Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

A Mediocre Showdown Not Really Tied to Anyone’s Destiny.

For arranged battles not directly affiliated with the Dystopian Universe. Battles in this forum are not restricted by Dystopia's RP guidelines.

Re: A Mediocre Showdown Not Really Tied to Anyone’s Destiny.

Postby Shin on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:13 pm

There were a plethora of options for Dav and even more things he needed to consider. Mainly private issues, reasons why he thought he was here and who could possibly be behind it all. There was only one individual that could have orchestrated this event that Davlamin knew, and when he was involved nothing was certain.

“I’m afraid I cannot allow that.” He responded to the female as she began to walk away, though he wasn’t truly worried about her, not at the moment at least. Instead, Dav’s focus was on Heita, if for no better reason than for his words earlier.

He wasn’t oblivious to the spear that Heita dropped as well, but there wasn’t much he could do about that at the moment. As the spear struck the ground Dav spoke a single word of power, the focus of his magic was Heita, specifically his feet.

Myr He whispered the word to the spell.

The effect was simple, the magic, if not completely resisted, would make it incredibly hard for Heita to move his feet. The effect of the spell was to stop a moving target, halting them in their spot and while Heita wasn’t moving he would find it hard to move his feet at all.

As he spoke he strode forward several steps, drawing his masterfully crafted weapon and holding it casually to the side. He made it clear he was ready for a fight, though he would keep Heita in front of him, specifically between him and the armored individual coming towards them. If he was lucky the spear hurling man would take care of Heita for him, leaving only the girl and Saran for him to worry about.
..strive to be like water....
A list of all of my characters on Dystopia.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Paroxysm on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:05 pm

"Right," Heita nodded in agreement. "You could probably use some help findin' those fans of yours."

Well Akizets had kind of promised Heita’s help to Dav, but if the ‘Polishman’ wasn’t all that receptive about it then Heita had no problem just helping Akizetsumei. These guys were mighty interesting, however; he felt like something good could come from all of this - something worth watching, at least.

Magic users, Heita thought to himself. They were always such a hassle to deal with, but they were also pretty predictable, too. Dav had already used a spell once, apparently needing a verbal component, since he whispered something just before, and now he was whispering once more. Deduction? Another spell.

Continuing to smile, Heita appeared to casually walk away from where he was standing, gesturing for Akizetsumei to lead the way, like the gentleman he was, and, no matter how hard Davlamin tried to focus on Heita’s feet - no, any part of Heita - he would find it an impossible task, an undertaking he was just not up to at the moment, because every time Dav attempted to focus his eyes on Heita, the former assassin would appear to weave just out of his sight, almost naturally so.

Although possibly being confused for magic immunity or knowledge of whatever it was that Dav was doing, it wasn’t; in fact, Dav could have been doing something else entirely and Heita would have still reacted in the same manner. A series of minute movements, of traveling here and there within a fraction of a second, all the while appearing to never deviate from his path, that was his answer to Dav‘s magic, and it was one he had grown very accustomed to using. Mages, wizards, warlocks and necromancers, they all usually needed to concentrate to some extent, and, if they weren’t casting spells that influenced the physical world, then it usually required a target or some such, and if the target couldn’t be targeted easily . . .

Dav could probably switch gears and try to target a different area entirely and hope he got lucky, but if he failed, it would probably be a little embarrassing.

Regardless, outwardly, Heita never let on to what he was doing, he never seemed particularly aggressive or defensive, he was just walking, very fancy-like and seemed to have no interest in fighting either of these guys. At least, not yet
. . . That could change, if it came down to it, but, for right now, he was perfectly fine with watching how things turned out. Former assassin, yes, but he still didn’t like straight-up fights. He had enough scars already, thank you very much.

FATAL KERNEL ERROR_
Mind link to COMP disconnected_
Paroxysm
Site Admin

Postby Nayt on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:04 pm

Offtopic: Haven't got anything from Kensaki for awhile and I felt a lot like posting as Akizetsumei. Shouldn't be a problem, though. She's been completely harmless thus far. Also, I apologize for the caps lock on words of emphasis; its hard to use BBcodes on my Android.

That Polishman wasn't going to let them leave? Akizetsumei was pretty sure she heard him say that! And now she was DEFINITELY getting out of there! Dav had successfully put her off enough that she wanted nothing to do with him. What was he going to do to stop them, huh? Hurt them? Because that's the gist she was getting from this guy, and in all honesty, she'd done nothing wrong to him ... or anyone, for that matter. She was just a lost and confused young woman, bolstering neither threat nor reason to strike ... outside of being a horrible person, that is.

She nevertheless edged her way from Dav and the other man, the one that so brazenly hurled a spear at Dav, until she and Heita were within the confines of an alley. It was there that she walked a bit faster, hoping to get to the other side of the street and out of harm's way as quickly as possible.

Heita, walking with her, would probably be able to tell just how nervous and confused Akizets was. Her heart was beating fast and she was fidgeting. She wanted to speak, but was unwilling to do so until they were safe and sound on the parallel street from Dav and the man with the spear.

He'd also be able to tell that the alley felt like a wind tunnel when she was in this state. It would ultimately be difficult to traverse it, at least for the average man, with uncanny and on-edge gusts filling the small space between buildings, which was in itself strange, as Akizetsumei seemed to walk it just fine, if not with the same manner of nervousness the mild wind tunnel seemed to convey.
Nayt
Olympic Badminton Champion

Postby Shin on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:25 am

( Yea, this thread is deaded. Kensaki has withdrawn and I am going to go ahead and back off myself.)
..strive to be like water....
A list of all of my characters on Dystopia.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Paroxysm on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:54 pm

Offtopic: Ha.

FATAL KERNEL ERROR_
Mind link to COMP disconnected_
Paroxysm
Site Admin

Postby Nayt on Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:11 pm

Offtopic: This could have, in theory, turned into a very fun roleplay. That's a shame. Especially since this was what I enjoyed posting in the most of all my current threads.
Nayt
Olympic Badminton Champion

Previous

Return to Coliseum