Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

A Dark Moon's Sky

A massive city lay amongst the Limitless Shadows; it alone spans personal borders beyond that of the average nation. Nothing is known about this land beyond the neverending eclipse, veil of shadows, and vaguely existant populous.

Moderators: Nayt, Sage

Re: A Dark Moon's Sky

Postby Ramlock on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:13 pm

It didn't really answer the question... Cyril didn't assume whoever had the firearm in the first place was stupid enough to let Yuri get close, especially unarmed. Cyril didn't imagine Yuri was working with the enemy, or anything like that, but any improbable circumstance usually meant he was missing important information. Still, it wasn't immediately relevant.

"How do we stop this? I don't even know who's after us, much less why they want to kill me and Maladi so badly. I imagine you two had history with them, but... Well, this is a major problem..."

Cyril hated having to constantly watch his back. In what felt like his own age, he had grown more interested in security than wealth or power. After all, money could buy many things, but it could never stop the truly smart or determined when it came to safety... Anonymity and statistics were the best protection, always.

"If we find our friend, I'd be all too happy to never show up here again. I just don't care to have to fight your entire damned race simply for being here. I'm not even sure how we got here, or how to leave, anyway..."
Ramlock
Almost Famous

Postby Nayt on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

"That's what we're trying to do, to be honest with you," Tanner replied.

He was a fairly nonchalant man, Tanner, but Cyril struck a bit of a nerve. Not quite in a bad way, though. He didn't strike an anger response or irritation, but more or less a sort of passionate issue for him. He played it off a bit, but he still reacted with a straight-faced seriousness.

"Put a stop to all this."

There was another gunshot, but it was extremely distant this time. This piqued Tanner's interest. He lifted his head and listened for the shouts and yells and running steps. There didn't seem to be any of those, though. At least, they weren't too terribly close by. Not close enough to be heard, at least.

This prompted an important subject change for Tanner.

"They're pretty far, now. Not even any breathing for blocks, I don't think. Let's go."
Nayt
Olympic Badminton Champion

Postby Ramlock on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:32 pm

Good. At least they wanted to stop fighting, too... Not that the fighting could end in the best scenario before Cyril was gone or dead, at least. Maladi was adapting, and likely Edii was, too. The whole place just made Cyril tired, though... Tanner's answer was strange, certainly. Cyril didn't want to pursue it, though...

"If you say so..."

Cyril didn't really question things; he believed Tanner could hear for blocks, even if he hadn't specifically said so. It was enough. The next question, though... Where to go? They had no more safehouse, no contacts, not even any leads, really. Edii could be anywhere in the city, and they weren't even sure of that fact...

"Is there someplace a little safer to take a breather? And with a little less... Atmosphere?"
Ramlock
Almost Famous

Postby Nayt on Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:08 pm

"Yeah," Tanner nodded.

Out of the dumpster, Tanner was content to wait outside for Cyril to get out as well, and take the little shade girl, Baht, with him. There was a point to it, really. After all, as soon as Cyril was out, Tanner shut the dumpster. He'd seen that ugly mug in there when it was alive. He hated it back then, too. In death, it just kept on getting uglier.

Tanner dusted off his suit. Yes, yes, they were safe now. At least, they were for the moment. He looked up, making sure they really were in a safe spot. After having successfully investigated the alleyway with a shifting scrutinizing stare, he was content with the knowledge that they were in a safe spot. Good. Tanner knew this city well; a lot of people like him did. It was impossible to memorize the whole place, though. It was just too damn big. They'd gone running without keeping track of where they were, so it was only possible . . .

Content with his preparations, Tanner turned to Cyril and finished what he intended to say all along:

"Sinir's turf."

A Dark Moon's Sky//Fin.
Nayt
Olympic Badminton Champion

Previous

Return to City of Shadows