Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Failure?, part II

A massive city lay amongst the Limitless Shadows; it alone spans personal borders beyond that of the average nation. Nothing is known about this land beyond the neverending eclipse, veil of shadows, and vaguely existant populous.

Moderators: Nayt, Sage

Re: Failure?

Postby Nayt on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:31 pm

"Yes, it's fine," replied Zeto somewhat cheerily, "I haven't much else to do, you know."

Which was the truth. Excepting his job, he had very, very little to do with his time. He'd go to and from the facility to his house, which was fortunately close by, and he'd spend much of his time alone. Sometimes, either Sanguine or Presmodia would stop by, and he always loved it when that happened, but Presmodia didn't make any appearances at his house anymore . . . or even in the facility at all. If Zeto wasn't mistaken, Presmodia had missed two appointed physical check-ups over the last months. It was of worrisome.

Nonetheless, Zeto would stay behind while Kremnaes went to scour the place for human medication.

And unfortunately, Kremnaes would have no such luck. Dr. Tyrian Sturm medicated himself not with traditional medicines, but experimental drugs that he and his Ersatzshad engineers created and tested--usually on Tyrian himself. Most of the time, these all worked. A couple of times, they backfired. Either way, though, they were mainly tailored to Tyrian himself, with side effects ranging from an almost painful alertness to all things to a physical inability to sleep. The only traditional medications he had were ones to boost the user's metabolic rate. After all, when one didn't sleep, one's metabolic rate fell quickly.

Upon Kremnaes's inevitable return, however, he'd find that Zeto was leaning over the table, over Shin Shiden. He seemed to be closely examining the man, but mainly his chest. He was tracing his fingertips across the man's sternum, with his brow furrowed in thought.
Nayt
Olympic Badminton Champion

Postby littlebean on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:44 pm

"Thanks for helping."

He looked back one more time before leaving, not wanting to delay any longer.

Kremnaes hurried his way down the hallway, multi-tasking as he went along. With Shin in a coma and passed out, there really didn't seem to be a reason for hurrying but still he felt pressed for time. Maybe he just didn't want to leave Zeto alone with what should be -his- patient for too long, really he was worried that something might happen while he was gone. It seemed unfair to leave him babysitting longer than he needed to be.

So he went along, scouring every shelf in the pharmacy, communication device at hand, trying to reach Sturm as he searched. "Master? Master?" He talked into the machine, hoping to get some kind of response. The more he searched the shelves, the less he found. No medication for humans seemed to exist, and now that he thought of it, he didn't really know what human medication was like or how it was different.

Nothing has been very planned out on his part. He refrained from scolding himself out loud, just in case he'd get a response from Sturm and ended up cursing into the device, but in his head he was giving himself a good talking to. The medication for Shin's eyes was all bullshit, human medication didn't exist here and he couldn't find the cause or any symptons. Even if he knew how could he treat it?

"Master?" He tried once again with the device. If his powers were failing him he'd have to test Shin like any other normal nurse would. That's what he'd do next.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Nayt on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:47 am

There was, regrettably, still no answer from Sturm. There wasn't even static on the other end of the communication device, either. There was simply no sound at all. Kremnaes was treated with that empty silence each time he tried to communicate with Sturm.

He had little other choice in the matter: attempt to treat Shin on his own or search for Sturm the hard way.

And the latter would have probably wound up doing more harm than good. Even if Kremnaes just wandered the halls looking for Sturm and found no trace of him, he'd still waste hours on end with no assistance to Shin in the meantime. And then, if he found him, what were the chances that he'd interrupt something Sturm considered to be more important?

It all really depended on how much of a risk taker Kremnaes felt like at the time.
Nayt

Postby littlebean on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:44 pm

Still no reply, not even static, which meant either his machine was broken or simply turned off. He was upset sure, but like always reminded himself that Sturm was a busy person, and he should be too. Tearing through the cupboards looking for medication that didn't exist was only making them slimey, Sturm wasn't around and left no hints as to where he might be, he'd be chasing ghosts if he looked any harder.

Down the hallway a familiar squelching noise could be heard approaching Shin's room. "H-hey Zeto. Thanks for watching him. I-im sorry it took so long. Did anything happen?" If anything happened he hoped Zeto would have called for him, and since he wasn't stupid enough to just stand around and do nothing, chances were Shin just layed there like a rock and nothing interesting happened, but he asked anyway just to be sure, since he expected Shin to seize again eventually.

Not until he found the cause could he do anything for Shin, which was what he was about to do. From now on he'd be running all sorts of tests til he could get to the bottom of this.

Offtopic: Sorry this post is so assy. I seriously had no idea wtf to write.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Nayt on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:28 am

"No, no trouble," Zeto shook his head.

As time passed, Kremnaes began a vast number of tests, running from examinations of Shin's brainwaves to his heart. Truth be told, everything about the man was running nominally--his digestive system was working just fine. There was just one problem: Shin Shiden wasn't waking up. Zeto watched the numerous tests of Kremnaes's for awhile, before finally deciding to voice a question of his whilst Kremnaes was getting ready to take blood from Shin. For what sort of test? Zeto didn't know. Sturm rarely took blood from any of them.

"So . . . what's up with this guy?" Zeto asked with the utmost curiosity, "I mean--what's his deal? What's his name, what's he like? Why is he even here?"

Curiosity was the emphasis here, too. He wasn't trying to get in the way of Kremnaes's tests, but he was extremely curious about this man. Yes, he'd seen him, this was already established. He also knew he was a guest of their master's. But beyond that? Zeto didn't know a thing. Kremnaes was working on him, though. That suggested that, at the very least, Kremnaes should have some level of knowledge about this man.

Why was Zeto curious, though? Well, Shin just didn't smell right . . .
Nayt

Postby littlebean on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:07 pm

Kremnaes sat there by Shin's bedside, readying him for his bloodtest. Next to him was a folder, ready to burst, countless sheets and papers overflowing out of it. There were numerous sheets, each labelled with stats and charts about Shin's health. There were results from x-rays, catscans and every kind of test imagineable. By now, Kremnaes was blindly casting about looking for answers, struggling to find the culprit behind Shin's sudden coma, but for all his testing, no results were yielded. He couldn't find anything, and neither could the machines. At least now he knew it wasn't just him.

After all the excitement, everything went stale so suddenly. Usually Kremnaes enjoyed the stillness, but this was the worse kind of stillness. This was waiting for something bad to happen. Shin was suddenly in a coma, and Sturm himself requested that he be alone so he could contact him, but he hadn't heard from Sturm since. All along, after everything Zeto had been with him most of the time, watching him work and most of all, keeping him company. For all their shyness and social awkwardness, Zeto struck up some conversation, kindly cutting through the silence.

"So . . . what's up with this guy?" Zeto asked with the utmost curiosity, "I mean--what's his deal? What's his name, what's he like? Why is he even here?"

"I actually don't kn-know why he's here really....all I know is that his name is Shin Shiden and-" He hesitated to say this, because he wasn't one for badmouthing people but..."he's not very nice. A-at least I didn't think so." He said this while tightly wrapping the tourniquet around his arm.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Nayt on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:20 pm

"Is that . . . it?" Zeto asked.

Zeto wasn't trying to be rude. Quite the opposite, really. For the most part, Zeto was a nice, quiet, and respectful young man. He wasn't a rude person in the least. He never really tried to be, really, and usually felt badly for it if he accidentally reacted poorly to someone.

But he was also used to information. When he asked someone about something, he usually wanted a thorough answer, especially from people that happened to be in the know--and Kremnaes here seemed to be in the know. Kremnaes obviously knew this man, Shin Shiden, yet beyond informing him that he wasn't a nice guy, he had nothing to give. Examples would've been better than that. Hell, telling the full story about how Kremnaes knew Shin would've been fine, too, even if it was something as simple as Kremnaes finding this human man lying half-dead on the side of the road. That would've told him a lot more.

It came with the territory, though. The portals Zeto looked through had their blind spots, but they didn't lie, and so long as something stood before the portal's eye, he could see it in full detail. That was it, really. The man was used to details.

"I mean, I don't mean to be rude-- but you know this guy, right? You've got to have more to say than that," Zeto added; he really didn't want to sound rude, but Kremnaes didn't really tell him that much at all . . .
Nayt

Postby littlebean on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:50 pm

"Is that . . . it?" Zeto asked.

"Hm? Oh uh...I-i'm s-sorry. Well..."

He didn't know Zeto wanted more information. Maybe it was because he was a bit preoccupied but he only answered -exactly- what Zeto had asked, what his name was, what he was like and why he was there. Of course, Zeto did also ask "what was up with him" and "what his deal was" and Kremnaes failed to provide answers.

Shin's vein was becoming more prominent from the tourniquet wrapped tightly around his arm. Kremnaes disinfected the site of the injection, and carefully stuck the needle inside Shin, sliding it into his vein with ease.

"I-i actually don't know that much." He spoke to Zeto, never taking his eyes of the needle, watching the container slowly fill up with blood. Communication between the two was slow. Both parties seemed shy, and when you have two people trying their best not to be rude or offend eachother, you just got a very polite conversation.

"M-master told me to watch him...." For a moment he wondered if it would be okay for him to give away details on his mission. Sturm never mentioned any confidentiality, and considering Zeto's occupation he would have found out anyway, that and he asked for more information. He didn't want to upset him by not telling him.

"He ssss-said he wasn't to leave the city OR enter Bricriu's territory." As he explained, he removed the needle and pressed his finger on the punctured area, and it healed instantly. "Not like it matters now."
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Nayt on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

"Master did?" Zeto asked rhetorically.

Which meant Sturm knew more about Shin Shiden. Zeto thought on this for a moment. It really wasn't a good idea to bother Sturm, but Zeto didn't know if he was doing anything important right now or not anyways. Sturm hadn't been around the entire day, though. That kind of suggested to him that no, he should not let his curiosity get the best of him, that yet, this could end horribly for everyone.

But then again, if Sturm hadn't been around all day, hadn't told him anything about Shin Shiden, and hadn't informed him that there was anything of importance going down today . . . maybe there was a problem. That was where his train of thought ended.

"Hey, I'll be back," he remarked before leaving the room.

Zeto hadn't said where exactly he planned to go, but he had a fair destination in mind.
Nayt

Postby littlebean on Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:27 pm

Perhaps in the end it was right of Kremnaes to tell Zeto afterall. Considering his role in the city, it was important for him to stay informed. Master had him go through all the trouble of keeping an eye on Shin for a reason, he must have some purpose or significance that Kremnaes simply didn't understand. In all honesty he didn't understand much of what was happening, he was just helping his Master, which he was more than happy to do.

Judging by Zeto's reaction to the information, he must have been in on it as well. He asked him a few questions, and left once he got his answers, was it on purpose?

"A-alright." He didn't question Zeto, he had things to do, and so did Kremnaes. "I-i should go too...the blood...uh," He grabbed the blood he drew from Shin and stood, ready to go to the lab and continue the blood test there." I might n-not be back when you are? I'm sorry."
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Previous

Return to City of Shadows