Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

That's Gonna Hurt in the Morning . . .

A massive city lay amongst the Limitless Shadows; it alone spans personal borders beyond that of the average nation. Nothing is known about this land beyond the neverending eclipse, veil of shadows, and vaguely existant populous.

Moderators: Nayt, Sage

Re: That's Gonna Hurt in the Morning . . .

Postby Eric on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:45 pm

“Well why not just kill them? If you cannot negotiate peacefully, end them. It seems very simple to me. Surely there are those among us who could make easy enough work of them. After all, they can’t be that talented, they struck me over the head and couldn’t even be sure I would die. Such sloppy work should be easily quelled.”

It seemed such a practical deduction to Achren, who viewed every issue in such a black and white manner. She did not always promote genocide on any scale, but a purge could be what was needed. It was not vengeful thinking, she would have suggested it even if she had not been so bluntly attacked. Of course, the thought of how stupid and crude their work was, did make her want to rip out their hearts and turn them into spit cups.

Fighting and killing her fellow ersatz shad was not something she had a problem with, if they deserved to die in her eyes, it did not matter what race they were. There was no innate racial loyalty ingrained within her, she did not know why, but it just something she was void of. In that way she was much like a human, she had thought at times, whom seemed to show no remorse if they had to kill or harm another of their race. Of course, humans were much more numerous than ersatz shad, but she didn’t think that factored into the equation very much.

“Of course, if you want to keep blood off of your hands, why not manipulate others to destroy them? The arrogance of the gartel knows very little bounds, it would not be hard to have them exterminate these ‘activists’. Surely someone has thought of that before me? Sturm is gone, very well then, take the matter into your own hands. You don’t need an army to purge your enemies Zeto, all you need is a brain and some guile.”
Eric
Badminton Enthusiast

Re: That's Gonna Hurt in the Morning . . .

Postby Nayt on Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Unfortunately, what Achren was talking about was actually a point of discussion amongst those that could make these sort of decisions. It went without saying that Zeto didn't agree with it, not in the slightest. He didn't agree with senseless murder for any reason at all. If peaceful negotiation couldn't work, then the most humane method of dealing with their antagonists--as far as Zeto was concerned--was dealing with the leader and those of influence amongst the ranks.

Of course, Achren's latter idea wasn't even considered, and likely would never be. The Gartel were vastly arrogant, but not to the point where they could be used. Sure, they could coerce them to fight, but the price that the Gartel would have them pay would be astronomical compared to what would happen to them if they just fought on their own. In the end, that wasn't a risk worth taking.

"It isn't my decision, in the end."

There were several amongst them that weren't locked into some sort of "rank" or general occupation. They did their part, but not out of any on-paper obligation. Zeto was not amongst those lucky Ersatzshad; he had one job and one job only. In the end, his say didn't matter.

"I just watch that streets, that's all . . ." he sighed. "Well . . . for now, I need to return to the facility. I'll be back in a few hours, you should stay here and get some rest, in the meantime."
Nayt
Olympic Badminton Champion

Previous

Return to City of Shadows