Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Outskirts of The Geostratum Of Antquity

For arranged battles not directly affiliated with the Dystopian Universe. Battles in this forum are not restricted by Dystopia's RP guidelines.

Outskirts of The Geostratum Of Antquity

Postby Princeben07 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:56 pm

The creature some indicated as soft and cuddly could also be a deadly foe in battle. Many have come his way, but all have come to admission of being overwhelmed by his sheer size in all, regardless of who it was he faced opposite of him.
Who would come his way today?
Exhile?
Any other comers that would dare to face the mighty DAICHON in battle?
Maybe a conversation could occur before the festivities could even begin....
"Basking in The Summer Sun, I greeted the Seabirds; but then, I entered the Demon's Den."
Princeben07
Badminton Enthusiast

Re: Outskirts of The Geostratum Of Antquity

Postby Shin on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:26 pm

So... Im game for a little fight. Dont know if you already have someone your fighting or what not. But you can go ahead and post if you want. :)
..strive to be like water....
A list of all of my characters on Dystopia.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Princeben07 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:28 pm

In a program of infinite emotional recurrences, Benaires Alex DAICHON, age of two, was to slide that giant left hind paw forward a bit, staring on to see who this being was that had to approach soon.

His Crimson Red Cloak remained draped on his entire ensemble, the ears of four perking forward as he tried to tune into the noise levels from such a far distance away.

Snarling a bit at the unknown, the nearly nine-foot tall, wolf-like creature began to lightly bounce, hoping for a good fight or even something that could lead up to a mind-bending event.
"Basking in The Summer Sun, I greeted the Seabirds; but then, I entered the Demon's Den."
Princeben07
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Shin on Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:42 pm

(I went ahead and just picked a terrain, i didn't see one stated earlier. Of course, feel free to change it if I misread something. :) )He certainly wasn't nine feet tall, but the man known as William Hawk was considered large by normal standards. At six foot four and just over two hundred pounds of muscle he was the kind of man most would look at twice before deciding to pick a fight with.

He wore simple clothing, of earth browns and forest greens, the clothes of a woodsman. This day William was prepped for battle, he wore an enchanted longsword on his left hip and a matching shortsword on his right. However, his weapon of choice, a bow, was held ready in his left hand two arrows knocked with the string pulled taught by his right hand.

He took careful but long strides forward, moving much quicker then he preferered. He didn't have the normal foilage that he was used to, nothing for him to hide behind or use for cover should the need arise. It was little more then rolling hills with scattered trees.

He knew his prey was somewhere in the area, he could feel it! And so he stayed low, keeping between the hills and never allowing himself to become an easy target.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Princeben07 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:00 pm

"hmm...it's scent is of an interesting nature. Let's see what this person is capable of, hehehe..."

Said the mighty giant. Ben's girth of over 3, 000 pounds made it virtually impossible to back down from a good spar or test of strength. The eight-pointed star, so-named the Circle of Wandering, took on a very eerie glow of Crimson Red, indicating a notoriety to his foe and some kind of respect. Wind rustled about in the foliage, as he took in a deep breath, then, suddenly, one SINGLE step forward. This would conduct a synaptic response unheard of, as his body propelled itself at very incredulous speeds, only to come within 10 feet of this being. While most would probably dizzy or vomit from traveling at such a high-velocity of speed, Ben's body was designed alot better than normal lifeforms.

His tails of four were laid down firmly, as he started to check his Cloak for wrinkling. A snap of the large head would place his Onyx Black eyes upon this man of two-hundred measly pounds and of a very miniscule height difference; this would actually be FUN!! He'd have a nice chew-toy to toss around like some bleeding tampon or ragdoll that had been left for garbage. Of anti-magic blood, even to his own doing at times, Benaires would bask in this competition, or would it be some kind of a bone to chew on for a few minutes while he thought of someone worthy of actullually besting even one such as he?

Language patterns were to finally form from deep within his Cortex and speech section of the hidden brain, as he finally pursed his lips to form even words to the man.

"So I picked up on your sccent huh? This will be fun. I'm going to give you the first opportunity to strike. I'm not allowed to strike first for defensive purposes. The name is Benaires Silver ALex DAICHONS, age of two, or in human years, about 45, 690. I'm going to enjoy using you as a chew-toy, as I was tuaght by even humans. Have at you."

The left hind leg was to then then slide back, arms still at his side. What the hell was Benny thinking this time?
Princeben07
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Shin on Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:21 pm

Unfortunately for Benaires, William was not accustomed to having large creatures moving at such high speeds towards him. When his keen eyes managed a glimpse of the large target, which at this point would be a mere thirty feet away and closing in at godly speeds he unleashed both arrows.

He had no way of knowing that the creature was going to speak with him, how could he? All he saw was a mass of muscle and fur and after the arrows were unleashed he dove off to the side, rolling to his feet dropping his bow and pulling forth his short and long sword in one swift movement.

William was no stranger to danger but this thing was...unheard of. He looked to see if his arrows had penetrated the beasts thick hide and fur.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Princeben07 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:58 am

Ben's antennae, the Bio-antennae, which came as a basic weapon and tool for all Daichons, were to pick up on the traveling arrows, but Ben's large body probably would not pay any attention to these two pieces of futil weaponry traveling right at him. Upon stopping, Ben's speaking would become interrupted after the words that were spoken, "have at you."

He would feel a pinching sensation, if anything at all.

"Ah, I see that you are quite keen and aware of how to fight. However, I think that if I hit you, I might kill you. Having such a frail little body could be to your disadvantage you know...Oh well, don't say I did not warn you."

Another single step would once again place Benaires in front of this being again, as he was to purse a smile this time, staring down at the man playfully.

"You're pretty slow and dim-witted. To try to attack a creature such as I? Were you not thinking about this entire ordeal beforehand young sir? Oh well."

He said, as a left paw would snap forward so fast, that the wind sheer created from it would be enough to completely knock William off his feet without fail or ways to dodge, since Ben's muscles were so well-defined and in-tune with his body chemistry. He knew not to actually TOUCH the man; for doing so could mean instant death. You see, Ben hit with a force of Pounds per Square Inch, and to actually touch William would be no fun at all.1

1. PSI Palm Fist, Openly Initiated without contact.
Princeben07
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Shin on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:55 am

The thing was fast, that was not something that could be debated. Yet William could not help but think og another incident where he fought another creature that was as quick, if not quicker, a small demon he had encountered once. It hadn't been nearly as large or powerful as this thing infront of him, but such speed could be used to his own advantage he knew.

William didn't bother to speak, what could he possibly say? The things was as cocky and arogant as a dragon...another type of creature William had fought, and triumphed over. He told himself that this one would be no different. When the creature moved to strike William did the first thing that came to his mind. Raised his shortsword point first at the oncoming fist.

Several different things happened in that moment, first and foremost William called upon his innate ability to commune with nature and used his druidic magic to embrace himself with the earth for a brief moment. The result, he would not move, he was like mighty oak or a mountain at that moment in time.

The second thing that happened is he called upon his weapons magical property, increaseing its razor edge by ten fold, an edge that could find a hole in dragon scale would no doubt make it through the Daichons own hide if it hit.

The third and final thing that happened was that William simply braced himself against the pain that he knew was sure to come. Unless the Daichon changed his course of path, something he would have miliseconds to do based on his own speed, he would find his fist impaled on Williams extended short sword, no doubt severing bone and muscle and utterly destroying the hand.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Princeben07 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:42 am

(OOC: Not bad at all actually, lol, but I must inform you faithfully of this creature's abilities, alright?
(OOC Note 2:

III. Skeletal Density (Benaires only)
After constant experiments in the House of Magnus, the skeletal density of the bone structure was greatly changed. The bones are over 1, 000 times more dense than that average bone of a normal animal.

Cerulean Armor:
Darkness, hatred and rage, similar to the requirements of the summoning of Dark Terror, are the effects that help to power the armor inside of the skeleton of Benaires. It would clearly point out that the parasitic, living armor itself develops a unique characteristic, personality, and even the power as well.

While it isn't really officially known just WHERE the Ceru Armor gets its own powers, it is thought that the armor is pulling its abilities from the "host."
It can communicate in a very garbled and dis-junctioned language that only a few beings can begin to interpret.

Weapons, projectiles and even energy shots of D.T./A.T can be manipulated by the armor in some defensive standpoints.

Update on Cerulean Armor:
Caos, a parasitic entity from another dimension, is believed to be the catalyst in the creation of the Cerulean Armor. It is said that the more hatred and rage the host exhibits, the stronger in density the Ceru Armor will become. Manipulation of the Armor is entirely up to both the "Host" and the living armor itself. Some say that pieces of alternate existence betwixt Valick Frost and Caos were embedded into the armor itself, henceforth explaining the odd relation of Valick and the Ceru Armor.

Upon Ben's near-about death, Valick Frost decided to exchange bits of still-dormant Dark Terror for living embodiments of
the Cerulean Armor. At this exchange, both parties exhibited changes in personality, power, speed and agility.)

This push of wind sheer was quite the stuff for the Daichon, but he was not paying much attention to the sheer size of the weapon that William had wielded so far. Ben did not seem to mind all of the trickery and skill being used up until this point, but did the arrogance count for something as well? Knowing how this could get pretty bloody in some case or another, Ben's paw would countinue to push forward until the sword itself would actually sing from the collision of the force of the paw slamming into it! Now if with such a force that Benaires was pushing his blow with and with William not moving, something would have to give, right? But Of course!! Ben's size was immense, almost intimidating to most other life forms, and to be able to handle all of that girth was simply unfathomable!!

The sword itself was to break off at some point, since Ben's PSI System was pretty much difficult to withstand. Though William would anchor himself as a tree would into the ground, even trees had learned to bend with the atrocious velocity of all kinds of winds, and if he did not learn that from even basic combat, then chances are an injury would develop somewhere from within his body, perhaps causing some kind of internal damage.

Benaires, however, would remain unscathed and simply unphased; his power and strength had proven to be worthy over 1, 000 times in his life of 45, 000-plus years, even in Chrio-stasis. He wasn't scared, nor was he arrogant in in this case; a tilt of the large head to the side would make him even more curious; what kind of power did this being really hide, and would Benny need to certainly have more fun with him in such a case that using the powers of the Shadow Of The Soul would have to come into play?

"Not bad at all little man, but did you think that increasing the size of such a futile weapon would injure me? have you even learned the way of how my race even fights? Guess I'll have to teach you then, have at you William..heheh.."

He spoke with such CONFIDENCE!! William hadn't even put a dent into that thick coat or even that condensed skeletal frame of his. The breathing however, was beginning to be a bit labored for Ben; he was using just TOOOO much power for showing off and knew that he'd have to soon catch his breath, even for his giant lung capacity. But, alas, being stubborn as a mule as one would say is usually Ben's Achilles heel.

Stepping back a bit, only breathing a bit in labor, his bio-antennae were to take on a luminescent glow of orange, indicating a re-charge for even the air he breathed.

It was now time for William to make a move; for Ben's fatigue had already begun setting in, even for a short time of introductory combat.
Princeben07
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Shin on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:47 am

His weapon hadn't even pierced the thing! If ever there was a time to show nervousness the time was now, but William tried his hardest not to. He clenched his jaw in defiance, fixed the nine foot beast with a steely gaze and refused to back down, though every bone in his body told him to run!

The impact, suprisingly, had done little damage to William. The force of the blow had surely fractured his arm, even aided by such powerful druid magic there was no way he could transfer all the momentum into the ground. That was the sercret of the spell he had used, he didn't stop the momentum, merely transfered it through him and into the ground and allow the momentum to carry out.

However, the spell didn't allow William to move either and so when the thing took a step back he was releaved. He ended his own spell and moved backwards, his natural regeneration already piecing back together his fractured arm. This event would likely go unnoticed by the Dachion as there was no outward signs of his injury or it's healing, but William surely felt the pain!

"So you know my name, clever beast." William finally spoke, forcing him self to grin confidently. "I have never encountered a creature like you before though I do need to ask you but one thing .... " William paused, lthen looked to the sky as if in deep thought. "...shall I stuff you or turn you into a rug?"

William sheathed his shortsword on his right hip and let his right arm, the one holding his longsword, drift lazily to his side. He then began to chant, keeping his eyes ono the sky. He was preparing his next move, a spell obviously and was still walking backwards away from the beast. The words of his spell would be impossible for even a creature such as the Daichon to understand, they were in a secret language, a language nearly extinct and known only to those of the Druid faith, leaving the creature to wonder why kind of spell the powerful Druid had at his disposal.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Princeben07 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:25 am

While Ben labored to catch his mighty breath, it seemed that William was stepping up the fight already, and they hadn't even shaken on anything yet!!

Stepping back even further, the healing process of taking in vast amounts of air was about 60 percent complete, as Ben's innards relaxed now from getting fresh oxygen inside. He could've kept attacking and caught some air later, but this William person seemed to be well-adept in his Druid Magic, for which Ben knew he had to prepare himself for.

In such a case, his powers of the Circle Of Wandering would not come into play this time; he wanted to try his other abilities to make this fight more in his favor without trying to harm the other person, for which he knew he could at any time.

A quick reach of the left arm over the right shoulder would place that gigantic paw onto the leather sheath of his favorite toy: The Scythe Of Obelisk, a mighty weapon he rarely used in combat, but felt the need to insure his victory.1 Standing now about 12 feet from his opponent, a sturdy unsheathing of this thing made the glare coming from it hard to withstand. A gigantic half-moon crescent adorned the edge of the handle, as Ben was to stand firm and tall against whatever it was this guy had prepared for him. He then closed his Onyx Black eyes, as the blade of the weapon began to increase in luminesence, perhaps charging for something.

His Eight-point star now aglow as caution; the anti-magic blood now flowing through his body as precaution. Hell, it didn't always block magic, but it sure could cut the damage by as much as 45 percent.

Prep 1: Scythe Of Obelisk Withdrawn and Charging, abiblity: UNKNOWN.
Princeben07
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Shin on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:46 pm

William was a little surprised when the Dachion didn't move to interupt or at least slow his spell casting. He noticed the things heavy breathing and smild inwardly as he continued mouthing the words to his spell and moving backwards away from Ben and his giant scythe.

The creature was huge, and moving as quickly as it had William had to guess was tiring. He himself was large for human standards and heavily muscled, yet if he pushed his body he knew how quickly he would tire himself out. He used the break to his advantage and continued praying, for thats what his spell was, a prayer. Not to the gods, certainly he had no connection with them. But to the planet he whispered, asking for it's aid against this mighty foe.

William was part fey and as such his connection with nature was part of him, not something he had to learn like most druids, and as such his power came easier much more quickly and no less powerful despite his young age. He concentrated heavily on his prayer, the divine energy of the earth buildling under him and all round him for nearly 15 feet out. If the Dachion could detect such things he would know the magic was alive, powerful and gathering quickly every passing second.

Yet...no visible effects were produced. Only this building of power that limited itself to fifteen feet out with William at it's center, at this point William would be near twenty feet away and he continued to move backwards. He took full advantage of the creature taking a break and letting William make the next attack...though no attack would come yet, this was a powerful spell he was praying for and demanded time, time that was so graciously being given.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Princeben07 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:08 pm

Benny did not pay attention to the spell casting in direct effect; his focus was more on the events that would lead up to the Scythe Of Obelisk doing the neccessary work FOR him instead. Opening his deep black eyes, Ben noticed that Willaim was moving back even further away, but he seemed to be faintly chanting something that the Daichon could easily pick up on;

It wasn't gibberish, but Ben could not translate, even through the effect of the Ancestral Pattern and the Geostratum Of Antiquity itself.Ben only hoped that whatevevr it was that William had been prepping up until this point could not be more powerful than his Scythe; simplicity made it even more difficult to determine just how to move about now.

"I don't know what he's up to, but I can't attack him until he attacks first. If I use D.T., I'll certainly make a mess of this entire place. I've got to depend on the more non-innate attacks in my arsenal to catch him off-guard somehow."

Once again, Ben just stood there, calculating on how to make his next move. He was at a stalemate, with no kind of counter ready or anything for that matter. Only the Scythe was aglow, awaiting his command.
Princeben07
Badminton Enthusiast

Postby Shin on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:05 pm

William didn't know to chalk his good fortune up to the creatures confidence or something else, regardless he completed his spell.

"GAIA!!!!!" It would be the last word he pronounced, and likely the only one the creature had a chance of understanding. With that last syllable a visible ripple moved through William and evenly outward fifteen feet in all directions. As the single ripple ended the shaking began, the earth would tremble around the two combatants, an effect of Williams spell no doubt.

The earth seemed to groan, as if it were a living thing, William rose into the air on a growing mound of rock, dirt and stone. The mound would tower even above the nine foot beast, at fifteen feet in height it would stop. An earth elemental. William had summoned a being of ancien powers, its size directly reflecting it's age and strength.

It held no facial features, only a vaugely humanoid form with a front that was dictated merely by the way William was facing and legs as thick around as the largest oaks that melded into the ground. The elemental wasn't stagnant either, its very body flowed like water as the very ground ran through it like a stream, its body swired with tones of browns.

William had put back his longsword and stood on the Elementals shoulder, one hand resting on his belt and the other gripping onto what one would assume to be the creatures head. His eyes never left the Daichon though and he was almost ready to send his creature into battle.
Shin
Almost Famous

Return to Coliseum