Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Still strolling through the shadows, part II

A massive city lay amongst the Limitless Shadows; it alone spans personal borders beyond that of the average nation. Nothing is known about this land beyond the neverending eclipse, veil of shadows, and vaguely existant populous.

Moderators: Nayt, Sage

Still strolling through the shadows, part II

Postby littlebean on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:49 pm

Plans were being made amongst eachother, the kind that Kremnaes personally hoped to hear. The three of them all agreed that the best course of action would be to go back, gather their rations, spend the night there and meet in the morning. The meeting did not concern Kremnaes too much, because regardless of where Shin went he would be going with him. It was more about the getting time alone with Shin to explain the prescriptions that mattered most, in a secure protected place in case Shin didn't like what he heard.

More than once Kremnaes considered that telling Shin he was "sick" would be a bad idea. He seemed to be grumpy, irritable and also had a mean looking blade. Great caution would need to be excersiced in this assignment, unless he wanted to become injured or fail to carry out his task. Pain was only temporary and injuries could be mended, but Kremnaes only had one chance to do this, and to do it right. A trip back was a swell idea.

Things were starting to get moving, everyone was saying their goodbyes, and nervously as always Kremnaes was saying his, "Y-ya I'll lead them to the rations Usurii....it was n-nice to see you. Bye Mimik!" He tried his best to sound friendly when saying goodbye to Mimik, not wanting to leave a bad impression.

Offtopic: Sorry guys I'm really struggling to write lately. ><
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Re: Still strolling through the shadows.

Postby Zach Kaiser on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:32 pm

Isac was quickly feeling like the wrong people were making the wrong decisions here, the wrong people being people who weren't Usurii and the wrong decisions being any that required him to spend the night anywhere but next to her.

"H-Hey, wait a second!" Isac wasn't a thinking man, but when properly motivated he could manage to put thought into something. Shin wanted to follow him indefinitely, it seemed, and Kremnaes had business with Shin. Usurii didn't want Shin in her house with her and Mimi, though.

"Umm...how 'bout this. My house isn't very big, and I don't three people will be very comfortable in there." Little did he know this was, in fact, proven--but that was a surprise yet to be revealed. "So...after we get the food, how about you stay at my house Shin? And I'll go stay with Usurii...she could...uh...use some help taking care of Mimi, I bet."

This was probably true, but the small flush that appeared on his cheeks indicated it likely wasn't what he was really thinking about. "I mean, you can trust I'll come back to my own house the next day, right? I'll get the rations with you still, though, so you'll have something to eat."

Signature by Nate-o
Zach Kaiser
Broseiden: God of the Brocean

Postby Shin on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:23 pm

Shin didn't like the plan, it required him to let the Aquasoul out of his sight and that was not something he wanted to do. Not only that, but he didn't trust a single person in front of him which only complicated things for Shin. He did take a moment to think about it at least.

"I need you to get out of this place, and you don't need me. So..." Shin paused for a second, tilting the hood of his coat back, allowing him to level his ghost blue eyes on Isac so he could get across the full effect of what he was about to say. "I will trust you Isac. I will wait at your house after we finish getting supplies. But, if you decide to leave me behind I will find you and I will kill you."

There was no malice or hatred in Shins voice nor was it a threat, it was a promise from Shin. He didn't want to trust the kid, but it wasn't like there was much of a choice. He could waste more time by arguing, but he was tired and wanted to rest. The sooner they got supplies the sooner he could relax.

"Lets go and be quick about it." He turned to face the slug as he spoke, leveling the same cold gaze on the creature. Shin didn't want to spend half the day inching along some slime covered creature, he wanted to move and he wanted it to be quick.
..strive to be like water....
A list of all of my characters on Dystopia.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby littlebean on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:48 pm

Things were taking their time, decision making seemed to be something that this group couldn't get done quickly, which didn't bother Kremnaes one bit. He was a patient person, the passing of time and the speed at which it passed didn't have any particular meaning to him. These decisions were for everyone else anyway, his own course of action was more straightforward, no matter what any of the others wanted to do, he was to stay along Shin's side.

Shin was a problem, and his responsibility. Again, with no real place in the conversation he simply stood out of their way, but the cold look Shin gave him was enough to make him uneasy. Upon mentioning the speed which he would like to travel, he offered a stern and angry look to the one who was physically incapable of travelling faster than a brisk walk. The high speed power walk was the fastest he could push his body to go, so in comparison it would be like demanding any average creature to run full speed wherever they went.

Not only was the assignment dangerous, now it demanding feats beyond his body's capabilities. Sturm had given him a monumental assignment, naturally the job scared him but now the people he was working with were even scarier.

"Lets go and be quick about it.

It took him a lot of nerve to even respond, the look Shin gave him reduced his nerves to mush." A-alright."
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Zach Kaiser on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:38 pm

Shin's repeated threat against Isac's person went without response; either he was too preoccupied to notice, or simply wasn't taking him very seriously. "Good, good. Did you hear that, Usu-"

He turned around to cheerily inform her that he'd worked something out (without force, even!) but halted when he saw nothing but vacant street. "H-Hey, where'd she go? That was fast..."

With a sigh, he turned back to Shin and Kremnaes, ignoring the former in favor of the latter. "Alright, guess we might as well go get those supplies," he muttered, his good mood spike deflated by his lover's disappearance.

Well...that just means when I show up tonight, it will be a surprise! Women like surprises, right?

Signature by Nate-o
Zach Kaiser

Postby littlebean on Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:36 pm

"Yeah...l-let's go...."

Kremnaes, despite being a slug was already ahead of the gang and started to leave alright, with Shin's mention of wanting to go fast and cold glare weighing heavily on his mind and acting as fuel for the fire. Even if Kremnaes was only walking, the speed at which he was walking was enough to make him out of breath. He tried to conceal this out of fear of looking weak in front of the others, especially somebody like Shin, but surely he already thought very little of him in the first place. Was there even a point? He'd never know if he didn't try. After some panting he continued his sentence.

"Let's go get those supplies. This way." He said so walking in the direction they should be heading, leaving behind a sticky slimey foot print with every step he took.

Offtopic: Kay well I guess we're on the move, I didn't wanna post that we were already there and it would be skipping travel. I don't wanna accidentally auto anything or end up being a douche. So....whenever you guys are ready. xD
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Shin on Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:39 pm

The Tenken was slightly irritated that Isac had ignored his warning completely, but it seemed the boy was thinking with something other then his brain. Teenagers. Shin shook his head and began to follow the slug. He didn't know why he dealt with the things he did, he assumed it was because he was always the one getting himself into trouble. Shin had never had good luck, ever.

"Lets get a move on thief." He called over his shoulder to Isac as he caught up to Kremnaes. Despite the things best efforts to walk at a brisk pace if Shin wanted to match it step for step, or even go faster then it there was nothing he could do about it.

Luckily for Kremnaes though, Shin only matched the things pace and he didn't say a word about increasing it. Either Shin didn't care or he was once again self absorbed into himself. Truthfully he was only paying enough attention to make sure he knew where Isac was. Otherwise Shin was still running over his unlocked memories, they were like missing pieces to a puzzle but after putting them in place the puzzle only seemed to get bigger.

"It just doesn't make sense.." Shin blurted out as they walked, shaking his head. "What is this place Isac? What are you?" If Isac also had memory loos then Shin didn't really think the boy could answer him, but there was still a shot, and even more then wanting an answer Shin had to vent his frustration, and if there wasn't anything to hit talking would have to do.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Zach Kaiser on Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:47 pm

"I'm not a thief, I'm a-" Isac stopped mid-sentence, looking puzzled. He'd been about to say something, but now it wasn't coming to him. I'm a what? Well, that was frustrating. It felt like he was close to remembering something. He sighed and moved on; if he thought too hard on it, it would just give him a headache.

Fortunately, Shin's questions provided an adequate distraction, along with following Kremnaes. "This is the City of Shadows, and I'm an Ersatzshad." He looked at the Tenken, thinking it was strange that he didn't know that already.

Of course, Shin was probably knew that much and was asking more specifically, but Isac's simplicity prevented him from reading that deeply into it.

Signature by Nate-o
Zach Kaiser

Postby littlebean on Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:59 am

Kremnaes continued his speedwalking, his breathing becoming heavier the longer he kept his pace. Along with naturally being slow, his job didn't really require too much physical exertion, and to put it lightly, he was a bit out of shape. The struggle he was experiencing currently only reminded him about how weak he was, but then brought about the idea that maybe, even though his assignment felt impossible to complete, it would be good for him in the end anyhow. That and he should really pay more attention to his fitness.

To keep his mind distracted from how tired he was, he listened in on Isac and Shin's conversation. What didn't make a lot of sense to Kremnaes was how Shin didn't know what this place was, or who they were. If he had no idea what it was then it didn't make any sense at all that he would even be here...maybe. Kremnaes constantly doubted himself, Shin could easily know of it but not understand it, maybe when he asked what this place was he was expecting a more detailed answer, but he wouldn't find one from Isac. Since Kremnaes held no part in this conversation, he wasn't about to speak up anytime soon, and he needed to save his breath for his speedwalking.

So for the time being he was quiet and continued on his with running walk until they reached their destination.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Shin on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:26 pm

Shin knew very little of what this place was, of course he had an idea of where they were and what Isac was. But he had been hoping that the thief could give him a little more insight. But why should he Shin thought. Isac did not like him, not in the slightest. That didn't particularly bother Shin, it did however makes talking to him more difficult ... 'Maybe I shouldn't have threatened his life.'

As they walked, Shin keeping his pace with Kremnaes. Seemingly oblivious to the tole the speed was taking on the thing. Shin would walk in silence for about a minute before he spoke again, when it became obvious that his questions were not going to be answered. Time to switch topics.

"Kremnaes, how did you find your way down here?" It wasn't that Shin actually cared but he did not feel like walking in silence the entire way. And if Shin walked in silence his mind would wander over his recovered memories, and at the moment he didn't wish to have his attention divided. He could at least feign interest and stay on guard.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Zach Kaiser on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:58 am

Isac followed Kremnaes, not paying attention to much of anything now that he was no longer being addressed. He wasn't aware that his answers had been inadequate to Shin, and he certainly had no idea that he thought he hated him. He saw Shin more as a thing; an obstacle, an admittedly potentially dangerous one, but otherwise that's all he thought of him. He wasn't one for deep thought.

What he should have been doing was memorizing the route to the supplies, but he mostly just stared off into space as he walked, until something grabbed his attention again.

((So...feel free to skip ahead to them getting there--I don't have anything I need to do.))

Signature by Nate-o
Zach Kaiser

Postby littlebean on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:48 pm

Kremnaes felt ashamed. Just a moment ago, even though never spoken he was a huge hypocrit. Sadly, when Shin asked him his question, he had no answer. How could he expect Isaac to know about the city when Kremnaes couldn't even properly answer a question about himself? It may have been more reasonable to expect Isaac to know more about the city he lived there, they both did. So then what was Kremnaes's excuse? A city was one thing, but not knowing yourself? It was pathetic. If not for his extreme fatigue, shame would be apparent on his face. He should know, but he didn't. Heck if it wasn't for Shin's question the thought of how he arrived at the city never would have crossed his mind.

This would be the second time Shin would have asked a question without getting a good answer, and hopefully this wouldn't upset him too much. If he wasn't so afraid of him still Kremnaes would almost feel kind of bad for not being able to come up with a good reply. So far, Shin was still to be approached carefully, and carefully was how he chose his words. It was hard for him to break it to himself,nevermind Shin.

"Well uh..." he gasped harshly, trying to come up with a sentence, "Oh! we're....here..now!" Much to Kremnaes's relief, they reached their destination. Completely ignoring the awkward question, Kremnaes quickly decided that he didn't care to know how he got to the city, as long as he was happy in it and that he was especially happy to see the building, using it to lean against and catch his breath.

Offtopic: Shit post is shit. Pardon me, if I did something you don't like lemme know and I can change it.
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Postby Shin on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:40 pm

Kremnaes was already on Shins nerves, it wasn't the things slow pace this time that irritated Shin it was the things inability to answer even the simplest of questions. He waited patiently, and finally when it seemed like his question was going to be answered, they arrived.

"Finally. Go inside and get what we need so we can be on our way." Shin didn't have any coin on him, assuming this place even used the same coin. "Does anyone even have any money?" The question should have been asked earlier, but in the rush to leave the thought had escaped his mind.

<Sorry so short. Not exactly sure where we are>
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Zach Kaiser on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:24 pm

Isac smirked at Shin's question. "We don't need money; he just take what we need as we need it," he boasted, clearly considering this an accomplishment over the way humans ran things. It was certainly simpler, which was probably the only thing he cared about.

For a minute after though, he sort of stood in a daze. He was used to Usurii taking care of this most of the time; even though they lived apart, she helped him pick out supplies for his place, and he helped her carry everything to her place.

I wonder how much longer I'll even need my place....uh, wait, taking charge! Being reliable! It's time to make decisions! He took a moment to psyche himself up, slapping his cheeks lightly, before declaring, "Alright, let's get two bags; one for my place, and I can bring Usurii some stuff as well tonight!"

He stood around smiling, quite pleased with himself for the idea, before realizing he also needed to help gather the supplies and began going through them, deciding what to bring.

Signature by Nate-o
Zach Kaiser

Postby littlebean on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:33 pm

"Gaha...."

Kremnaes didn't say a word while the two spoke to eachother, using this more as an opportunity to catch his breath than to use it for speaking up. He never really enjoyed saying much in the first place.

"Alright, let's get two bags; one for my place, and I can bring Usurii some stuff as well tonight!"

Two bags it would be then. Once Kremnaes was finished his gasping, he stood upright and walked into the building. "Alright guys, this way then." Taking the liberty of leading the three of them. Since he was the one ahead of the pack, he decided that the pace they would walk at would be a slow casual stride. He was tired from all the speed wakling (or running for Kremnaes) and Shin could run ahead if he chose to, if he could find his way without him.

The hallway was covered in dry hardened slime prints belonging to Kremnaes, leading straight to the supply room. Clearly he had been here before already in the day, the foot prints were clear evidence as was the bag of supplies he already had. When they arrived, they would find a door that read EMPLOYEES ONLY, like several of the rooms in this building.

When they arrived.

Offtopic: When as in they aren't there yet. Again I didn't wanna jump ahead and be like SURPRISE WE'RE HERE NOW!
littlebean
Loliest Loli on Dystopia

Next

Return to City of Shadows