Dystopia

Skip to content

Change font size

Davlamin VS Zach Kaiser

For arranged battles not directly affiliated with the Dystopian Universe. Battles in this forum are not restricted by Dystopia's RP guidelines.

Davlamin VS Zach Kaiser

Postby Shin on Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:42 pm

This is just a challenge to Zach, with Dav. The characters are fairly similar, and being as Mr. Kaiser is one of my all time fav chars I want to fight him. Just gotta wait for YOU to approve Zach...than I'll post something. Don't worry about needing a reason, I have thought of a reason for Zach to fight.
..strive to be like water....
A list of all of my characters on Dystopia.
Shin
Almost Famous

Re: Davlamin VS Zach Kaiser

Postby Zach Kaiser on Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:58 pm

Didn't notice this until Nate pointed it out to me. ^_^; For future reference, PMs are easier to get my attention with. I don't check new posts most of the time.

Anyway, fine by me. Given that it's Kaiser, "I'm bored and this guy looks fun to fight," is reason enough for him, FYI.

Signature by Nate-o
Zach Kaiser
Broseiden: God of the Brocean

Postby Shin on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:29 am

(Noted! I did have something else in mind, but I decided I would appeal towards Kaisers treasure hunting side. Not something I think either character would kill the other one for really... but surely beat senseless.)

What were the odds Davlamin wondered? That two adventurers came into the same dungeon at the same time, by two different entrances and ended up in the final vault at the same exact moment. It wasn’t like either of them could simply grab the treasure and dash either, the crystal, as large as a human head, pulsated with a magical power that was protected by a strange multicolored magical wall, whose effects Davlamin could only guess at. Not to mention whatever mundane traps were in place, Dav had never been good at disabling those traps, he hated them.

Davlamin had started off in the crypt of a lich (a horrible place to start looking)and ran for his life, got lost underground, got captured by slave traders, escaped and had somehow bumbled his way along the corridors steadily working his way higher and higher. Now, after the gods only knew how long, he stood at one entrance to the vault, it’s sides littered with mounds of gold and other unknown treasures.

The size of the room was impressive in and of it self, easily the size of any coliseum Dav had been in, with large pillars that would take three or Davs with his arms wide to reach around supporting the twenty foot high ceiling.

When he had started his little foray he hadn’t expected to find treasures such as this, but now that he was here there was no way he could simply walk away. There was too much treasure, too much magic and to much history in this room.

Yellow tinted eyes narrowed into slits as he stared at the man on the other side of the room, and though he was a distance away Dav could tell he had also just found the vault, which meant the exit was also through that door. Dav thought momentarily about offering to split it… but quickly pushed that aside, this was to be his treasure he decided. He needed the large crystal.

He wanted to say something, but nothing came to mind and so he strolled towards the center of the room, hand on the hilt of The Everflame, to meet the other individual and possibly, just maybe come to some sort of agreement, though Dav highly doubted it.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Zach Kaiser on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Treasure hunting was not the glamorous lifestyle stories made it out to be. It took as much work finding any kind of ruin as it did exploring one, and the majority of the time it was only to find the place had been long looted and he was forced to dig for the barest scrap of anything that would sell just to make the venture worthwhile.

But it was moments like this that he remembered why he was in this business instead of something more mundane with steadier pay. Guess that's the power I've been sensing...no wonder there were so many traps. Even Fenix would flip out over something like this.

Had the crystal been alone it would have been a glorious find enough, but on top of that there were piles of treasure scattered all over the room. It wasn't just his own, personal biggest find--it was the kind find that people would telling stories about for centuries to come. He'd go down in history for this! Assuming he could find a way to carry it all, and get past that psychedelic magic barrier...

He took a few steps further into the room, into the illumination give off by the crystal. He didn't look like much at first glance; he wore a plain shirt that had once been white and was now brown with dust and dirt, and a pair of pants that were equally dirty but it was harder to tell as they were already brown. His hair, too, was a dark shade of brown, and hung nearly to his shoulders, and his deep blue eyes danced in the light of the crystal. He wore a light pack on his back filled with supplies and the tools of his trade, and while not overly muscular he was clearly quite fit.

The only thing that suggested he was anything other than a vagabond was the sword at his hip. Longer than a longsword but nearly as light, the bastard sword had unparalleled versatility...at least for those who took the time to learn how to use one properly. This particular one had a gold-trimmed hilt and sheathe...though both had lost their shine under layers of grime from the ruin. And in the middle of the hilt, a blue gem was set.

He didn't even seem to notice there was another presence in the room. He was too entranced by the amount of treasure and trying to calculate just how many trips to the surface he'd need to take to carry it all.

Signature by Nate-o
Zach Kaiser

Postby Shin on Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:14 pm

The simple looking man was…. oblivious to everything but the wealth it seemed. Dav groaned internally and looked around further. The man before him look to be nothing more than a simpleton, the only thing of value was the sword and that was only because of the gem Dav could make out.

He entertained the idea right there of trying some sort of spell on Zach, perhaps sticking him in place or a multitude of other things. He let the thoughts pass however, Davlamin wasn’t one to simply attack unprovoked. However … an idea crossed his mind.

Davlamin took the time to walk over to a pile of gems that was at the base of a pillar, looked over to his opponent and grabbed a single sapphire from the pile to see if he would notice. If not he would, without much force, throw the thing at Zach, not to injure but to simply get his attention.
Shin
Almost Famous

Postby Zach Kaiser on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:02 pm

This thing's going to be a pain to get by, isn't it? He was beginning to suspect the rainbow effect of the magic barrier wasn't because it's caster liked pretty colors but rather because this barrier was really a bunch of barriers mixed into one. One or two barriers he could probably brute force his way through if he needed to, but this many could be dangerous even to him.

Maybe I should contact Fenix and see if he can research it. But I don't like the idea of leaving without at least getting the main prize, either...

Zach Kaiser caught the sapphire without so much as a glance towards Davlamin. He did, however, examine the gem for a moment before pocketing it. "Hmm, not bad. Nothing compared to the crystal, but it'll sell for a bit at least. Hey, you!"

He still didn't turn around, but at least he was acknowledging his presence now. "Exit's that way. I took care of most of the traps, so it should be safe. And don't tell anyone about this place, ya hear?"

Signature by Nate-o
Zach Kaiser

Postby Shin on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:52 pm

(Note. I have edited this post to better fit with the slightly modified Dav. Hope you don’t mind. I have taken out many of the D&D elements.)

The way the peasant looking man blew off Dav was irritating, he had barely acknowledged his existence. Well that was a mistake, a fatal one by Davs reckoning if he had been malicious enough to attack with lethal force.. There was enough wealth here to make a king of anyone and many treasure hunters kill for even a fraction of the total wealth here.

Dav reached within himself, drawing forth raw mana, and channeling it into his hand even as he reached to the side to scoop up a handful of coins. The mana, as it was channeled into the coins, took on the form of lightening.

The coins were thrown in the air all around Zach, which was when the magic was triggered, sending tiny jolts of electricity through the air sporadically from coin to coin. Effectively creating a webbing of electricity that while certainly not deadly would be like a dozen people touching you after dragging their feet across the carpet. It would certainly be annoying if not avoided.

The effect was momentarily at best and when the coins hit anything other than each other they would loose their charge immediately, once again becoming simple pieces of metal.

“Hey, Mop Top. Pay attention when some ones talking to you.” Davlamin nearly shouted, obviously annoyed at being brushed off.
Shin
Almost Famous

Return to Coliseum