was bordered by several shiny red shellfish which resembled typical oysters and freshwater clams at the same time. Though it would be impossible to determine exactly what it was until they were opened.

The flurry of activity died down as a new bottle of drink appeared with a shared plate of various starches and vegetables between them, and then they were gone, after a synchronized bow. " Let us know if you need anything. "
Sage
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Tue May 18, 2010 1:10 pm

Rubbing his leg, she paused a moment. Was that....did he...Surely her face was reddened, even if only slightly, however, she did not remove her hand, not even after he grabbed the towel. She merely let it slip back into place when he calmed down and sat back straight.

The door came open and many people swamped their small dwelling. Immediately the smell of the food hit her nostrils and it smelled so delicious. His platter of steak was extreme, but she was sure he would more then likely eat every last bite.

Before her they slid a plate with the most scrumptious looking greens and fresh fish, which was one of her favorite meals. “This looks heavenly.” She gave his leg a squeeze and brought her hands up to the table, taking the time to fold her napkin onto her lap.
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Sage on Tue May 18, 2010 1:26 pm

" I'm, er...glad you think so. " He had a hard time concentrating, especially as she seemed to make the realization he had feared, and went farther with it, though had mercy on him, and turned her attention to the food. He breathed a slow, quavering sigh and looked at his own food. Lion. There was a tradition and a superstition around eating predatory animals in Algeroth that was deep-seated in their history. In fact, when you were in the military, you ate from the body of a predator larger than yourself at least once a day, as it was believed to empower you.

Women were not held to such a tradition, and as he figured she would be used to more docile foods, he had asked for something much like that which she had received. All and all the food did look amazing, as though it had been prepared with special care taken for them. His mind was on her, though, as he took a bite of his steak, cutting it slowly and placing the tender animal in his mouth. It was delicious, though not like her. Her taste evoked a hunger in him that was much different, and much more powerful, harder to sate.

He dared a glance at her as she assessed her meal. It was true, he had never had relations, and he was completely oblivious to whether or not what she had done and how he reacted was proper. Though as he sat in silence, he could only hope there was more of that pleasure waiting for him.
Sage
Almost Famous

Postby Skylar on Tue May 18, 2010 2:27 pm

With a nod, she used her fork to pick the fish apart slightly, careful to add a hint of the citrus looking fruit with it. She savored the taste the moment it hit her tongue, leaving it there so she could take her time eating it.

The greens were crisp and fresh, the fish tender and flaky...this was by far the best meal she had had in a long time. And yet, while everything was perfect there were things on her mind that she hid. She had never known the touch of a man past what she had encountered here with Xavier. Surely a man of his status must have had many woman. She wanted more then anything to not disappoint him....

“This is so good, I swear it cannot be real!” She had to get her mind together, unable to admit these things to him aloud, at least not yet. Looking over at him she thought of how she could get used to this, not being alone all the time anymore, having someone to share things with. Maybe it wasn’t just for books after all.
Skylar
Almost Famous

Postby Sage on Wed May 19, 2010 1:37 pm

Xavier froze for a moment. There was a taste there, that before his mouth could process, seemed too sweet and out of place. As he had a chance to consume the shred of lion meat, however, the tastes blended, and the flavor worked. He closed his eyes briefly, savoring the sustenance and then studied Frankie's meal. It seemed lighter than his own, but nutritious, and altogether fit what he might have ordered for her, had he the choice. He was glad the move to hasten the delivery of their food had worked out.

" You'll forgive me if it's a tad personal, but do you have any living relatives anywhere? If you wanted, we could start there, once I get back. " The idea had come to him in a flash, as he'd tried to think of a topic that might calm him down. He also took the distraction of the food to make himself more comfortable, and place the towel squarely across his lap, feigning it's use as a napkin of sorts for the moment, though it resembled more a tent than a roof.
Sage
Almost Famous

PreviousNext

Return to Algeroth