Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Still strolling through the shadows, part I

A massive city lay amongst the Limitless Shadows; it alone spans personal borders beyond that of the average nation. Nothing is known about this land beyond the neverending eclipse, veil of shadows, and vaguely existant populous.

Moderators: Nayt, Sage

Re: Still strolling through the shadows.

Postby littlebean on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:43 am

"....."

Kremnaes nodded back at Shin, and did his best to fit into the background and become invisible, standing perfectly quiet. The orange bottle was getting slimy in his grip, but still Kremnaes held on to it. He had before mentioned to Usurii that he was delivering some prescriptions to Shin, and surely Shin heard him say it himself, but with the arrival of Usurii the subject quickly changed from the reason why he was there in the first place, to the outfit Usurii was wearing, which by all means was fine by him. With she arrived she brought not only the male's attention, but a great suggestion that Kremnaes wouldn't dare argue with. Going back to the safety of the building was a good idea. Should anything go wrong (like say if Shin decided he DID want to use the sword) it would at the very least, be going wrong inside the building where the situation could be monitored and handled. A bite to eat wasn't such a bad idea to Kremnaes, who had yet to eat anything today. If everyone was in agreement and went back to the building, well Usurii would be Kremnaes's gosh darned saviour for the day.

While he was waiting, a small poking finger touched Kremnaes again and again, catching his attention. Mimi was making things interesting, poking his slimy skin which was as slimy if not slimier than a regular slugs. It was alright for her to do so, he wasn't annoyed, just taken back and a bit confused. Was she trying to get his attention, did she need something?

"H-hey Mimi, what is it?"
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Zach Kaiser on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:11 pm

A smarter man would probably have realized that Usurii would essentially only wear the outfit around Sturm, but Isac was only aware of one thing: "I don't think you've ever been a nurse for me before," he grumbled. All his checkups were done by the "master" himself--perhaps it was a gender thing.

Seeing that Usurii turned her attention to Shin, he did the same. "How did he even get here?" he wondered aloud. "I mean, I'm not even sure how we got here."

Otherwise, he didn't have too much to add to the conversation--he'd do pretty much anything Usurii asked, whether it was to follow her back into the building, go home, run errands, or whatever.

Signature by Nate-o
Zach Kaiser
Broseiden: God of the Brocean

Postby Shin on Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:58 am

With an audible sigh Shin turned his head in the direction of Usurii to indicate he was replying to her, other then that however Shin simply didn't feel like getting up from his sitting position. He was getting more and more tired and much more quickly, probably do to his encounter with the Pink Enigma and the fact that for a while at least his Chi would dangerously low, making it impossible for him to use any of his techniques.

"Sturm has sent our friend Krmnaes here to accompany me." It was the only response she would get from Shin, to either of his questions. He lowered his head again and closed his eyes, simply relaxing until Isaac produced yet another question for Shin.

Why did people always have to ask him stuff, couldn't he just simply be ignored for a while? He knew that he couldn't be ignored, not only was he the least trusted member of the group he also remained a mystery to everyone except Usurii.

"I walked here." He stated flatly which was true, he had walked here being lead by Brenden through the darkness and had also learned that the coat he wore served to make him invisible to Shades, which was the real reason he wore the coat and gloves while outside....Shades always had a way of showing up when least expected.
Last edited by Shin on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
..strive to be like water....
A list of all of my characters on Dystopia.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Nayt on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Offtopic: Brenden, Dean. Brenden. Don't worry, I haven't been misspelling my own character's name this entire time.

Kremnaes? Usurii questioned to herself. He didn't really seem like the best person to have follow someone around. For one, he wasn't subtle in the least. In anything. Actually, that was the whole reason behind her curiosity, now. Sometimes, it was difficult to understand what Sturm was thinking, and now was perhaps that pinnacle of this. Kremnaes wasn't a bad guy at all; he was trustworthy if he needed to be, definitely . . . but he wasn't very adept, physically. Quite the opposite, as far as Usurii knew. She hadn't personally examined his memories, though (as she didn't really do that very often, or at least made an effort to avoid it), so she didn't know exactly what the man was capable of. He could always surprise her and really be capable of something extraordinary, but aside from what she already knew . . . Usurii doubted that possibility.

"Kremnaes slu~gman is sli~mey," Mimi cooed as she prodded Kremnaes again. Indeed, she was going to have to ask for some slime from him!

Usurii made it a point to approach Mimi, and though calm, she tried to at least be a tiny bit authoritative when she put her hand on the girl's shoulder and said, "Mimi, you shouldn't bother Kremnaes like that. People don't like to be poked so much, you know."

Mimi reluctantly stopped and stepped back, pouting. Oh well. She'd just have to ask later!

Usurii, content that Kremnaes wasn't going to be bothered like that again, continued to say, "Shin is right--he did walk here. He just . . . had help. Like we did, Isac."
Nayt
Olympic Badminton Champion

Postby littlebean on Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:04 am

Although Kremnaes was mentioned by Shin, he still didn't feel it was the right time to speak up and mention the prescriptions, in fact, he had given up on any hope of talking and was putting them away in his bag, putting up with and ignoring Mimi's constant prodding the whole time. Simply being mentioned was not an invitation to speak, and he didn't really mind being quiet. Being quiet was the easiest way to avoid confrontation, and even though he appreciated the amount of Eratzshad around him, there was just enough people for him to feel nervous just because of the amount of people there were.

The attention he was recieving from Mimi wasn't entirely unwelcome, just different. When he asked her what she wanted, she simply continued her poking and repeated that he was slimey over and over, as if she was entertained by it. Mimi's attitude was refreshing. The fact that his slime made her happy instead of upset as he imaged it did so many people was nice, but instantly he thought of the downside which was of course, he didn't want everyone to be constantly feeling him like Mimi was. Well maybe a few people...

Anyway, even though she wasn't technically doing anything wrong, he would've liked her to stop, but didn't know how to tell her without sounding offensive. Usurri (again his saviour for the day) stepped in and took care of the small offender.

"I-it's okay she wasn't really being that.... " He wanted to say that Mimi wasn't bothering him, but his voice trailed off until it disappeared all together. How could he thanks Usurri for telling Mimi to stop, but still convince Mimi that she wasn't bothering him? He shouldn't have to do both, but he didn't want to offend anyone at all and often found himself struggling to please absolutely everyone. "Th-thank you Usurri."

Offtopic: THIS IS THE WORST POST EVER! I KNOW I'M SO SORRY! I could barely post but I didn't wanna keep anyone waiting so I did anyway. Also this off topic thing is totally kick ass.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Zach Kaiser on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:47 pm

Isac gave Shin a puzzled look, as the way he understood it their home wasn't a place you could just walk to, but Usurii's explanation was enough for him. He was a simple man--he didn't need to know the details, just that he was aided seemed to be sufficient explanation.

"Gotcha."

He was unsure of what to say next, as a multitude of thoughts went through his head--about Shin and his decision to follow him, about what to do with Mimi, about why Kremnaes was here.

Settling for something easier, he asked, "Are you all done for the day?"

Signature by Nate-o
Zach Kaiser

Postby Shin on Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:30 pm

For the moment Shin remained silent and stationary, seated comfortably on the ground and relaxing. There was still a lot going through his head, mainly the memories that Usurii had unlocked for him, and the fact that Isac had in his possession an item that belonged to one of the few people Shin considered a friend.

He was confused, his emotions were in turmoil. Shin was unsure of himself, of his thoughts, decisions and actions. It was safe to say that Shin questioned everything he was doing. Even now, the decision to leave the facility and wander blindly outside. It was only by dumb luck he happened upon Mimi and Isac, and even more dumb luck that they seemed to be waiting for Usurii. Yes, it seemed everything revolved around luck for the Azure Enigma at the moment.

He stared at the scabbard that was laying across his lap, he had taken it off his side so he could sit properly without it getting in the way, and his mind continued to wander in dangerous territory. Memories he didn't often think about, because they upset him. It had always been easier for him to act, normally in anger.

To sit and actually think, meditate on yourself and actions was much harder then Shin would have imagined. It was hard for him to face the terrible things he'd done in the past. But couldn't that be written off as how he was trained? Or.. something else..anything else... the Cizokian way of taking a life in combat was not something he should have been disgusted and ashamed of. There had to be more to it then that...and yet Shin could not allow himself to think any further on the past and his actions, it was to painful.

"Now what?" He sprang to his feet rather quickly as he spoke, placing his weapon back to it's customary spot at his side. "I am not letting that out of my sight." He spoke in reference to the Aquasoul. "Wherever he goes I go and it would be best if we got a move on, I don't like being on these streets...we are an easy target for whatever is out there beyond our perception."
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Nayt on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:27 pm

Usurii nodded to Isac. She had nothing else to do for the day, it was true. She had a few duties as a nurse to fulfill, and not wanting to keep Isac and Mimi waiting, she didn't waste any time leaving once her jobs were done--not even in changing back into her other clothes, which were still in a supply closet.

The woman halted before she spoke, though, interrupted by Shin who (as Usurii saw it) impatiently got up and inquired about the new direction for all of them. Usurii narrowed her eyes, but refrained from glaring at Shin; rather, she stared at the ground before the Tenken's feet, not saying a word . . .

[Master . . . h-he's . . . he's dying . . .]

[I know.]

[I-isn't there something you can do . . .?]

[I'm trying.]

Um, Master Sturm . . .

Master Sturm, we need--

[Shut up.]

But . . . Master Sturm, it's important . . .

[Can't you see I'm fucking BUSY?! I need YOU to get THIS out of the way! The sword, the gear, all of it--it's in my goddamn way.]

[M-Master . . . p-please calm down . . .]

[. . . Usurii, help them clear the room. Now.]

[Y-yes, Master . . .]

Usurii looked up finally. "I'm taking Mimi home. Isac . . ."

She paused, looking away again. Wording these kinds of things was sometimes difficult, especially since Isac was sensitive about certain things. What if it looked like she didn't want him to come back at all? Would he? Would it be for the best? And that thought alone made her heart wrench.

"Could you come back later, too?" The truth was that she didn't want Shin sleeping over at her house and following them around like a lost puppy. He had attached himself to Isac, it seemed, and she figured that Isac might be able to "accidentally" lose Shin and come back home.
Nayt

Postby littlebean on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Lots of thoughts and ideas were being exchanged right about now, and it seemed that the group he was so happy to run into were about ready to split and go their own ways in such a short amount of time. Even though Kremnaes entertained the idea that they would be safe in numbers, he could only hope this would be true, but since like himself everyone was very busy and has important matters to attend to, they'd have to leave to get things taken care of.

Where Kremnaes went wasn't very important, because his path was Shin's path and apparently Isac's path as well. While people discussed where they were going and what they were doing, he stood politely by the sidelines still, waiting for his opportunity to speak to Shin about his prescriptions and to get the ball rolling on the large project assigned to him by Sturm. The three of them, Isac Shin and Usurii were all speaking of where to go and what to do. Apparently Shin wasn't going to let "that" out of his site, whatever that was and would follow it where ever it went, which was something Kremnaes was already thinking of how to use that to his advantage. Usurii wanted to send Mimi home, and Isac asked the most important in this entire conversation, the one that might safely get them back to the building if answeres correctly.

"Are you all done for the day?"

It was a good question. Was he done, would he be done? There was no definite time or signal as to when Kremnaes would be finished, he supposed he'd continue doing what he was doing until Sturm commanded him to stop. If he said they were done could he go back, and would Shin tag along with him?

"Uh....uh..." Figuring out what to say was the hardest part, being insecure and frightened was just part of his nature, but now with such a task entrusted to him these qualities and fears were heightened. Speaking up enough to get people's attention was a chore, and saying the right thing was difficult. He'd have to be careful.

"Well...we all have things to do...I think so maybe...are we leaving?"

Offtopic: Sorry I keep having such a hard time posting. ><
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Zach Kaiser on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:54 pm

"Ah...yeah." Isac was troubled by her response, but while he wasn't always the brightest person he still understood that Usurii's intention was to keep Mimi and Shin separated. This left him feeling much more irritable at Shin's presence, because what he wanted most was to spend time with Usurii now.

What he missed was the implication that he should lose Shin somehow--not that he was subtle enough to do it intentionally even if he understood.

Shin and Kremnaes being concerned for their safety was completely lost on him as well, but for a fairly good reason: while most people had to watch where they walked in the City of Shadows, Isac was not one of them. Thus far he'd never been a target for the renegade faction, and he only dimly aware that it even existed or was important in any way.

"Well, I suppose I should stock back up on food, then...if everything was spoiled at your place, it's probably the same at mine," he concluded. This was fairly impressive reasoning for him.

Naturally, that wouldn't last. "Umm..." He looked at Usurii sheepishly. "Where should I get food again?" Since he spent most of his time with her, she tended to take care of details like that.

Signature by Nate-o
Zach Kaiser

Postby Shin on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:17 pm

Shin wasn't a socially graceful person, he was also in the same league as Isac when it came to figuring out the true meaning behind someones words. The only thing Shin could ever pick out was if someone was threatening him, other then that, he would make a pretty useless diplomat.

Like everyone else, he continued to ignore Kremnaes, the slug thing was just in the way. Probably the same way everyone else viewed Shin at the moment, not that he cared. He looked from person to person, a little surprised that Usurii actually asked him to come back. Why would she ask him to come back, as far as he knew the girl hated him for what he had done to the other enigmas.

"Very well. Isac and I will gather supplies and meet back here tomorrow morning?" It sounded like a sound plan to Shin, though he didn't want to stay in the city any longer then he had to. It was eerie and dark down here, the calming feeling he had felt earlier was long gone. He didn't understand this place which mean that he didn't like it.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Nayt on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:02 pm

"Umm . . ." Usurii trailed off, trying her best not to talk down to Shin, but there was still annoyed disapproval in her tone, "N-no, I'd kind of like to share a bed with Isac tonight . . ."

She didn't elaborate, just declared that she didn't like Shin's plan. Meet back at this place tomorrow--that meant that she wasn't going to be sleeping next to Isac tonight. That Usurii didn't feel too kindly about. He held in in their sleep last night, and she was a bit unwilling to just let that not happen again.

Unfortunately, if that meant Shin was going to be coming with and sleeping in her house just as well, the idea of meeting here tomorrow became a bit more reasonable. She'd just have to play it by ear, though. If Isac and Shin showed up at her door later, she'd just have to think of something . . .

"Usu~rii~," Mimi cooed, "Mimi-ku want to stay with Isa~ac."

Usurii looked down to the girl next to her and smiled--despite everything. "Don't worry, Mimi. He'll be home in no time. You and I are just going to talk alone, okay?"

Mimi glanced up to Usurii, over to Isac, and then back again. Well, she didn't really have much of a choice in the matter, did she? The girl gave up quickly. Once Usurii was content that Mimi was going to accompany her, she reached down and took the girl's hand.

"Kremnaes can lead you to the ration stores," Usurii declared, before stating with a hint of rue, "I'll . . . see you later."
Nayt

Previous

Return to City of Shadows